Sharing

Life Under a Bridge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The four casually chatted while Eunha and Sowon prepared dinner.  Eunha and Sowon were especially in a good mood after learning about Umji’s idea for the Christmas party. They were once again grilling fish and vegetables. “Oh!” Eunha exclaimed, making the other three turn to her. Eunha then looked at Eunbi. “I don’t think we have enough for everyone…. Yerin didn’t know you were coming today…”

 

Eunbi knew what the other girl was getting at, and seeing Umji’s and Sowon’s faces of embarrassment, Eunbi quickly spoke up. “It’s fine! Don’t worry! I’m really not hungry! What we ate earlier was enough for me. I don’t eat much usually anyways.” Eunbi finished with a laugh, reassuring the other three.

 

“Are you sure…? I’m sure we could split up the food some way or other!” Umji felt horrible about the situation they were now in, and Eunbi could tell.

 

“Umji, it’s really okay. I promise I’m not lying, I’m really not hungry.” Eunbi smiled, and the rest just sadly nodded. Eunbi tried to liven the mood again. “So, have you two come up with anything for the Christmas party?”

 

The two she was referring two immediately brightened and turned to one another. They then looked back at Eunbi. Sowon was the first to speak. “You bet!! This is one of our favorite events of the year! We figured we’d mostly just do what we did last year.”

 

“Last year…? What did you guys do last year?” The two then started to smirk again.

 

“It’s a secret.” Eunha winked. She then turned to look past Eunbi. “You were right Umji, here she comes.” Eunha started to laugh after saying that.

 

Both Umji and Eunbi turned to where Eunha had looked. There they saw Yerin, hurriedly walking towards them, with her nose in the air. Yuju was trying to keep up with the girl but was noticeably out of breath. Umji smiled. “See? I told you, she always knows when we’re about to eat.” Umji, Sowon, and Eunha started to laugh. Eunbi just smiled and looked back at Yerin.

 

Yerin noticed Eunbi was staring at her and waved while quickly heading in her direction. Yerin smiled in her usual way, making her eyes turn to crescents. Eunbi turned away, to try and hide her growing blush.

 

Yerin worried if she had done something wrong when she saw Eunbi turn away from her. She slowed down her pace, and slowly approached the other girl who was still turned away from her. When she got close enough, she slid her hand into Eunbi’s.

 

Eunbi hesitantly turned to meet Yerin’s piercing gaze. Yerin tilted her head in a questioning manner. Eunbi quickly looked away again. ‘How can she be so cute?? Now that I know me feelings towards her, it’s getting harder to look at her!! Ugh, come on Eunbi, get ahold of yourself!!’ Eunbi shook her head, trying to pull herself together.

 

She once again looked back at Yerin, this time with a smile. Eunbi squeezed the other girl’s hand, telling her that everything is fine. Yerin lit up after that and clung onto Eunbi’s arm, once again showing her biggest smile.

 

Just as Yuju arrived, the food was ready. “Great timing Yuju! We just finished cooking. Come grab a plate and get some food.” Yerin let go of Eunbi to get her food along with the others. Eunbi went to take a seat, and picked at the grass while waiting for the others.

 

Umji was the first to serve herself. She saw Eunbi by herself and hurried so that she could grab a seat next to the girl. Umji sat down with a smile. “You sure you’re not hungry?”

 

Eunbi laughed, “Yeah, I’m sure. No worries!” The two then started to talk while waiting for the others. Eunbi told Umji about her classes and what they’ve been going over. Umji attentively listened with a broad smile plastered on her face.

 

The rest got their food as well. Yerin saw Eunha try and grab the other seat next to Eunbi, but just as she was about to sit down, Yerin managed to get there first. Yerin stuck her tongue out while Eunha began to pout. Sowon patted the seat next to her and Umji, motioning for her to take it. Yuju grabbed the last spot, between Yerin and Sowon.

 

Eunbi wasn’t sure about what happened, but she was glad to be able to sit next to Yerin. Yerin was also seemingly glad because she made sure to take a moment and smile at Eunbi before starting to eat.

 

Yuju took Yerin’s attention by starting a conversation with a girl. ‘Don’t get jealous.’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter