An Unexpected Visitor

Life Under a Bridge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For a few weeks now, things kept like that. Eunbi would go straight from school to work for her family’s company, return home, stare at the stars, sleep, and then repeat everything the next day.

 

Eunbi realized she broke her promise to the people who lived under that bridge. She had valid reasons, but aside from that, she started to worry.

 

Every time she’d drive past the bridge to go into the city, and then when she would return, she’d always see glimpses of them playing. Sometimes there’d be the five members, and sometimes just four. Eunbi assumed it was Yuju that’d be missing due to work. But she noticed it’d always return to five again soon after.

 

Every time she drove by the river, she could tell that group of people were enjoying themselves. Of course Eunbi couldn’t know for sure, but they were always running and jumping around.

 

Sometimes she questioned if she should visit them or not. Occasionally she saw them doing questionable activates, but more often than not, she worried about if they even remembered her.

 

They seemed to be having so much fun without her that it made Eunbi think that it wouldn’t matter if she was there or not. Thoughts like this continued until she convinced herself. She decided she wasn’t going to return to the river.

 

Eunbi finally finished promoting the new product for her family’s company. Eunbi knew it wouldn’t be free for long, but she now had some time to herself. Laying on her bed she played with the marble Yerin gave her.

 

Laughing to herself, she said, “It’s a bit ridiculous I’m still holding onto this, especially when I said I wouldn’t go back.” But Eunbi couldn’t through it out now. Over the past few weeks, that marble provided her a new source of strength. She always kept it on her, and would roll it between her fingers if she ever got nervous or upset about something.

 

Sighing, Eunbi decided to get up and watch TV. It just started to rain outside so, even on the extremely off chance she wanted to go out and do something, she couldn’t. Eunbi frowned while thinking to herself. ‘I guess I won’t be able to look at the sky tonight.’

 

Every time Eunbi would look up at the stars, she would think Yerin. Though it was only for a short time, the girl really had an impact on her. Eunbi viewed the stars like she did Yerin. Like the stars, Yerin proved light into her dark life.

 

Eunbi wasn’t sure if Yerin could actually be her light, and especially now since she wasn’t planning to return, so she just settled for the stars. Stargazing gave her strength, and peace of mind.

 

Deep in thought, with the TV as background noise, Eunbi almost didn’t notice someone was knocking at her door. Checking her phone for the time, Eunbi slowly got up and went to the door. “Coming!” She yelled.

 

‘Who one earth could that be? I don’t know anyone plus this weather is horrible!’ Thinking that, her thoughts once again started to run wild. ‘Maybe it’s a trap. Always in movies it’s during this kind of weather people get abducted, no evidence can be left behind….’ Eunbi shivered at the thought.

 

Now a lot more cautious, Eunbi slowly unlocked her door and cracked it open to get a view of who it was. Hesitantly, she started to speak, “Hello..? Do you need something..?” She didn’t see who the person was right away. Eunbi cracked the door open bit by bit until

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter