One More Night

Life Under a Bridge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Sorry for interrupting.”

 

Both Yerin and Eunbi looked up to see three girls standing over them. Eunha was the one who spoke with a smirk while Sowon was covering Umji’s eyes.

 

Still on the ground and on top of each other, they both turned to the other and blushed at the situation they were in.

 

Yerin awkwardly got off Eunbi, and helped the other girl to her feet. Now standing side by side, they looked everywhere but each other.

 

Umji forcibly removed Sowon’s hands that were covering her eyes. “I’m not a child, Unnie.” Then turning to the still awkward pair, she spoke again. “Anyways, we just came to tell you guys that dinner was almost ready so if you’d like to join us you can. But there’s no rush so when you’re ready you can just meet us at the same place we ate this morning.” Umji smiled after finishing.

 

‘Thank you, Umji for not making things worse!!!’ Eunbi mentally thanked the soft-spoken angel. But she got a bad feeling when she saw the other two.

 

Eunha and Sowon were now exchanging glances and smirking.

 

“Sure, Umji, but before that-” Sowon started saying with a big smile.

 

“You guys seemed awfully close just then. Want to share anything?” Eunha finished saying with an equally sized smile on her face and an eyebrow quirked.

 

‘Ugh these two again.’ Eunbi just glared at them making their already big smiles grow even larger.

 

“Now, now, you two can’t be slacking on your jobs. We have to go back and check on the food.” Umji said while dragging the now protesting duo.

 

“But the food is almost done! There’s nothing left to do!” Sowon complained.

 

“Yeah!! Plus I want to tease them more!” Eunha said while struggling to break free from the younger girl.

 

Ignoring the two grown babies, Umji turned back to Yerin and Eunbi again. “Sorry for bothering you two. We’ll head back first.” She bowed and then continued back to the dining area, still dragging the two objecting girls.

 

Yerin and Eunbi just stared at the trio moving away from them until they could no longer hear the complaints. When it was silent again Yerin was the first to turn to Eunbi and laugh. Eunbi met her gaze and laughed along with the girl, dissipating any hint of previous awkwardness.

 

Yerin picked up her pad again.

 

Do you really have to leave now? Is it impossible for you to stay at least one more night?

 

Yerin’s expression was like she was pleading her to stay, at least for a bit more.

 

‘I guess one more night won’t kill me.’

 

“I… wouldn’t say it’s impossible…” Yerin’s look instantly brightened upon hearing that, which made Eunbi feel even worst about trying to leave like she did earlier. “I can stay the night.” Eunbi finished what she was saying and turned away in embarrassment.

 

Eunbi could feel Yerin’s presence become close to her again. Yerin placed her hands on Eunbi’s face and slowly turned it to meet her own. The two just looked at each other, neither daring to break the stare. Yerin slowly started to lean into Eunbi.

 

‘Will this be my first kiss?? Well, first conscious kiss?? Oh my god, am I ready for this? I’ve never done this before? I don’t even know what to do!!’ Eunbi was mentally pancaking and squeezed her eyes shut waiting for the contact.

 

But the contact was not where she was expecting. Eunbi opened her eyes to see that Yerin’s were now closed. Yerin forehead was resting on Eunbi’s. Eunbi didn’t know if she should feel disappointed or not but her heart fluttered from the position they were in nonetheless.

 

It was no kiss, but Eunbi felt loved. She didn’t know if it was as a friend, a sister figure, or something else, but regardless, it was still love. Eunbi closed her eyes as well, trying to soak up as much of it as she could.

 

Eunbi was then the first to break away. “Let’s go to the others. I don’t know abou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter