Ice Skating Pt. 2

Life Under a Bridge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yerin spent the next 30 minutes teaching Eunbi how to ice skate. Starting with the basics, she learned how to stand still without falling, moving forward and back wards, and stopping. Eunbi was naturally a quick learner and got the hang of it soon after.

 

The two skated to Eunha and Sowon. “We’re ready now.” Eunbi told the pair. They smirked back at them.

 

“Okay! Since this is your fist time, we’ll make sure to go easy on you.” Eunha said with a smug look n her face.

 

Eunbi played along. “Oh, really? Thanks! We’ll go over to that side to start then.” Eunbi grabbed Yerin’s hand while they skated to their position. In front of their net, Eunbi turned to whisper to Yerin. “Okay, I’m thinking you should be the goalie.” Yerin gave her a confused look. “Yeah, I’m not the most skilled player yet, but I think it’ll catch them off guard. Plus, making sure they don't score is the most important thing and I trust you’ll be the better choice for that.”

 

Yerin nodded to Eunbi’s plan and gave the girl a high-five with a big smile across her face. She handed Eunbi one of the hockey sticks, and turned to face their opponents. Her friendly look changed immediately to a serious one. Eunbi knew she meant business.

 

Sowon skated to the middle and placed a puck before skating back to her side. “On the count of three, we’ll start!” Sowon yelled across to them. Both Yerin and Eunbi gave a thumbs-up to signal they understood.

 

Sowon began the count. As soon as she said three, Eunbi rushed to the puck, surprising Sowon, who had rushed towards it at the same time. Eunbi got to it first and with it, rushed to the net Eunha was guarding. She shot, but missed. “Sorry!” She said, retrieving the puck.

 

“How did you learn to skate like that in just 30 minutes?” Eunha asked when she returned.

 

“I’m a fast learner?” Eunbi shrugged.

 

“Fair enough.” Eunha replied with a laugh. She was about to say more when Sowon cut her off.

 

“HEY! No talking to the enemy!” Eunha put her hand up in defeat. Sowon continued to talk. “Let’s just put the puck back in the middle again and start from there.”

 

“Sounds good.” Eunbi said while skating back to place the puck, before returning to Yerin’s side.

 

            You were so close!! Nice job Eunbi!! :D

 

Eunbi reddened slightly. “Thank you… I won’t miss again!” Now more determined, she turned back to face Sowon and Eunha, ready to start again. Following Sowon’s count, the game began.

 

They weren’t surprised by Eunbi’s quick increase in skill this time, but it didn’t matter because she was fully used to skating now, and wanting to impress Yerin definitely helped. It was a fierce match. Eunbi would often be the fist to the puck, but Sowon would steal it soon after. Luckily every time she made a shot, Yerin would easily block it. She would then quickly pass it back to Eunbi, making her way towards Eunha. But Eunha was no pushover either; she would block Eunbi’s shots as well.

 

This continued. Occasionally someone would slip up, which allowed the other team to score. Time went on, and both teams were becoming tired. But both teams were having fun. They would’ve continued to play unless Umji hadn’t interrupted them.

 

“Guys, I know you’re having fun in all but you’ve been playing all morning and Yuju and I are hungry. She’s practically dying.” Umji motioned back at Yuju who was still skating but looked like she could collapse from hunger at any moment.

 

Sowon laughed. “Okay, we can finish here then. Let’s go to the dining hall to eat today. Yuju and Umji, you two can go ahead and start preparing the food.” Hearing that, Yuju quickly skated to her boots, changed, and ran off towards the dining hall.

 

“I guess I’ll follow her then.” Umji laughed. She then went up to Eunbi and whispered in her ear, “Sit next to me.” Eunbi nodded and waved as Umji went off to join Yuju.

 

The remaining four picked up everything and put them in the shed, before pulling the shed along with them to the riverbank. Eunha and Sowon ran off ahead, leaving Eunbi and Yerin to once again have time to themselves. Yerin took this time to start a conversation.

 

            Are you enjoying yourself?

 

Eunbi blinked a few times before r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter