+1 and The Last Day

Life Under a Bridge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Sha~ la~ la~la~la~*

 

Yesterday Eunbi woke up to the sounds of birds singing, but this time it was to the sound of a person singing. Eunbi looked to her right and saw that Yerin was still hugging her and hadn’t woken up yet.

 

‘Who on earth could be singing this early??’ Eunbi didn’t recognize the voice but decided to ignore it. Eunbi turned back to Yerin and patted her head with a smile. At her touch, Yerin started to hug Eunbi even tighter. ‘MY HEART!’ Eunbi squealed in her head.

 

To her annoyance, the sound of the singing from outside started to grow louder, as if it was coming closer. Eunbi grew slightly worried by the unknown voice. She could see the shape of a figure form on the doorway drape.

 

Before Eunbi could wake up Yerin to alert her, the unknown figure flung the drape to side and jumped inside yelling. “Good morning, Yerin!! I’ve missed you!! I’ve brought your favorite flowers!” Yerin was still asleep and Eunbi just sat up and stared at the girl who hadn’t noticed her yet.

 

The unknown figure looked over to the bed and saw Eunbi staring back at her while Yerin, who was still sleeping, clinging to Eunbi by her waist. The stranger dropped the flowers from her hand and screamed. “Who are you!!?? What are you doing with my girlfriend??!!”

 

‘Girlfriend??’

 

“Oh sorry, I didn’t know she was your girlfriend, I was about to leave anyways…” Eunbi didn’t know why but she felt like her heart could give up on her at any moment. Eunbi tried standing, but Yerin’s grip was too strong. ‘How can she still be asleep in a situation like this?? Why do I have to get yelled at by her girlfriend?? This is all her fault to begin with!’

 

The unknown girl started to look annoyed at Eunbi for taking her time. She went over to Eunbi who in turn was trying to, unsuccessfully, remove Yerin from her waist. She grabbed onto Eunbi’s arm and started to pull her out of the bed.

 

“You should be moving faster!”

 

“Okay, okay, I’m trying to! OW! Can you not pull me like that?? It hurts!” Hearing Eunbi express her pain, Yerin immediately woke up and slapped the girl’s hand, making her let go of Eunbi. Yerin pulled Eunbi back to her and glared at the intruder.

 

Seemingly unfazed by the look, the girl spoke again. “Good morning, Yerin! Sorry for waking my little angel~ I was just trying to remove this girl from your bed. You can go back to sleep, she won’t bother you anymore!” The girl was about to put her hands on Eunbi again but was slapped away by Yerin once more. The girl then expressed a confused look.

 

‘UGH! Why do I have to be in the middle of this lover’s quarrel?? This is so awkward!!’

 

“It’s okay, Unnie, I was planning on leaving anyways so I can just leave now.” Eunbi tried to stand up but was pulled by Yerin. She didn’t protest anymore when she read what Yerin wrote.

 

Eunbi, sit. And Yuju, what did I tell you about waking me up in the morning?

 

Even though it was just from writing, Eunbi could tell Yerin wasn’t happy.

 

“You told me not to…” The girl, now known as Yuju, hung her head. “But I was just so excited to see you!! I couldn’t help it!” She finished saying while making her hands form a heart, and winked at Yerin.

 

Yerin rolled her eyes and Eunbi tried not to gag. Yerin then sternly pointed to Yuju and then to the door. “Okay! I’ll leave now~! I’ll wait for you outside until you’re ready to come out!” Yuju said while walking towards the door. Then she turned to Eunbi and flatly said while exiting, “And you, whoever you are, your time is up, you have to leave.”

 

When Yuju was gone, Yerin sighed and rubbed her temples.

 

‘So this is Yuju then? I guess not just her name seems familiar, her face also looks vaguely familiar… but where?’ Eunbi turned to Yerin.

 

“Sorry for still being here, I’ll leave now so you can spend time with your girlfriend.” Eunbi tried to get up but once again was pulled down. She was met with a confused look, but then a look that turned into annoyance.

 

Are you referring to Yuju? She’s not my girlfriend; she’s the only one who thinks we’re in a relationship together. She doesn’t listen to me and always does these kinds of things.

 

Eunbi was immediately elated when she read the Yuju wasn’t Yerin’s girlfriend. But she thought that she really should leave soon. With a slight smile, Eunbi spoke again. “Unnie, I really should get going soon, I’m sorry…” Yerin just nodded, and let Eunbi go.

 

Eunbi went to grab her original clothes that Yerin had folded and put in a corner. Eunbi smiled to herself and faced the other girl. “I’m going to change now.” She said and turned around again to change.

 

When she finished changing, she turned around expecting to see Yerin with her hands covering her eyes, but instead Yerin was staring at her wide-eyed and with an open mouth.

 

‘Wait a second…

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter