First Words

Life Under a Bridge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunbi’s eyes slowly opened to reveal someone hunched over her with a worried look. ‘Where am I? Am I dead? Is this what heaven is like? In a beautiful girl’s arms, I could get used to this’ she thought and chuckled to herself. Curious about the girl who was holding her, her gaze started to wander up. First her lips, then her nose, then she took note of the big eyes the were boring holes into her, and then a littler bit further…

 

“Forehead” she whispered to herself.

 

The girl she was resting on immediately shot up, turned red, and smoothed down her bangs, and ran off.

 

“Well that was weird.” Eunbi said to herself while propping up onto her elbow. She tried to stand but a sharp pain shot up from her leg causing her to tumble back down. “I thought there was no pain in heaven! Isn’t that the point??”

 

“Heaven? What are you talking about? You’re a long ways from there.” Eunbi turned her head to a tall girl laughing followed by three other people, including the girl she was resting on earlier.

 

“Well if it’s not heaven, where am I? Hell??” Eunbi gasped covering , “I don’t think I’ve done anything bad, why would I be in Hell?” While rocking back and forth, she kept muttering these things to herself.

 

“Umm… hate to break it to you, but you’re not in Hell either,” the tall girl said causing Eunbi to stop and look at her with a face full of questions. “You should know more than anyone why you’re here, I mean you were the one who jumped here after all…” With this the group of four stood around her looked up towards the bridge then back at her, worryingly.

 

Eunbi looked up, though it was still dark, the obvious shape of a bridge emerged. “You mean, I didn’t die...?” She asked hesitantly.

 

“No, of course not! If you did, then does that mean we’re dead too?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter