Second Parting and New Partner

Life Under a Bridge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Eunbi woke up, she was alone. Or at least that’s what she thought. As she sat up, looking about the room, trying to locate Yerin, the girl she was looking for walked through the door.

 

Seeing that Eunbi, was awake, Yerin’s eyes grew and a smile appeared upon her face. “Good morning, Yerin-unnie.” Eunbi said with a small smile of her own while trying to rub the tiredness from her eyes. As Yerin walked closer, Eunbi realized Yerin was holding something. With a nod towards the girl, Eunbi spoke again. “What’s that?” She asked.

 

Yerin hurriedly placed what she was holding onto the center table and quickly went to her bed, reaching across Eunbi to grab her white board.

 

Morning! <3 I got us some breakfast! Since you’re leaving, I wanted to spend some time together, just the two of us ;)

 

 

Eunbi face turned to a deep red upon reading that, she turned her head away, trying to hide her growing smile. ‘Just the two of us.’ Eunbi repeated to herself, making her smile grow even bigger. Just then, something crossed Eunbi’s mind. Clearing and regaining herself, she turned back to Yerin. 

 

“Do the others know I’m leaving?” Eunbi asked. Sure, she wasn’t as close with the rest, aside from Umji, but she still wanted to clear some things up before leaving. Especially when thinking about how awkward it could be when she returned for the Christmas party if they didn’t try to work things out beforehand.

 

Yerin looked away uneasily, and scratched the back of her head before writing a reply.

 

They know. I told them about the situation some. Don’t worry, I didn’t say anything too personal. Sowon feels really bad about what happened and the rest, aside from Umji, feel awkward about seeing you off.

 

After reading that, Eunbi fell back onto the bed with a loud groan. “I’d like to apologize to them, and make the situation right again. I don’t want them to feel uncomfortable when I return.” Eunbi then turned to face Yerin while still lying on the bed. “What should I do?”

 

Yerin was thrilled that Eunbi casually said, with her own words, that she would return. Grabbing her white board once more, she rushed to Eunbi’s side, and kneeled by the bed.

 

After we eat, while you get ready, I’ll go gather everyone! I’ll make sure you’ll be able to talk to them before you leave! >:)

 

Along with the written emoji, looking at Yerin’s face, Eunbi could tell that Yerin was eager to help, but Eunbi had her doubts about the others and frowned some. “But what if the others refuse?” At that, Yerin puffed out her chest, and pat it twice before making a determined pose, making Eunbi laugh. “Okay, okay, I trust that you’ll be able to get them. Plus, they can’t say ‘no’ to you, right?” Yerin also started to laugh, and flicked her hair over her shoulder with a smug look, trying to prove a point.

 

The two laughed a bit more, and then stared into each other’s eyes. ‘I’m going to miss her, but it’ll only be about a two weeks before I can see her again, it’s not too bad.’ Yerin gave Eunbi a confused look, since Eunbi hadn’t broken her eye contact with Yerin. ‘I definitely won’t miss Christmas.’

 

“Nothing.” Eunbi shook her head with a chuckle, replying to Yerin’s questioning look. “Let’s eat, I’m sure you’re hungry.” Yerin sheepishly nodded at that and helped Eunbi up before leading her to the table. 

 

The two sat side by side, slightly leaning on one another while eating. Both trying to “soak” up as much as they could of the other, before having to once again separate. When they finished eating, Yerin and Eunbi stood up. Yerin gathered the used dishes and placed them in the bag quickly, surprising Eunbi.

 

Let’s have a race, to see who could finish first- you getting ready, or me gathering everyone!

 

Eunbi scoffed to herself. ‘Is she serious? There’s no way she could win!’ But Eunbi wanted to pretend that the girl had a chance (and then after), so she agreed. “Okay, on my count, it’ll begin. You ready?” Yerin nodded at that, and took a running pose.

 

“Here, I go! 1…2….3!” As soon as Eunbi said ‘three’, Yerin dashed out the door with her white board around her neck, and the bag of dishes over her shoulder. Without looking back, Yerin left, leaving Eunbi alone with laughing at Yerin’s actions.

 

Eunbi looked around the room a bit, taking notice of what was hers and what was Yerin’s. “Better get started then.” Eunbi said to herself. Eunbi slowly went about picking up her things. Not because she was trying to stall for Yerin’s sake, but because she didn’t want to leave. With every item she picked up, more and more it set in how she wasn’t going to wake up next to Yerin for a while.

 

Just as Eunbi put her dirty clothes in her bag after she finished cleaning, and slung the bag over her shoulder, Yerin rushed back into the room, making Eunbi scream from surprise. Clearly out of breathe, Yerin ignored Eunbi’s scream and looked around the room. Finally looking at Eunbi, and seeing she changed her clothes, she frowned and adjusted her white board before writing.

 

            I guess I lost….

 

Eunbi laughed a bit at that. “Actually you came in just when I finished, so it’s a tie I think.” Yerin’s frown immediately turned into a bright smile. She grabbed onto Eunbi’s hands and started to swing them, clearly happy that she hadn’t lost.

 

‘She’s too cute for her own good.’ Eunbi thought to herself while Yerin was still swinging their arms. She quickly pulled Yerin into a tight hug, catching the other off guard. “Thank you, Yerin-unnie. I’ll miss you.” Yerin returned the hug. Not wanting to break away, Yerin wrote on Eunbi’s back with her finger.

 

‘I’ll miss you too, more than you’ll ever know.’ Eunbi thought out Yerin’s reply. The two started rocking back and forth in each other’s arms, neither wanting the other to let go. After a bit, Eunbi knew it was time for her to leave. She reluctantly pulled apart from Yerin. “Are the other’s outside?”

 

Yerin nodded. Yerin knew it was time for her to say goodbye. She let got of Eunbi’s hand and went to her shelf, pulling out a folded letter.

 

Don’t read this until you’re back at your place, okay? You have to promise!

 

Yerin faced Eunbi with a pout, earning a smile from the later. “I promise.” She said while holding

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter