Going to Class

Life Under a Bridge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Umji awoke to the sound of Eunbi going through her closet and pulling clothes out. Eunbi was going through different items, holding them up, and mumbling to herself. Umji was a bit confused about what was happening so she asked. “Umm... Eunbi? What are you doing…?

 

Startled, Eunbi jumped a bit but then turned to Umji with a smile. “Moring! Since I want you to have the full college student experience, I figured I pick some clothes out for you to wear.” Turning back to the clothes, she continued speaking, “But I can’t decide on anything…” She finished with a frown.

 

Umji laughed a bit. “Anything is fine, really, you don’t have to worry so much. You’re already doing so much for me so I really appreciate it.”

 

Eunbi turned to Umji again and smiled. Putting the clothes down, she went back to her bed and sat on the edge. “Umji, since we’re friends now, I want you to experience this to the fullest. So, go over to that closest and pick out what you’d like to wear. Nothing is off-limits.”

 

Umji shivered a bit. Though Eunbi was smiling, it was one of those stern smiles that meant they mean business. Umji just silently nodded. “Okay, great then! I’m going to shower and get ready. You can change in here.” Eunbi got up and picked up the clothes she had picked out for herself, and then left.

 

While making her way to the bathroom, Eunbi thought, ‘Who knew having a friend would be so much work… but it’s not a bad kind of work, it’s fun.’  Eunbi took her shower and then got ready. She always used special products for her skin, she was in the modeling business after all, but she didn’t like going over board. She preferred the natural look. After drying her hair and styling it in a low pony tail, she got dressed and headed back to her room.

 

Eunbi knocked on the door and waited for Umji to tell her it was okay for her to come in. When Umji did, she opened the door. Eunbi complemented the outfit Umji chose. It matched the girl perfectly; it was both cute and stylish. It made Umji definitely look the part of a student.

 

“I like what you chose! It’s better than anything I could’ve picked for you!” Eunbi laughed. “What would you like to do with you hair and makeup?”

 

Umji knew better to refuse by now so to save any unnecessary trouble, she just replied, “Anything that you’d think look best I’d be fine with.” Hearing that, Eunbi just sternly nodded, already deep in thought. Deciding on what to do, she gathered some things and told Umji to sit on her bed with her.

 

Eunbi sat across from her and got started. She first straightened the other girl’s hair, and then like her own, she decided to just apply natural styled makeup. Satisfied with how it turned out, Eunbi led Umji to her wall mirror.

 

Umji gasped and studied herself while turning around a little bit. Umji then turned around and hugged Eunbi. “Thank you! I never expected I’d be able to look like this!”

Eunbi briefly hugged her back and then let go.

 

“We should get going soon, we still have to get you supplies and pick up something for breakfast.” Umji was excited, she hurriedly put on the shoes she picked out and waited for Eunbi by the door. Eunbi prepared her own things, and went out the door with Umji.

 

The two stopped at a café on the way to school to grab some coffee and some pastries. Eunbi could tell Umji was trying to stay calm and act natural, but going to so many of these new places, and the fact that Umji’s dream was basically coming true, made it hard to do so.

 

They then walked to campus and stopped at the bookstore. Eunbi and Umji were happy picking out different school supplies. As people walked by and saw the two together, the whispering started again. Eunbi was used to it so she paid no mind, but Umji wasn’t.

 

“Eunbi, why are people whispering about us…?” Umji started to worry the whispers were directed at her. She started to think that she didn’t belong there and that it’d be better if she just returned to her home by the bridge.

 

Eunbi could tell by the face Umji was making, the kind of thoughts the other girl was having. “Don’t worry, they aren’t directed at you. This happens to me all the time. This is probably the first time they’ve seen me talk to someone so it’s probably just about that.” Eunbi tried to reassure Umji by patting her on her shoulder.

 

‘Really? Patting her on her shoulder? So awkward…’ Eunbi mentally face palmed herself.

 

Umji didn’t know Eunbi well, and she didn’t know what her life was like, but like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter