Chapter 12

Strength in Weakness, Truth in Lies

"Eung?" Sooyoung turned her head as someone knocked from behind. "Who could this be?" She stood up weakly. She barely couldn't walk and tended to stumble easily. Her eyes were dazed and unsteady, she opened the door; and without even looking, she greeted "Annyeong haseyo!"
"Soo?" Hyoyeon looked at her, surprised. "What happened to you?"
Sooyoung just smiled at her. "Hyoyeon-ah..." she called, stumbling down the floor.
"Sooyoung-ah!" Hyoyeon held her, as Sooyoung lied on the floor unconscious. She turned her head outisde, trying to find Siwon, "Oppa!"
Siwon looked at the direction of the voice and immediately ran to it. "What happened?!" he asked, confused and surprised. He looked at Sooyoung, worried. Hold on. Be still. His worried thoughts about her kept lingering, as he soon carried Sooyoung to her room, leaving Hyoyeon to clean and discard the bottles Sooyoung just used.
He laid her on bed. He just stood there, looking at Sooyoung who's sleeping, he started to talk to her. "Sooyoung-ah... You liar. You said you don't do stupid things like that." he smirked. "I know. I understand you... You've had such a hard time living your life." he frowned, then continued, "Rely on me. You don't need to act strong all the time, baboya. I know how tired you are, please bear it. Hold on. I'm here for you, and I promise you I'll never leave you. I'll be your friend till the end. Sooyoung-ah... don't be like this, eh? You've had too much pain, let me release it for you. You just gonna trust me on this." he turned his head down then patted her head. "Baboya..." he chuckled then headed out of her room and closed the door.
He saw Hyoyeon who is almost finished cleaning the kitchen. "I didn't know she could drink that much."
Hyoyeon, wiping the table, answered. "Yeah... The last time she got drunk was when Kyuhyun left her."
He just nodded then started helping Hyoyeon. "I didn't expect him to be a jerk."
"He left her for her friend..."
"Friend?"
She nodded, pausing from what she is doing. "To make it more traumatic, yes."
"How did—"
"She found out?" she chuckled. "She saw them."
He looked surprised. "What?!"
"Yes. She did." Smiling, she started washing the dishes. "It's funny how she blurt things out when she's drunk, eh?"
"...she keeps a journal, right?"
"Eung." She patted her hands with the towel hanged on the fridge's handle, making her way through the living, he continued following her. "Which is good."
Siwon didn't say another word, the moment was flooded with silence for awhile. He walked to and fro, thinking about Sooyoung. Hyoyeon, suddely interrupted him. "Oppa?"
"Eung?" he nodded, without even looking at her.
"How's your relationship with Fany?"
The time slowed down when Siwon heard 'Fany's' name being mentioned by his cousin. "Ah...She...She's going to America."
"And left you?"
He strongly shook his head. "No. No...she said there's something she needs to do there."
"Then, what is it that she needs to do there?" Hyoyeon started questioning him.
"Help her parents... She didn't said exactly what—" he sighed. "She'll go back for me. I'll wait for her."
Hyoyeon hesitantly nodded. Are you sure, oppa? When will she come back? You sure you have the nerves to wait for her? Hyoyeon coughed, clearing ."Eh... is Soo sleeping already?"
He looked at her, chuckling. "Obviously." He looked straight at Sooyoung's door. "She sleeps after being drunk?"
"Not all the time... If she has some company with her, she'll just go blurt every thing she wanted to."
He warmly smiled. "She's a bit mysterious... But now, that you're here and blurted everything out..." they both laughed as Siwon continued. "It'll be more easy for me to befriend her."
Hyoyeon's face was priceless after she heard him wanting to befriend her. "Oppa? Are you sure?"
He nodded to which Hyoyeon continued. "Alright, let's do that. Let's ease her pain, eh?"
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sooyoung heard the alarm clock ringing; her hand fishing its way out of the blanket, turned it off. She stared at nowhere for a moment, trying to remember what happened last night. But she simply couldn't. The last thing she remembers was talking with Siwon on the phone.
The young woman slowly arise from her bed. Having her hands on her forehead, she started tracing circles, massaging it. She then walked towards the bathroom inside her room and brushed her teeth. Looking at the mirror, she quickly splashed water on her face, shaking her head as if to relieve her senses. Then she patted it gently with a towel, mumbling "Did he—". She looked confused, turning her head to the side and her eyes downwards, trying to remember something.
She walked out of her room, stretching her arms and her body. She felt her heart jumped when someone greeted, "Good Morning, Ms. Choi!" from the kitchen.
"Aaah!" she creamed, grasping for something she could throw to that person's face. Without even knowing, she walked towards the kitchen taking light footsteps. "Who are you?!"
She looked around. There were vegetables laid on the table, there's also a fish and a knife, a chopping board, condiments—every thing that is needed for cooking. Seeing a boiling pot, hearing the running water, she thought, What is happening?
Suddenly, an image of a young man dressed with an apron appeared right in front of her eyes. The young fellow slowly turned his head to look at her, saying "Babo! It's just me." he derped.
Sooyoung nearly died. Phew. You're dead, Choi Siwon! "Ya! You scared the hell out of me!" she hit his arms.
"What was that for?!"
"I nearly died!" her eyes grew big. Turning to the fridge, she grabbed a bottle of water and gulped it down. "Why are you here? I didn't hire you as my helper, did I?"
He laughed. "Even if you offer me that job in exchange for a higher income, I wouldn't." She just glared at him as he continued. "Why? Is it so wrong for me to cook for our breakfast?"
Both surprised and confused, she asked. "OUR breakfast? Since when did you live here, Mr.?"
He just smiled continuing what he's doing. Putting the bottle down, she yelled at him. "Ya! I'm asking you!"
"Remember, you said I owe you the last time I was drunk... You even cook hangover soup for me."
"Eh?" she walked towards the boiling pot, peeking at what he is cooking. "Pollock stew?"
He nodded. Sooyoung sat next to Siwon who is standing beside her, laying her elbows on the table with her head rested on it. "You sure you know how to cook?"
"I don't know."
She chuckled sarcastically. "You don't know?"
"Ya! You should be grateful, I'm cooking for the first time you know."
"Did I ask you to cook for me?" she argued, narrowing her eyes on him.
He patted her head, smiling at her before putting the mushrooms he just cut into the casserole. "How are you? How are you feeling today?" He touched her forehead to which he gasped, "You're sick!"
"No, I'm not." she said with her voice fainting as she coughed. "I'm alright. Just go cook. It better be good."
"Aissi... this girl!" he looked at her with worried eyes. "You're a liar."
"I'm sorry, what?"
"Babo! You said you don't do drinking... or something stupid."
"Is drinking stupid?"
Siwon was shocked at Sooyoung's transition of mood. He remembered her saying that she doesn't do any 'stupid' things even if someone breaks her heart, the other night. And now, she's arguing with him, insisting that what she did isn't anything 'stupid'. "Wow! What was that, Sooyoung-ah?"
"Don't call me that."
"Eh? Don't call you what?"
"Sooyoung-ah..." she looked at him. "You can call me anything you wanted to, just don't call me Sooyoung-ah."
It must have something to do about your past, eung? Babo! Stop living on your past... He grabbed her chin and looked through her eyes."Alright, baboya."