Friday Classes

Life Under a Bridge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The two went back inside and started to get ready for bed. Eunbi told Umji she could take a bath if she wanted to. Agreeing to that suggestion, Umji got the pajamas and towel she used the previous night, and headed to the bathroom.

 

Once she heard the water running, Eunbi changed in her room and sat on her bed, waiting for Umji to finish. ‘How will I be able to get closer to Yerin? What will I have to do to find out more about the girl?’ Eunbi was once again lost in thought. It was only broken when she heard a few light knocks on the door.

 

Eunbi opened the door to Umji drying her hair. “Are you finished with the bathroom?” Eunbi asked.

 

“Yeah, I’m all done.” Umji replied. Eunbi nodded and grabbed her things so that she could get ready for bed herself. When she returned, Umji was already in her futon with the covers pulled up.

 

Eunbi turned off the lights and went to her own bed. As she was beginning to close her eyes to go to sleep, Umji spoke. “Eunbi?”

 

“Yes?” She answered with a yawn.

 

“I just wanted to say ‘thanks’ for today. Today was probably one of the best days of my life. Really, it meant so much to me, so thank you.” Umji said shyly.

 

Hearing what Umji said made Eunbi wake up. “You really don’t have to thank me like that! It was really no problem. Plus you put up with all the questions I had, so I should be the one thanking you.” She finished with a slight laugh. “Also we still have tomorrow, so you don’t have to thank me just yet.”

 

Umji smiled to herself at that thought, but then she remembered the other reason why she came to visit Eunbi in the first place. “Oh! I almost forgot!” Eunbi turned to look at Umji with a questioning look. “There was another reason why I came to your place, I mean aside from just checking up on you.”

 

“Another reason? What do you mean?” Eunbi was starting to get curious.

 

“Well the main reason I was sent here was to check up on you, but I’m also supposed to invite you to our Christmas party. Yerin-unnie was really insistent that you should be invited. She wanted to do it herself but you never showed up…”

 

“Yerin-unnie wanted me to be there…?” Eunbi asked.

 

“We all do, but Yerin-unnie mentioned you the most. Yerin-unnie was also the one who insisted I should check up on you. We all told her you were probably busy but she was still worried.” Umji laughed at the thought. “But anyways, this weekend we’re going to talk plans for the event! They want your opinions as well.”

 

‘Yerin thought about me and was worried abut me? Wait, a Christmas party...? Normally Father has something planned on that day with everyone from the company… Will I be able to make it?’

 

Noticing Eunbi’s pause, Umji spoke again. “If you have some kind of problem, we can bring that up at the meeting.” She finished with a smile.

 

“So… should I go back with you tomorrow then…?”

 

“Oh! That’d be good! Let’s plan that! On the way back though, we’ll have to stop by the market if that’s okay. Sowon-unnie and Eunha-unnie should be working tomorrow so we can all return together!” Umji liked idea she just had. She became a lot closer to Eunbi and started to feel like Eunbi could become a part of her makeshift family. Spending time together with everyone was important to her. She didn’t want to loose any of them, and that now included Eunbi.

 

 “Working? Oh, I think you told me about that before… I guess after classes then, we can both come back here, I can get some things, and then we can leave. How does that sound?”

 

“Sounds good!”

 

“Okay,” Eunbi laughed, “well, good night then!”

 

“Night!” With that they both closed their eyes and tried to sleep. It took all Eunbi’s might to not dwell on what Umji said. How Yerin specifically thought about her, how Yerin was the most worried about her, and how Yerin wanted her to join their Christmas celebration.

 

‘Wow… Why can’t I go to sleep without overthinking everything right beforehand?? Is that too much to ask? To just sleep??’ Eunbi squeez

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter