Normal Life

Life Under a Bridge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Reaching her apartment, Eunbi quickly ran up the stairs to the third floor, and punched in her code, opening the door. She the lights, took off her shoes, and hurried to her room.

 

On her bed was her phone next to the suicide note she had written. “Won’t be needing this anymore I guess…” Eunbi said while tearing up the piece of paper into pieces so small, there would be no chance anyone could read it. She went to the trashcan and threw them out.

 

She then cautiously went to her phone and turned it on. To her relief she had new no messages. She could have hardly imagined what her father would have done to her if she didn’t reply to him.

 

She was exhausted. Not just because she walked home, but because of everything that had happened to her the past two days. She wasn’t used to talking to people. And aside from that, she wasn’t used to feeling things. Thinking about everything that happened, her mind started to become hectic once again.

 

To try and calm her thoughts, she did what she usually did in situations like this. She slept.

 

By the time Eunbi woke up, it was already dark out. “Guess I won’t be going to school after all…” Groaning, Eunbi got up and went to the bathroom to take some medicine for the headache she now had.

 

After ordering some food and eating, Eunbi went to her desk to finish up some of the homework she left. She then then studied.

 

After finishing, Eunbi went to her bed and laid down, once again becoming lost in her thoughts. ‘So much happened while I was away, but now that I’m back it’s like nothing changed at all. I wonder what they’re doing right now…’

 

Eunbi her side and heard the crinkling of paper. ‘Yerin’s note!’ Quickly she dug into her pocket and started to read what the girl had written.

 

              ‘Dear Eunbi,

  Where are you when you’re reading this? Are you back at your place? I hope you arrived safely. Eunbi, I don’t think anyone can know the kind of trouble that goes on in your life. You are very strong for continuing to live. Eunbi, even though I haven’t known you long, you’ve become very important to me. I want nothing but the best for you, and for you to always be happy. You’re welcome to visit anytime; I will always be waiting for you. And remember, you promised, so that means you have to come back soon! ;)

-Yerin <3’

 

“Again with the winky face!” Eunbi joked to herself. She was trying hard not to let the letter get to her. She knew if she fell into the words Yerin had written for her, she might not be able to get back up. Eunbi knew she was falling for the girl, but right now she didn’t care.

 

She wanted to go back to the place by the bridge. She wanted to see the group of weirdos that took her in, and most of all, she wanted to see Yerin again. “Maybe, maybe she really can be my light.” Eunbi said to herself.

 

She decided that she would return to visit everyone once she finished some of her major tests and projects for her school.

 

Eunbi folded up the letter and placed it inside one of her desk drawers, along with the marble. She got ready for bed, and then went to sleep.

 

The next morning, Eunbi woke up to the sound of her alarm, got ready, and went to school. Her days resumed as normal. No one asked her about her absence. She resumed being the person everyone talked about, but never dared talk to.

 

‘This is definitely one thing I didn’t miss.’ Eunbi thought while she was eating her lunch in between classes. Feeling her phone vibrate, she quickly finished eating, and checked her phone to read the new message.

 

Father: You will be picked up at 4pm. Wait outside at the scheduled time.

 

Eunbi typed her reply.

 

Understood.

 

Sighing, she put her phone away and got ready for her next class. Doing the math, she figured she’d have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter