Morning Plans and Christmas Conversations

Life Under a Bridge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunbi groggily woke up. She took her time opening her eyes and sitting up. After rubbing them a bit, she then turned to look towards Yerin’s side, still half-eyed. Eunbi eyes shot open.

 

Yerin was awake, staring at Eunbi with wide eyes. “Ummm… good morning? What are you doing? And please blink.” Eunbi said. Yerin blinked a few times. Without taking her eyes off Eunbi, she grabbed her white board and started to write.

 

I’m making sure you don’t run away again. So I’m not letting you out of my sight.

 

Yerin pointed from her eyes towards Eunbi’s then back to her own. “I’m not going to run away again, so can you stop staring at me like that? It’s kinda freaking me out...” Eunbi said while grimacing. Yerin closed her eyes some after hearing that.

 

Okay. But you still have to stick by my side. And just know that I have my eye on you.

 

She motioned from her eyes to Eunbi’s again after writing that. Eunbi laughed some. “Okay, okay, I’ll stick to you like glue then.” Yerin gave a big smile after she heard that. Yerin laid her head on Eunbi’s lap. Eunbi started to absent-mindedly play with Yerin’s bangs. “So what’s the plan for today?” She asked, still running her fingers through the girl’s hair. Yerin started to write on her board again, still lying down.

 

We don’t have so many plans during the winter. Maybe we could go ice skating or something?

 

Eunbi hummed a response to that. “I’ve never been ice skating before…” Yerin jumped up when she heard that, while Eunbi sat back, startled by the sudden movement.

 

              Let’s go ice skating then!! I’ll teach her how to!

 

Eunbi smiled at that. ‘I can finally hang out with Yerin!’ She mentally cheered.

 

              And we can invite the others!

 

‘Oooof course, I should’ve known…’ Eunbi frowned a bit. Yerin caught onto Eunbi’s change of mood and started to write again.

 

              You don’t want the others to join…?

 

Eunbi mentally scolded herself before speaking. “No, no! It’s okay, we can invite them! I’m sure it’ll be fun hanging out with the whole group!” Eunbi gave a pathetic cheer after saying that. Yerin blinked a few times without a hint of an expression. She then slowly started to smirk before writing again.

 

Don’t be jealous, Eunbi, I’ll pay attention to you the most. Remember, you’re supposed to stick to me like glue. ;)

 

“W-what?? Pshhh! I’m not jealous!!” Eunbi quickly turned her head away, feeling a blush start to grow. Eunbi could hear Yerin quietly laugh to herself. Eunbi slowly turned back to Yerin, giving the girl a glare. Her eyes moved back down to the board and softened.

 

Really, Eunbi, I’ve missed you. I’m going to spend as much time as I can with you. Even if there are other people, I will focus on you.

 

Eunbi couldn’t help but blush again when she read that. “O-okay… Let’s go get the others then…” Yerin smiled again and dragged Eunbi out of bed with her. Eunbi let go of Yerin’s hand and went to her duffle bag. “I’m going to get changed now. Since I now know I have to specifically say it, don’t look.” Eunbi squinted her eyes while saying that, making Yerin roll hers. They both laughed while Yerin turned around to cover her eyes.

 

Eunbi quickly got dressed to avoid being cold and hurriedly alerted Yerin that she was done. Yerin wrote for Eunbi to turn around as well while she changed. Eunbi knew Yerin finished when she felt a hug from behind. Eunbi held onto Yerin’s hands, and the two walked like that out of Yerin’s place. 

 

It was still early so the only sound that could be heard where two pairs of boots walking over a dusting of snow that had fallen the previous night. ‘How can they survive like this?? It’s too cold!!’ Eunbi mentally yelled while rubbing Yerin’s hands, hoping it would keep the both of them warm. ‘I’m going to have to buy them a space heater or something!! Especially whenever I stay with Yerin.’

 

Yerin let go of Eunbi’s back and ran to the front of the girl, before Eunbi could feel a hint of disappointment. Yerin started to walk backwards, facing Eunbi while writing on the while board that hung around her neck.

 

              Eunbi! Are you excited for Christmas??

 

Yerin had a huge smile on her face when she showed the board to Eunbi. Eunbi thought about how to reply. “Um… Truthfully no? I find it a pain to be honest.” Eunbi crossed her arms after sayi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter