Chapter 14

Strength in Weakness, Truth in Lies

Siwon broke the awkward silence. He stood up and quickly wore a smile on his face. "Oh! Mr. Cho! Annyeong haseyo!" he greeted, signaling him to sit beside him, to which he refused. "Thanks, but no. I'm on my way to something."
"Ahh..."
Sooyoung stood up and tried to shook Kyuhyun's hand. "Annyeong haseyo, Mr. Cho! Take a seat." She humbly offered. What am I trying to say? Sooyoung! He said he's on his way to something, didn't you heard that, just now?! Babo!
"Are you two..." Kyuhyun gulped down, stuttering. "By any chance...dating?"
"NO!" They both exclaimed.
Siwon looked at the brunette before shifting his eyes to Kyuhyun. "We just had breakfast because—" he chuckled as Sooyoung hit his arms. "Ya! That's third for this day! What's with you, babo?!"
"I tried to cook for her, professor, but no luck! This brunette even yelled at me!" Siwon continued, laughing. Sooyoung looking at him like Kyuhyun is not there. "Ya!"
"Cook for her?" Kyuhyun sounded serious. "It's really early in the morning... when did you got into her apartment?"
"I stayed there..."
"Stayed there for the night?!" the young professor, looked utterly shocked.
Siwon nodded, clueless. Sooyoung glared at Siwon, trying to silence him with a pinch on his arms.
Kyuhyun cleared his throat. "You two seems really close." He sarcastically said, looking at Sooyoung. "...you just met each other, right Ms. Choi?"
She gulped down, nodding. "He stayed because of business."
"Business for one whole night?"
Cho Kyuhyun-ah! Stop with those thoughts! "Yes... with his cousin."
Siwon looked dismayed. "Why, professor? You seemed upset, as to why I stayed for the whole night..."
"I'm just curious." Kyuhyun smiled. "After all she's our business partner."
"So? If she's our busines partner you have to interfere with her personal life?" Siwon tried to question him.
Kyuhyun eyed at him. "Why are you being so defensive, all of a sudden, Mr. Choi?"
"I'm not." He reasoned. "I'm just asking."
"Oh? Is that so? Because it looks like you're starting an argument."
Siwon turned his head to the side, with a sarcastic smile. "Do you want it? You know, Mr. Cho, I don't want to act like this but you're letting me."
Sooyoung continued looking at them as they argued. Siwon continued, "What do you want to know, Mr. Cho? What? About what happened last night?"
Kyuhyun tapped the coffee cup with his fingers. "Business hours late at night? I mean who would actually believe that, Mr. Choi?"
Siwon sighed and displayed a very calm face. "What exactly do you want to hear?"

The tall brunette stood up, clearing . Siwon looked at her with an uncertain look, his eyes were like that of a child. "Eh?"
"Siwon, I think we shoud go." Sooyoung looked coldly at Kyuhyun.
"Ah..." Siwon knew that look from Sooyoung's eyes. He feels as if she wants to hold him once more, so, he grabbed her by the wrist, leaving a startled Kyuhyun behind.
Kyuhyun just stood there. His eyes were covered with jealousy and is feeling frustrated, as she saw the tall man dragging Sooyoung away from the place.
She could feel the tears as it fills her eyes, one blink and it will fall. "What was that?"
"You were clearly looking like a kitten asking for some love, there!"
She glared at him, anger is dwelling up inside her. "What?!"
Siwon turned his head up to look at the early morning sky, before giving out an intensified breath. "Choi Sooyoung, wake up!"
The tears fell down as she blinked. She feels depressed because the memory of their breakup lingers the longest in her heart. She hates the fact that she still loves him up to now. She hates him. But she wanted to hold him, still.
Siwon handed her a handkerchief, which she refused. She quickly wiped away her tears with her hands. She turned away from him, clenching her fist. "Siwon-ah..."
Siwon looked stunned. Why is she calling him out of affection now? "Yes, Sooyoung-ssi?"
"How did you find out?"
"Found out...what?"
She stopped from walking. Her eyes turning in his direction, she said, "About us."
The confused young man scratched his head, not knowing what to say. "Err... I... ahh..."
She turned around to face him. "Hyoyeon?"
He nodded. "...and the notes."
She chuckled sarcastically. "You read it?"
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to—"
Sooyoung cut him with a friendly hug, whispering "Siwon-ah..." He slowly scratched her back as a sign of reassurance. "Sooyoung-ssi..."
"Siwon-ah... Do me a favor."
"Eung?"
She closed her eyes, tears were flooding again. "Don't make me feel like I can rely on you. Don't."
Siwon didn't answer. He couldn't answer her. What's that supposed to mean? "Don't be like that."
The brunette let go and looked him in the eyes. She shook her head. "Babo..." was all the woman can utter.
He tried hard to smile. I'll prove you wrong, Sooyoung-ah... I'll prove you that I'm worth keeping for. I'll prove that I can be your greatest companion, we'll walk together in this life.