Chapter 10

Strength in Weakness, Truth in Lies

"What an unusual silence—" Siwon said, stretching his arms.
She stared at him, light flames on her eyes. "You better go home." She then turned off the TV.
He turned his head to her. "What?"
"I said go home." she stood up and quickly went inside her room, closing the door with a deep 'bang!'
He sighed, whispering "What's with you?" All of a sudden, he noticed a small notebook with a pen, slipped inside. The notebook just brings curiousity to him. It looks like some journal, probably a three or two year old notebook and not too small. He opened it and found clients' details and numbers on the first pages, smirking, he said "Work, again? What do I expect from you Choi Sooyoung?" And then he looked at it's rear end and saw something, it reads:

I remained silent, answering him with a stare. He said I have nothing good to say... That my thoughts are being irrational, illogical, unthinkable, nonsensical.
I spoke my mind and let the anger inside of me flow down. Still, he said I'm being too defensive, too rad, too blunt. That I should've just shut my mouth up.
I laughed.

He looked at Sooyoung's room with worried eyes. Then he glanced at the note his holding for the second time.

Professor Cho
Professor Cho
Professor Cho 

"Professor Cho?" he tried to remember something. "Cho...? Cho—" he paused for a moment and took a deep breath. "Cho Kyuhyun?" He shook his head then he tried to remember how Kyuhyun and Sooyoung interacted with each other. "It can't be..."
He stood up and let out a deep, muffled breath. Putting his hand on his forehead, he said "Choi Sooyoung, I want to know you more. Let's be friends, okay?"

Sooyoung heard him but ignore it. She yelled, "Go home punk! Have yourself a good rest, don't forget the papers!"
He just stared at the door, smiling. "Babo! I wasn't talking to you!"
"Really?" She closed her eyes. "Who is the other Choi Sooyoung you know? I heard you!"
"Alright. I was referring to you, but I'm talking to myself." Getting his coat, he walked towards her room's door. "Sooyoung-ah, I'm leaving."
"That's what I'm trying to tell you this whole time. Go home."
"By any chance, are you..." he hesitated.
"I'm not. Go home."
"I'll call you." he smiled.
"Don't forget you owe me one. I had you regain consciousness from being drunk, punk!"
"I know. I'll pay you. I'll leave now."
"Ya! You keep saying that, just leave! I have to rest."
He walked away from the door and made his way out of her place. He looked at his wristwatch, 1:30am. He recalled the writings Sooyoung had in her little notebook. "Choi Sooyoung, is it Cho Kyuhyun?" He remembers the way he looks and smiles at her, those things looks something was once 'there'. He remembers her stares, how she treated Kyuhyun when she went to the university, the way she treated him the first time they had business meeting on a café. He nodded, "He said 'former student'. I want to find things out."

As soon as Sooyoung heard him went away, she opened her eyes. "Choi Siwon, what are you doing?" There's something within me that makes me want to rely on you. "Siwon-ah, stop that!"

From: Professor Cho
Sooyoung-ssi, can I have an appointment with you today? Alone. Just you and me~

"Kyuhyun-ah, still awake?" she asked herself. "Why all of a sudden ask me?" She shook her head and yelled at herself. "Choi Sooyoung-ah! You can't bring back the past, no matter how long you hold onto it! It's dead."