Becoming Friends

Life Under a Bridge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunbi jumped up to her feet, startling Umji. “Oh my god, I’m so sorry! I didn’t offer for you to wash up or anything! You can take a shower, and I’ll prepare some clothes for you.”

 

“Ah, thank you… Truthfully I do feel kinda gross in these clothes right now so I’d appreciate that.” Umji said while standing up.

 

Leading Umji to the bathroom and showing her where everything was, Eunbi apologized again. “I’m really sorry for this… I’m not used to having guests over…” Eunbi awkwardly laughed. “But I’ll make it up to you! While you wash up I’ll order us some food!”

 

“Oh! You really don’t have to! I don’t want to impose any further-“ But before Umji could finish what she was saying, Eunbi cut her off.

 

“Don’t be ridiculous! Plus I was planning on ordering food anyways so it’s fine.”

 

Umji smiled. She could sense Eunbi was a good person, just awkward around people. “Well, thank you then.” It was Eunbi’s turn to smile then. Giving Umji some privacy, Eunbi left to go order some food, and wait for the other girl to finish.

 

The food arrived around the same time as Umji finished. Leaving the bathroom in the clothes Eunbi let her borrow, she made her way back into the area she was in before.

 

Eunbi got herself and Umji some water and placed the food on the table between them. They sat on the floor, as Eunbi didn’t have a real dining table or chairs. “You can eat as much as you’d like! I made sure to order extra. It must’ve been a long time since you’ve ordered food, right?” Eunbi said while grabbing a piece of pizza.

 

Umji crossed her legs, made herself comfortable, and took some food. “Actually it wasn’t that long ago we ordered food.”

 

“Wait, what..? How??”

 

“Yuju-unnie has a phone at her house so we order food from time to time. We just prefer cooking ourselves usually.” Umji laughed at Eunbi’s expression. “What’s with the face?”

 

Eunbi regained her composure. “What about a hot shower, it must’ve been a long time since that then?”

 

“Actually… Yuju-unnie has a shower as well that we occasionally use…” Eunbi was in disbelief.

 

‘Seriously, how can someone have all those thing without the proper permits??’

 

Eunbi cut off her thoughts with another question. “If Yuju-ssi has so many nice things, why doesn’t everyone just live with her?”

 

Umji took a bite, reminding Eunbi to eat as well, before she answered. “Well she’d like Yerin-unnie to move in with her but Yerin-unnie doesn’t want to. And the rest of us prefer our own places.” Eunbi just nodded her head.

 

‘Somehow I feel relived Yerin doesn’t want to stay with Yuju…’

 

After they both finished eating and Eunbi put the leftovers away, she spoke again. “So, you’re staying the night right? I’ll go set a futon for you.”

 

Eunbi was so happy she could finally put to use that futon she bought. She had originally bought it when she first moved out into the countryside. Though she was forced to, she was secretly excited to go to school. She thought that she’d finally be able to make friends and not constantly be under the watch of her parents. But the fact that the futon was never used, signified how her initial hopes did not come true. Umji would be the first person to use it.

 

Clearly noting how happy Eunbi looked made her not try to refuse the offer, instead she just thanking her host. Umji really did want to know more about the girl. She wanted to find out more about Eunbi not just for herself and her quest to make a new friend, but for Yerin as well. She knew Yerin wanted to find out more about the girl as much as Umji did, if not more.

 

Eunbi returned and was welcomed by a smile. Giddy, Eunbi asked, “So what would you like to do now? We can talk some more, or eat some more, or play some games, or go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter