First Meeting

Life Under a Bridge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunbi’s face of confusion turned into disbelief. Who was this person telling her this? Never in her life has she heard those words before, well read, but that’s beside the point. With these thoughts Yerin turned back to her pad and quickly scribbled something else under the previous statement.

 

Please at least stay they night, you're not healed yet. I promise we won’t bother you.

 

‘A little too late for that,’ Eunbi thought to herself. But then at that moment, she looked into Yerin’s eyes. Eunbi was shocked at the worry and sincerity molded into the girl’s face. The sudden eye contact caused Yerin to jump and shift her gaze between Eunbi and the ground without loosing the feelings from before.

 

Eunbi couldn’t believe the situation she was now in, causing her to be at a loss for words. Not once in her life had someone cared for her. Trying to push down the pit in her stomach, as well as hide the growing blush that was spreading across her face, she quickly turned her head and placed a hand over her face.

 

“Well,” the small girl, whom Eunbi could recognize the voice of now, “I guess we’ll just take that as an agreement that you’ll be spending the night!” She finished saying while trying to swallow her laughter.

 

“W-wait, what??” Eunbi said removing her hand from her face while turning back to the group. As she was about to protest more, two sets of arms linked under hers to pull her up. “H-hey! Put me down! I never agreed to this!!” She screamed while looking back and forth between the tall girl and the small girl who were on either side of her.

 

“Too~bad~” the tall girl started.

 

“Yeah, guess you should’ve spoken sooner then~” the small girl continued with a smirk and a teasing voice. “But for real though, how much do you weight??” Hearing that, Eunbi turned to the small girl and smacked her upside the back of her head, causing both Yerin and the soft-spoken girl to laugh.

 

Eunbi turned to Yerin at the sound of her laugh. Yerin beamed back at Eunbi with a smile so big, it made her eyes turn into crescents. Feeling her face starting to heat up again, Eunbi quickly turned away.

 

“Unnie, you kind of deserved that you know,” the soft-spoken girl smiled.

 

“But, it’s true!!” the small girl complained again. Once again causing her to receive another smack from Eunbi. The smaller girl started to whine more so the soft-spoken girl came over and switched places with her.

 

“Here Unnie, I’ll take your spot.” The girl that now stood next to her smiled at Eunbi.

 

“Thanks, Umji! My arms were already starting to hurt! I don’t want to carry that whale anymore!” The small girl said while sticking her tongue out at Eunbi. Eunbi tried to kick the figure that was now running away.

 

Pain shot up through her leg, making her stumble a bit.

 

“Are you okay?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter