Chapter 22

Strength in Weakness, Truth in Lies

"So..." Sungmin sat next to Sooyoung who is having her brewed coffee. "Sooyoung-ssi, I don't see you with Siwon-ssi these days."
"Oh!" she gasped, stirring the coffee with a spoon, absentmidedly. "...and you won't see us together again!"
He flashed a playful smile. "Lovers' quarrel?"
She shot him a glare. "We're not even lovers..."
"But you wish you were?" he teased.
"Don't start it with me, Sungmin-ssi..."
He tapped his hands against the table, saying "Then it's just quarrel?"
She derped. "Misunderstanding...but you could say that."
Sungmin's face dropped. "Why? I love seeing you together! What happened?"
"Long story..." she sighed.
Smiling he said, "I'm willing to listen."
"Ugh!" she gasped, as the hot coffee spilled in her hands. Kyuhyun immediately entered the scene, wiping the coffee off. "Are you alright?"
She flashes a smile in response, uttering "Ne...Thanks, by the way."
Unknown to them, Siwon has arrived and is walking towards them when his eyes caught Kyuhyun's hand on Sooyoung's, gazing at each other's eyes. He stopped from walking and stared at the two ''lovebirds'' for a moment. He doesn't ought to feel that way but there's a hint of jealousy filling his heart.
He cleared his throat. "Annyeong haseyo, Gunwu-ssi!" He purposedly greeted one of their baristas to catch their attention.
The three of them shifted their eyes to Siwon, with Gunwu looking confused as to why he's the one he greeted. "Ah? Ah.. ne, annyeong haseyo, Siwon-ssi!"
"Siwon-ssi!" Sungmin smiled while Siwon sat beside him, looking at Kyuhyun and Sooyoung. "Glad that you're here! We have so many things to talk about!" Sungmin said, sarcastically, glancing at Sooyoung who quickly removed her hands from Kyuhyun's.
"Ah..." Sooyoung stood up, taking a glance at her wristwatch. "Ah! Ne! I completely forgot! I have some staff meeting now!"
"It's a Sunday." Siwon muttered, looking away.
Sungmin chuckled. "Sooyoung-ssi... don't go. This is going to be fun!"
She glared at him. "Ya! Sungmin-ssi! Stop those thoughts... Don't you dare!"
Kyuhyun smiled, pulling her hand to sit beside him. Just by looking at how he pulled her, Siwon could feel jealousy rushing all over again, so he just took a deep breath.
"Eh..." Sooyoung could feel her heart beat fast. She swear this would be a nightmare.
"So... Siwon-ssi, I don't see you with Sooyoung-ssi nowadays?" Sungmin repeated his question, looking at Siwon who is looking at Sooyoung, who is avoiding his eyes and Kyuhyun whose eyes kept shifting from Siwon to Sooyoung.
"Well... err... you see..." Siwon stuttered. "We just had... err... you see..."
Sungmin looked at him with confused and suspicious eyes. "You know what, Siwon-ssi? I clearly DON'T SEE what you're talking about."
"Err... we were..."
Sungmin nodded, "Yes, you were... What?"
Siwon took the cup of coffee on the table and quickly gulped it down. "It was hot." he stated with a straight face.
Sooyoung couldn't help but chuckle, though laugh would be more appropriate. Kyuhyun hurriedly excused himself, saying he needs to go to the university to 'fix' something.
"Ah... I'll come with you! I'll help you!" Sooyoung stopped him, as she held Kyuhyun's hands with her eyes screaming 'Please get me out of here!'
Kyuhyun smiled. "C'mon!"
She immediately stood up with happiness. Siwon chuckled like he would get his revenge one day, "What's with the holding hands thing? Seriously...." he whispered to himself.
"Ya! If you want to hold Sooyoung-ssi's hands, do it!" Sungmin, hearing him complain, said.
He glared at him. "What are you talking about?"
Sooyoung cleared . "We'll go first." She said, as she followed Kyuhyun out.
Siwon's jaw dropped as he eyed the two going out the place, smiling and still holding each other's hands. "Seriously..." he said, annoyed and jealous.
"I'm sensing some love triangle here..." Sungmin said to himself.
Siwon ignored him, pointing the entrance to the café, he complained "Hyung! Did you just see that?!"
"Yes. In fact, I see how jealous you are now!" He flashed a Tororo smile.
"I'm not..."
"I heard they're dating..." Sungmin tried to pull a trick.
"WHAT?!?!!" Siwon exploded. "What are you talking about?! Who's dating?"
"Kyuhyun-ssi and Sooyoung-ssi..."
"That can't be!" Siwon defended, remembering what happened between him and Sooyoung a week ago— the argument. She still loves him. "Could it be...?" Siwon shook his head, as if to wake himself up to reality. "No... No!"
Sungmin burst out laughing. "Siwon-ssi!"
"Ne?"
"Admit it! You're jealous!" Sungmin teased, still laughing.
Siwon stopped himself from remembering their argument and looked at Sungmin. "What was that, Hyung? It was a joke?!"
"So... you're jealouos?"
He took a deep breath. "Alright. I am..." He paused. "But do you know what's going on between them?"
Sungmin shrugged his shoulders. "No idea... But maybe they are... y'know.. sort of dating... It's just that there's seem to be a spark between them, don't you think?"
Siwon decided to stood up. He's heard enough. Sungmin's jokes were not even funny, at least to him. He started walking out of the place when Sungmin yelled, "Ya! Siwon-ssi! I'm just kidding! She looks best with you! She's yours!" which made him smile.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

I must be bad
I really can't face you
Although I understand your pain
Why am I being like this?
I know that every day you want to be better
But my heart become more tired
If we stay together,
Maybe both of us will be hurt

I'm silently screaming
I laugh without notice
Behind you I just try to control myself
Not to find you anymore
But I still cannot abandon you
You're really beautiful
I love you already
Asking you to forget me is just a lie, just a lie
In fact it's just a lie
Please don't leave me
Come back, come back
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0g8q6dnDmGo

 

Siwon's voice was both powerful and emotional, singing the song in the cafe with his eyes locked up to Sooyoung's who can't help it but look at him in confusion. The girls inside we're already charmed by his appearance and voice and is wondering to whom he is singing the song for. 
Siwon-ah... Am I being selfish by wanting to love you? I want to love you... Really I do. Is it okay if I do? Sooyoung thought to herself, while in the verge of pain and love, drowning in Siwon's eyes.
The moment he finished the song, she stood up to find her way out. She felt like she couldn't take to see him any longer. Siwon had caught her, holding her wrist , he muttered "Sooyoung-ah..."
She let go of his hands and stared at his eyes for a moment, only to utter an awkward  "You have a good voice. Nice song..."
He smiled. "That's for..."
"Err..." Sooyoung stopped him, scratching her head. "I have to go now, it's late..." She walked towards her car, leaving Siwon AGAIN alone without even bidding goodbye.
He chuckled. "Nappeun yeoja..."
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

언젠가서야 만났으면, 제발 가지마... 떠나지마, 보리지마~~
머물어 부탁해 ...
수영.수영.수영. 수...시원아~~ 
(Someday when I finally met you, please don't go... don't leave me, don't abandon me~~
Stay with me, please ...
Sooyoung.Sooyoung.Sooyoung. Soo...Siwon-ah~~)
Siwon kept the note he found on the cafe, slipped in between the notes about time-ins and time-outs. "I won't..." he said to himself.
He just went home and is still looking at that note when Seohyun approached him. "Oppa!"
"Eung? Ne? Seohyun-ah... wae?"
"How was your application in Japan?" she sat down at the couch, turning the TV on.
"Ah... They'll just call me." He smiled, sitting next to her. Seohyun looked at the somewhat crazy man with a wondering look. "What up?" She peeped on the small yellow paper he's holding and managed to grab it. "Ya! Give it to me!"
She smiled, sticking out her toungue and teasing him while they run around the house as he chase her. She read it aloud, "Someday... when I finally met you, please don't go!" She looked teasingly at Siwon, before continuing "Don't leave me! Don't abandon me... Stay with me please... Soo... Sooyoung eonni?"
She stopped as Siwon hurriedly took the paper out of her hand. "Eonni? What's with eonni?"
"Nothing..."
"Oppa! I saw your name! I saw it! I knew it! You..." she smiled. "You're completely falling for her!" She jumped up and down in excitement.
"No... This is just some note she left at the cafe, maybe? Or a note she dropped somewhere and someone managed to keep it?" he guessed, but he didn't really care why her note was slipped in between the binders.
"Then why do you have it? Why does your name comes with it?" her voice was suspicious.
"I have no idea..." he smiled, patting the young girl's head before heading out to his room.
"You've got to talk to her, oppa! Been weeks!" She yelled back.
I wish she'd talk to me... he frowned, pacing the room.