Present

Life Under a Bridge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘Wait a second…’ Eunbi stopped the pair from continuing to sway. ‘Her present!! I should’ve given it to her sooner!! That would’ve made things so much easier!!’ Eunbi mentally scolded herself and broke away from Yerin. Yerin looked at Eunbi with an equally hurt and confused look.

 

“No, no! That’s not it! I just wanted to give you this….” Eunbi picked up the bag she had left and stretched her arm out, signaling Yerin to take it from her. When the bag was taken, Eunbi looked at the ground. “Umji said it would be a good idea to get you something….”

 

At the same time, Eunbi did and didn’t want to see Yerin’s reaction to her present. She was worried that the girl wouldn’t like it. Curiosity getting the best of her, she decided to peek up at Yerin, who was now opening the present she gave her. Eunbi held her breathe as Yerin peered inside the bag.

 

‘Okay, I can’t look after all!!’ Eunbi turned back around and covered her eyes. She could feel her heart pounding in her ears. ‘Please like it, please like it, please like it…’ Eunbi started to repeatedly chant in her head, hoping for some mystic reason, it would help make Yerin like the gift.

 

She was still chanting to herself when she felt a slight tap on her shoulder. Eunbi slowly turned around, her eyes widening. She smiled when she saw Yerin’s beautiful crescent eyes. Eunbi gathered her courage and decided to ask. “So… do you like it?”

 

Yerin quickly nodded her head, and spun around, showing it off. Eunbi beamed at the girl, happy that she enjoyed the gift so much. Yerin than walked to Eunbi and took her hand again.

 

‘Yay! Back to hand holding!’ But then Yerin started to write on her palms again. ‘Maybe not….’

 

Eunbi concentrated in what Yerin was trying to convey to her. After Yerin finished, she looked at Eunbi, who in turn had a look of disbelief and started to squint her eyes. “You’re asking me what the gift is?” Yerin nodded. “So you like the gift-“ Yerin nodded again. “-but you have no idea what it is…” Yerin nodded for a third time.

 

Eunbi ran her hands down her face. ‘I should’ve known this would happen….’ Eunbi sighed before speaking. “Would you like me to explain it to you?” Yerin started to nod her head so fast, Eunbi worried her neck would break. Eunbi quickly held the girl’s face to stop it from moving. “Okay, but no nodding.” Eunbi laughed to herself when she saw that Yerin tried her best to stop herself from nodding, following Eunbi’s last statement.

 

Eunbi started to speak again. “Okay… well I wanted to get you something useful. You always write on a pad of paper, right?” Eunbi waited for Yerin to answer her. ‘Oh right, I said no nodding.’

 

“Blink twice for yes, once for no.”

 

*blink blink*

 

Eunbi laughed. “Okay, well, I thought you must go through a lot of paper and ugh! It’d probably just be easier to show you.” Eunbi took her gift back and started to write on it.

 

              Hi, Yerin! :)

                             -Eunbi

 

Yerin gasped and took the marker back, and started to write as well.

 

What is this?? It’s amazing!! It looks so much better than writing on paper!! :D

 

Eunbi smiled that Yerin seemed to like her gift. She continued to explain it while Yerin kept writing random words down. “I got you a white board. I attached a strap to it so that it ‘s easier for you to carry and then I attached a marker to a string so that you wouldn’t have to worry about being without something to write with.”

 

              You made this??

 

Yerin wrote in the little free space that was left. “Yeah.” Eunbi laughed and pulled some items that were still at the bottom of the bag. “Here. You use these to refill up the marker once it dries out. It’s ecofriendly that way.” Eunbi winked which made Yerin giggle. Trying not to let how cute Yerin just was get to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter