Chapter 16

Strength in Weakness, Truth in Lies

Earlier that morning:

Siwon had just woken up after a half hour sleep. When he reached the living, he saw his little sister wearing her pajamas, in front of her laptop with a cup of hot chocolate next to it. He then walked towards the couch. "Saengie..."
Somehow surprised, the young girl turned her head to him and stood up to sit beside him. "Oppa?"
"Why are you up so early?"
She smiled to a degree of doing it weakly. "You see... Mr. Cho had assigned us on doing a research paper."
"About what?"
"Acquaintance ."
"EH?" The man showed a hint of disgust. "What about that? What's up with that man?!"
"That's why people shouldn't trust anyone they just met." she shook her head. "Eung oppa... I remember him asking us, what we feel if we witness two people who just met flirting with each other. He also said that they were together for a night?" 
Siwon had a feeling about what Kyuhyun was talking about. "And?" he tried to calm himself.
"So... oppa, what do you think? It's a little—"
"It's NOTHING!" he exclaimed, standing from his seat. "They're just there for business! What's wrong with that?!" He felt his head aching, massaging his temples, he continued, "Gosh! Seo, don't believe every thing he's saying, uh? He's just— aissi! What's up with him?!"
"Woah..." Seohyun looked at him in confusion. "No, oppa... what's up with you?"
"What's up with him?!"
She stood up. "Oppa... is there something wrong?"
"No...nothing. It's just..." He just breath out his anger and tried to smile.
"So...what do you think?" .
He just stared at her, "Just say mind his own business." He nodded. "I'll go shower then."
"Oppa? Don't you think it's too early for a shower? It's like 4:30am... you have an appointment?"
"Yes. With the girl that guy is talking about." he whispered.
"Eh?"
"I'm meeting my business partner."
"Even if... it's really early oppa, you and your partner doing business already?" she chuckled.
"No... We're going to church."
"Business on church?"
"No!" he derped. "I'm meeting her not because of business today..."
"Date?" a smile plastered across the young girl's face.
"No! Who dates on churches?"
"After church?" Still asking, her face is wreathed in smiles.
"No." he laughed and patted the girl's head. "I'll go shower."
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

The young woman stopped from what she is doing and stared blankly at the mirror. Why are you even here? she thought to herself.
Siwon nodded in confusion. "Sir, by any chance, do you have an appointment with the business girl?"
The man is wearing an old suit, streaks of white hair is visible on his head, indicating he's been to many life's challenges along with his age. Dark age spots with his back a little hunched, he forced a deep breath, exhaling the stressful things written all over his face and displaying a placid appearance. He chuckled and patted the young guy's shoulder, "I'm your girlfriend's father..."
The handsome man's jaw dropped. He didn't even gave attention to the word 'girlfriend' but rather to the fact that here he is, standing right next to her father. "Err... ah—annyeong haseyo!"
He slowly walked around the place and nodded like a proud dad. Sooyoung, in the midst of her anger, walked out of the bathroom, taking a deep breath and clenching her fist.
The man stopped from turning his head after seeing the loftiness of his child's place. He looked directly at his daughter's eyes to which Sooyoung raised an eyebrow. "What are you doing here?"
Siwon for a moment looked at her and excused himself, walking outside to stand beside the door. He wanted so badly to hear the conversation.
Tears filled the old man's eyes. He had waited for this very moment a long time ago. He had been yearning to see her daughter's beauty, longing for her voice and wishing for her love—a daughter's hug even for just a split second.
"What is this?" she asked. "What's with this whole drama of yours again?"
The man couldn't answer her. After all, he had planted one of her childhood's most painful memories. "Sooyoung-ah..." her father reached for her but she pushed him away. A wry smile crept over the somewhat angry and nervous woman. "What? You want money?!"
The old man strongly shook his head. "Sooyoung-ah..."
"Things are not going well between you and aunt? What exactly do you want, uh? Let's just get this straight to the point. Know what? I just ran into your partner few days ago and she wants to have some business with me... So what is this? Planning on tricking me? Ruining my life after you both ruined my past? What are you planning to do then?"
Again, his father tried to hold her but she cut it right through. "Let's talk... Let's talk as a father and daughter."
She gave him a cynical remark. "Oh? I'm sorry, but my father died a long time ago. HE DIED THE DAY HE LEFT US."
"Sooyoung-ah... hear me out, first..."
She felt like crying with rage. "HAVE YOU?! Have you tried to hear me out?! Have you tried to hear this little girl's cry?! Have you EVEN tried to understand me?! I was longing for a father! When mom died, where are you?! You were busy taking care of someone else's child! What about us?! Your daughters? You abandoned us, right? Eonni is the one who raised me! We were the ones who raised ourselves! Look at us now, we're in a better condition, right?" She started crying. "Now what do you want? Haven't you had enough destroying my childhood?!" She walked out and left the old man drowning with tears as regret covers his eyes. She just felt she couldn't stand seeing her father for another second.
Siwon, who is in the verge of listening to the brunettes cries, held her hands to stop her from walking away. She glared at him quite surprised to know that he's just there standing up beside the door. She pushed him away and ran as fast as she could while Siwon ran after her. Tears continued flowing the young girl's cheek as time goes by slowly. She reached the parking lot, been wanting to scream her heart out. She is about to run towards her car when Siwon pulled her for a hug.
Sooyoung kept trying to let him release her but the more she tries it, the more he keeps her on tighter leash. Soon, she gives up and responded to his hug. Siwon closed his eyes, he could feel her cries and he also felt like crying but he just couldn't. He scratched her back and whispered, "Sooyoung-ah..."
Sooyoung didn't gave him an answer, she's just there crying on his arms. So, he continued. "Be still, Sooyoung-ah. Hold on....I understand you and I'll be here for you. "
She turned her eyes on him. Siwon-ah... Thank you. Could I rely on you, even just this once? I feel like I want to believe every word you say... Even if you say, the world will end tomorrow... I want to believe you... but I can't.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

It was drizzling that afternoon. Sooyoung is at Siwon's house, both are laid back having a nice cup of green tea. They sat on the little hut by the garden, talking about random things when the topic suddenly went from books to love. "You still love him?"
"Eh?" she turned her head to look at him after a sip. She then nodded shyly.
"It's obvious." he smiled a smile of dry amusement. "Been two years, Youngie..."
"I know. No matter how much I try to forget him, my heart just can't..."
"Move on."
"I've said it right? Didn't you hear it? I said, I JUST CAN'T!"
"Alright." he pouted, take another sip, then continued. "Are you mad, now?" He grinned.
She looked at him. "Stop that! I'm gonna wipe that smile off your face!" 
He laughed sheepishly. "Really? How?"
She just smiled at his cuteness. While he is busy for another sip, she found herself looking at him and thinking, What's with you, Siwon-ah? What's all these things?
Siwon caught her eyes and she immediately pretended looking at some things near him. "Ya! Ya! What's with that look?" he teased.
"What look?"
"You're looking at me, aren't you?"
"No! Why would I even look at you?! I'm looking at—" her eyes looked at every direction like a lost child. "The pot!"
He turned his head to see what she is talking about and smirked. "Lame."
Her eyes grew big. "Not my fault you have a lame pot."
"Lame excuse."
"What?!"
"You were clearly looking at me."
She rolled her eyes. "When will you stop?"
"Of course when you finally admit you were looking at me!" he saw her derped in annoyance. "Ya! What's wrong with that? I know I'm one handsome guy, so it can't be avoided." he stated.
She looked at him in disbelief as she hit him in the arms. "Babo!"
He chuckled, saying, "Christians don't lie."
They continued talking about some other things while enjoying the view of the green bed of grass, the beauty of flowers, the drizzle's every drop on a leaf, the atmosphere of the gentle and misty rain with the brewed tea laid before them. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
note: don't you think it's a LAME chapter? HAHA ! Sorry for the person not being Kyu ~ You just have to wait for that ^o^ Thank you ~