Ice Skating Pt. 1

Life Under a Bridge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Umji quickly ran out of her place, now dressed more appropriately with a jacket, hat, and mittens. “Okay! All ready. So we don’t have to keep walking back and forth, how about we split up and get the others? I can get Yuju-unnie while you two get Sowon-unnie and Eunha-unnie.” Umji said with a smile.

 

Eunbi and Yerin looked at each other and agreed with Umji’s plan with a nod. “Okay, that sounds good. Yerin-unnie and I will go get Sowon-unnie and Eunha-unnie then.” Yerin let of Eunbi so that she could write something.

 

            Once you get Yuju, let’s meet where we usually skate! 

 

Umji smiled. “Okay, unnie, will do! I’ll head off now then!” Before Umji could leave, she tilted her head at Eunbi and gave her a look. Eunbi knew what the girl was getting at and nodded, signaling her that she would talk to her later. Umji smiled once more at the both of them before leaving with a wave.

 

Eunbi then turned to Yerin. “Let’s go get the others then.” Yerin beamed at Eunbi and grabbed onto her arm again, leading the way to Sowon’s and Eunha’s place. The two walked in a comfortable silence until they reached their destination.

 

Yerin excitedly knocked on the door once they arrived, jumping with anticipation. Some shuffling behind the door could be heard. The door cracked open for a few seconds and then quickly slammed shut. Eunbi and Yerin gave each other a confused look before turning back towards the door. Yerin knocked again, this time more hesitantly.

 

“What’s the password?” A voice from the other side of the door could be heard. Eunbi knew it was Eunha.

 

“Just open the door!” Eunbi yelled while rolling her eyes.

 

“Sorry, no password, no access.” This time Eunbi could tell it was Sowon who spoke. She could also hear some giggling behind the door, making her even more annoyed.

 

            What should we do?? Do you know the password??

 

Yerin looked panicked. “Oh course I don’t know the password!” Eunbi said while glaring at the door. Yerin started to write some words that could be the password but Eunbi didn’t feel like playing their game so she went up to the door and harshly knocked on it.

 

“If you don’t open this door, I will have Umji come here herself and open it!!” Eunbi smirked when the giggling stopped. “I say that, but rather than worrying about Umji, you should worry about me.” Every word that Eunbi spoke grew harsher than the last.

 

There was some muffled panicking on the other side before the door burst open. “Eunbi!! It’s so nice to see you!! What can we do for you??” Sowon asked while her and Eunha tried to hug Eunbi. Eunbi glared back at the pair, making them flinch.

 

“Tell them Yerin-unnie.” Eunbi said without breaking eye contact. Yerin quickly started to write.

 

            We’re all going to go ice skating so we came to invite you! :)

 

“Ice skating…? Why didn’t you say so earlier!” Eunha said while awkwardly laughing. Eunbi crossed her arms and started to tap her foot. Eunha ran behind Sowon. “Okay, okay! We’ll get ready now!” Eunha said while quickly dragging Sowon, shutting their door behind them.

 

“You better hurry or we’ll leave without you!” Eunbi yelled after them. She then sighed and turned back to Yerin. Seeing Yerin’s concerned look, Eunbi sighed again. “How can people be so annoying? How can you deal with them all the time?” Yerin just laughed and rubbed Eunbi’s back, trying to calm the girl some.

 

Not long after, Sowon and Eunha ran outside. Not sparing them a second glance, Eunbi turned to Yerin. “Okay, let’s go. Lead the way.” Yerin nodded and smiled at the other two who still were trying to catch their breath, and started walking.

 

The four walked to the river. As the got closer, they could see Umji and Yuju waving at them. The two jogged up the to the group, meeting them as that got closer. “What took you guys so long?” Umji asked.

 

Eunbi side glanced at Sowon and Eunha who were twiddling their thumbs and whistling. “Don’t ask.” She then looked past Umji to the river. “Did you guys already set up everything?”

 

“Yup!” Umji replied with a big smile. “Let’s go!” Eunbi looked to the water. There were six pairs of skates lined up and a tiny shed in the middle of the river. Everyone started to walk towards the skates to put them on.

 

‘Is there a proper way to put these on…?’ Eunbi though while picking up a pair. Everyone else had already started to put their own skates on. Yuju finished first, then Yerin. One by one everyone left, except Eunbi who was still having trouble with hers. She didn’t even realize everyone had left her until Yerin skated back to Eunbi and tapped the girl on her shoulder.

 

            Is everything okay?

 

Yerin had a worried look on her face. ‘Sweet.’ Eunbi thought while smiling before shaking her head with a reply. “Yeah, everything is fine. I’m just having trouble putting these on, that’s all, I’ll meet you guys in a bit.” Eunbi was about to turn back to her skates when Yerin stopped her.

 

            I’ll do it for you!

 

And without a single protest, Yerin started to tightly lace the skates. Eunbi watched Yerin as she worked, marveling at girl. Eunbi looked at the girl’s eyes, her nose,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter