Broken Hearted

Life Under a Bridge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yerin and Eunbi arrived at Yerin’s place. Still hand in hand, the two walked inside. Eunbi put her duffle bag down. “Okay, I’m going to change now.” She then glared at the girl and made a point to say, “And no looking!” Yerin just laughed at that and turned around, taking her usual pose of covering her eyes.

 

‘She seems to listen when I tell her at least…’ Eunbi thought while she took her pajamas out. She made sure she brought one of her nicer sets, especially since it’s winter now and there’s no way Yerin’s place had heating. Taking off her jacket, she realized just how cold it was. ‘How can they live like this every winter??’ Eunbi quickly changed so that she wouldn’t stay cold for long.

 

Eunbi looked and saw that Yerin was still facing away from her. ‘Well it’s cold after all….’ Eunbi thought while carefully walking over to Yerin. To not startle the girl, she slowly hugged Yerin from behind. Yerin slightly gasped in surprise, but then leaned into Eunbi’s embrace. Eunbi then rested her head on the girl’s shoulder. Yerin slightly leaned her head on Eunbi’s.

 

“You should get changed too.” Eunbi whispered into the girl’s ear, making the latter jump. Yerin shot a hand onto her ear and giggled. She turned around to see Eunbi smiling and lightly hit the girl. Eunbi couldn’t help but laugh at how cute the girl was. Yerin pointed for Eunbi to turn around. Eunbi made a point to copy Yerin by pacing both of her hands over her eyes before facing the other direction.

 

Yerin smiled at the sight, she then also turned around so that she could change. Yerin rushed over to Eunbi when she finished, and tapped the girl’s hands to signal that she had done so. Eunbi lowered her hands and smiled at the girl. Yerin made a pose to showcase her own pajamas. Eunbi’s eyes slowly made their way down Yerin’s body.

 

She then shot her eyes back up to meet Yerin’s. “Did you gain weight?” Eunbi asked. Eunbi noticed that the girl did look a bit… rounded. Yerin’s mouth dropped when she heard that, and started to blush. She hit Eunbi again, this time not playfully, before rushing to grab her white board.

 

              NO!! I’m just wearing extra layers! -__-

 

‘I can’t believe she even drew that emoji…’

 

“Ohhhh so that’s how you stay warm in the winter? I was wondering about that…” Eunbi said. Yerin nodded before writing again.

 

Yes. I’m not good with the cold so I have to wear more layers than the others.

 

Eunbi thought about that for a bit. “Does Yuju-ssi have heating at her place?”

 

Yes, and she said we are all welcome to stay with her, but we don’t want to impose to we never do.

 

Before Eunbi could comment that what Yerin had written was stupid, Yerin quickly wrote something else.

 

              But that’s okay, because this time I have you to keep me warm ;)

 

‘Why does she always use a winky face in these types of situations??’ Eunbi thought while blushing. Yerin laughed at the girl’s reaction and grabbed her by the hand to pull her to bed.

 

The two got settled but neither seemed ready to sleep. Yerin snuggled close to Eunbi and wrapped the girl in a hug. Eunbi tried to remain calm by staring at the ceiling. Eunbi started to think about Yuju and Yerin again. She really didn’t want it to bother her, but it was stuck in her head she’d start to dwell on it. ‘I should just ask her about it, so I can stop thinking about it once and for all.’

 

Eunbi sat up and looked over at Yerin. Yerin in turn also sat up and grabbed her white board.

 

              Is something wrong, Eunbi?

 

Eunbi shook her head. “I-I was just wondering if I could ask you something…” Eunbi had trouble making eye contact when she said that.

 

              Of course! What would you like to ask me?

 

Yerin rested a hand on Eunbi’s thigh to try and comfort the girl. Eunbi took a deep breath before speaking. “Are you and Yuju… really not dating…? It seemed kinda like-“ Eunbi was cut off by Yerin placing a finger over the girl’s mouth before she wrote her response.

 

              Yuju and I don’t have that kind of relationship. I see her just as a friend.

 

Eunbi smiled when she read that, and Yerin returned her look with a confused one.

 

              Was that all you wanted to ask me?

 

Eunbi felt embarrassed and just nodded. She was over the moon that there was nothing between her and Yuju. All those smirks Yuju gave her meant nothing. ‘Maybe I have a chance after all!’ Eunbi felt alive. The butterflies she had felt before returned, making her feel lighter then ever. She was sure she could float away at any moment.

 

You shouldn’t worry about something like that! I have no plans to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter