New Message

Life Under a Bridge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Starting tomorrow evening, you will be working on a new advertisement.

Both pictorial and commercial. You will be picked up at 4pm.

 

 

Understood.

 

Eunbi sighed after reading the message. ‘Fantastic, I will be busy right before Christmas…. Wait, I should ask him.’ Eunbi took a deep breath before sending another message.

 

Sorry to bother you, but I was wondering if this

job will finish in time for Christmas or not.

 

Eunbi had never asked her father a question like that. She slowly exhaled. She had no idea how long he would take to reply, or if he even would. She couldn’t help but stare at her phone, hoping it would make her phone light up, indicating a response. Her actions weren’t unnoticed though.

 

“Ah, ah, ah, no texting at the table.” Sowon reached across the table and grabbed Eunbi’s phone out of her hand. Eunbi was stunned in place.

 

“Yeah! If I’m not allowed to have my phone at the table then you shouldn’t be either! You’re not the only famous person here you know, just tell your manager or whomever to wait until we finish.” Yuju joined in, rolling her eyes.

 

Just then, her phone lit up, meaning her father had replied. Eunbi abruptly stood to her feet and shot out her hand. “Give it to me. Now.” The air immediately thickened. Eunbi’s harsh tone sounded rough to everyone’s ears.

 

Sowon spoke again, in a more trembled voice this time. “Now, now, I’m sure it can wait. If Yuju can-”

 

Eunbi cut her off. “I said- give it to me. I mean it, if you don’t you’ll regret it.” Time was passing, and Eunbi knew, the longer it took her to reply, the angrier her father would get. Only once in her life she failed to reply quickly, as she was taking a test at the time, and found out the hard way what happens if she doesn’t reply quickly. Needless to say, after that time, she always replied immediately, fearing the chance of receiving punishment once again.

 

“Hey.” Umji whispered, pulling on Eunbi’s sleeve. She didn’t want the situation to escalate anymore. But it seemed it was too late.

 

Sowon stiffened at Eunbi’s words. “Are you threatening me?” Sowon held the phone above her head even higher out of Eunbi’s reach.

 

Eunbi shook Umji off and walked close to Sowon. “It’s no threat, it’s a promise.” She said through gritted teeth. Sowon was taken aback by the look in Eunbi’s eyes. It seemed that she was not bluffing.

 

“W-well if you want your phone so bad, go get it.” Sowon said while tossing Eunbi’s phone across the room. The sound of the phone hitting the ground carried across the silent room.

 

Eunbi didn’t waste any time to retrieve her phone. She ran to it and picked it up. By some miracle it didn’t break. She then quickly unlocked it and read her father’s message before replying.

 

You will not go to the Christmas party this year.

It is scheduled for you to work until the day after Christmas.

It is potentially possible to finish early,

but regardless, you will not attend the party.

 

 

I understand. Thank you for your response.

 

‘I bet he thinks I’m asking because I want to go to the party. What an idiot, but it works out in my favor I guess.’ Eunbi thought while laughing to herself. Regaining herself, she then recalled what had just happened with Sowon. Eunbi took another careful look at her phone, making sure nothing hap happened to it. ‘If this broke… I don’t even want to think about what would’ve happened to me.’

 

Eunbi turned around. Ever

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter