The Start of Something

Life Under a Bridge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Good morning you two! How’d you sleep?” Sowon greeted them while wiggling her eyebrows, and looking at the two girl’s hands still clasped together.

 

“Fine.” Eunbi replied while looking away. She started to let go of Yerin’s hand, but before should could fully Yerin squeezed it once. After letting go, Yerin ran over to the makeshift gril Sowon was standing over.

 

Eunbi’s gaze followed the running girl who was now drooling while staring at the cooking fish.

 

“Good morning, Eunbi-ssi, would you like something to eat? You must be hungry.” Umji peaked out from behind Sowon. Almost as if answering the question, Eunbi’s stomach growled.

 

“Ah, morning, Umji-ssi, I didn’t see you there. And yeah, I’m a bit hungry now that you mention it,” Eunbi replied while sheepishly rubbing her stomach. “But wait, where did you guys get the fish… Don’t tell me, you sto—“

 

“No, we didn’t steal them if that what you’re about to say, Yerin caught them.” This time it was Euhna who spoke while helping Sowon with both grilling the fish and trying to stop Yerin from prematurely grabbing them.

 

“Huh, she didn’t mention that earlier…” Eunbi said more to herself than to anyone else.

 

“Well to be fair, she doesn’t say much to begin with,” Umji replied while laughing to herself. “But here you go Eunbi-ssi, we’re almost finished, you can take a seat anywhere you’d like.” Motioning to the circle of folded chairs.

 

“I’ve noticed… and thanks,” Eunbi mumbled while making her way, to the furthest chair of the group.

 

“FINISHED!” Sowon yelled right as Eunbi was about to sit down making her almost tip over. “It’s your lucky day, Eunbi! Yerin caught extra fish this morning to make sure you could have your fill!”

 

Eunbi looked over to Yerin. The girl in turn shyly nodded her head as if signalling what Sowon said was true. But shortly after, Yerin grabbed two of the fish by their skewers and ran over to Eunbi taking a seat next to her. Yerin inched her chair close enough to Eunbi so that the armrests could touch.

 

Yerin then stretched out her arm to give Eunbi a fish. “So… you caught this…?” Eunbi started while alternately staring at the fish and Yerin. Yerin nervously nodded her head to confirm. Eunbi hesitantly took the fish and focused her gaze onto it. She could feel Yerin staring at her. She assumed the girl wouldn’t stop until Eunbi started to eat.

 

Eunbi sighed and bit into the fish. Never in her life had she been in a situation like this. She’s only eaten well-prepared food up until this point, and frankly she never even considered eating fish in this sort of manner.

 

As she bit into it though, she was met with intense heat making her retract herself from the fish. Seeing this, Yerin looked at her with a worried look. Eunbi looked back at her and admitted, “Don’t worry, it’s not that it tastes bad, it’s just too hot to eat.”

 

“See, I told you, Yerin, they were too hot! You have to wait for them to cool off first!” Euhna chided while bringing her own fish and taking a seat across from Eunbi. Umji and Sowon followed her, each with a fish in hand, and took a seat.

 

Yerin pouted at that, and started blowing on Eunbi’s fish to try and cool it down faster for the girl.

 

‘Is she always like this? Does she have no sense of boundaries?’ Eunbi thought while stunned at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter