Planning

Life Under a Bridge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunbi continued to look around in wonder. Lining Umji’s walls were shelves upon shelves filled with books, jam-packed to the brim. Stacks of books were scattered across the floor. Eunbi then turned to Umji. “How did you get all these books?? Have you read all of them??”

 

Umji also looked around for a bit before responding. “I usually pick them up when we pick up stuff by the river. And I haven’t read all of them yet, but most of them.” Eunbi walked over to one of the shelves, running her finger along the spines of the books.

 

“Some of these are difficult! Like graduate level. Are you able to read them fine?” Eunbi asked. Some of these books, even Eunbi would have difficulty with. She wondered how someone who hadn’t gone to school could read them. “Oh! I don’t mean to rude, I’m just curious…”

 

Umji laughed. “Some of them are difficult, but luckily one of the books I found was a dictionary.” Eunbi opened up one of the books; the pages were filled with notes and around the edges definitions were written. Eunbi put the book back and stared at Umji blankly.

 

‘It really is a shame she couldn’t have gone to school…’ As if Umji read the girl’s thoughts, she just shook her head and smiled.

 

“Let’s get back to the original reason why I dragged you here.”

 

“Oh right... I completely forgot! What did you want to talk about?” Umji motioned for the Eunbi to sit on her bed. Umji sat next to her.

 

“I know you like Yerin.” Eunbi started to blush. “But you shouldn’t hate Yuju because you’re jealous.” Eunbi was shocked.

 

“That’s not the only reason why I hate her! Sure I hate how she makes me jealous but I also don’t like her attitude… Constantly smirking, constantly trying to make it clear that Yerin-unnie is ‘hers’. That’s what makes me hate her!” Umji thought about what Eunbi had said. Before she had mentioned it, Umji didn’t realize Yuju was acting that way.

 

“Hmmm… you have a point… but Yerin-unnie cares about the both of you and I think she might be sad if she found out you hate Yuju-unnie.” Umji said thoughtfully, but she did think it’s not fair to Eunbi for Yuju to be acting that way. “But, if you hate her without Yerin-unnie finding out, then it’s fine.” Umji said with a smirk.

 

“Aren’t you also friends with Yuju-ssi? Should you be saying something like that…?” Umji just shrugged.

 

“Yeah I am, but she’s not by best friend, you are.” Umji smiled when she said that.

 

“UMJIIIII!!!! You’re the best!! I’m so happy we could become friends!!” Eunbi hugged the girl and fake cried, causing Umji to laugh.

 

“Okay, okay, I know I’m the best, but we really should start planning.” Eunbi pulled back.

 

“Planning?”

 

“Yeah, planning on how to get you together with Yerin-unnie.”

 

Eunbi blinked a few times when she heard that. “How…?”

 

“Well, we just have to try and make Yerin-unnie like you more. I think building up your relationship slowly is the best way to go about it. Yuju-unnie has known her longer so you are at a bit of a disadvantage….”

 

‘She’s right, Yuju knows so much more about Yerin than I do, even if it is just small things…. I practically know nothing about Yerin!!’ Eunbi started to frown.

 

“Don’t worry! I’m sure you’ll be able to catch up in no time!! We’ll just have to have you get to know her more! And also have you ‘appeal’ yourself to Yerin-unnie.” Umji patted Eunbi’s back, trying to reassure the girl.

 

“Yeah… I guess I shouldn’t get discouraged… wait… APPEAL?? In what sense?? Like being… s-s-y…?” Eunbi started to redden when she said that, and covered her face to hide her embarrassment.

 

“No.” Umji gave Eunbi an unamused look.

 

Eunbi removed her hands from her face. “Oh…”

 

Umji rubbed her temples and sighed. “I mean you should show off yourself some, like your talents, to make her start to actually fall for you. Do you have any skills or anything?”

 

“Really?? You think she’ll also start to like me back??” Umji shrugged at that. “But for skills…. I have… nothing…” Eunbi concluded after thinking a bit.

 

“Really nothing? The face of the nation has no skills?” Umji asked in disbelief.

 

“What do you want to do?? Just sit up on a stage and act like someone is taking my picture?? Or that I’m in a makeup commercial??” Umji imagined what Eunbi suggested and shivered from the thought. “Exactly, it’d be creepy, not to mention super embarrassing!!”

 

Umji lied down trying to think of something that Eunbi could do. Looking around her room for inspiration, an idea struck her. She shot up to her feet, startling Eunbi. “I have it!! We’ll have a talent show and you can show off your dancing!!” Umji was proud of her idea a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter