Treasure Hunting

Life Under a Bridge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So, Eunbi, what’s your story? No one tries jumping from a bridge without a reason. So what was yours?” Umji asked with an unwavering gaze.

 

‘Wow she really just cuts to the chase, doesn’t she? And I thought mine was bad!’ Eunbi was thinking how to reply. She started to sweat, and play with her fingers.

 

Eunbi noticed Yerin slowly move from Umji’s side to hers. It was obvious she did so, so that she could hear Eumbi better. ‘Wow, not subtle at all!’ she thought while side eyeing the girl. Yerin was looking at the clouds like they were the most interesting thing in the world, hoping not to be caught wanting to listen to the current conversation.  

 

“Well?” Umji asked her again.

 

Eunbi was about to speak, and opened but she was cut off.

 

“Oh, we’re here. Saved by the bell I guess.” Umji said while winking at the girl.

 

“Here?”

 

“Yeah, this is where we usually look around for things to salvage. If we find anything useful, we repurpose it. I’ll look this way, since Yerin-unnie knows what kind of things are the most useful, you can go with her.”

 

Eunbi glanced at Yerin. Yerin could hardly stand still because of her excitement; she beamed at Eunbi upon meeting eyes with the girl. Eunbi mentally gagged a bit. ‘Is she always like this? How can someone have so much energy??’

 

Eunbi thought that Yerin seemed nice, and sure, it was definitely not a drawback that she was cute, but boy did they have different personalities. If Eunbi smiled even just half as much as Yerin did in a single day, she was sure her face would hurt for a week.

 

As if Umji could read her thoughts she smirked and said, “Don’t worry, she may act like that but you’ll get used to her. But nonetheless, good luck!” Umji laughed upon saying that. “I’ll head off now, I’ll meet you back here in a few hours.” She finished saying while waving and walking away.

 

Eunbi started to limply wave as well but then it hit her.

 

“A FEW HOURS??” Eunbi yelled after the girl who was almost too far to hear her.

 

“THAT’S WHY I SAID GOOD LUCK!” the other girl yelled back.

 

Eunbi was dreading the day already. Eunbi was the kind of person who liked doing nothing. Lying on her bed, and blankly staring at her ceiling would be considered a good day for her. Eunbi had some interests, but for the most part she just liked to laze around while relaxing from her busy life.

 

Eunbi tuned to Yerin, and waited for the girl to give her instructions. Eunbi kicked the ground while the other girl started to hurriedly write on her pad of paper. ‘I don’t even live here, why do I have to do this??’

 

Eunbi felt a tap on her shoulder breaking her thoughts.

 

              You ready for some fun!? :D

 

Eunbi read that, looked at the girl who was, once again, clearly too excited, and stared at her blankly. Yerin quickly started to write again.

 

              It’ll be fun! I promise!

 

Eunbi audibly sighed, and slouched trying to prove her discontent

 

              :(

 

‘Really?? Just :( ??’

 

              :( :(

 

Eunbi had enough of the sad emojis drawn by a once again pouting girl who was now making sure to look as pathetic as humanly possible.

 

“Okay, okay, I’ll join you, just sto

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter