Colors

Life Under a Bridge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunbi walked around but couldn’t find anything of interest. All she got were bug bites, and scratches from the tall grass. She decided to head back to Yerin after arriving to the conclusion that this activity of theirs was in fact not fun.

 

Upon returning back to the bank, she arrived just as Yerin was exiting the water while carrying a bunch of seemingly junk like items in her hands.

 

‘That’s the kind of stuff they look for? Are they really that desperate?’

 

Yerin saw Eunbi heading her way and hurriedly set down her findings, and met the approaching girl, grabbed her hand, and brought her to the pile.

 

Yerin ran to her pad of paper and returned.

 

              I want to show you what I found!

 

Eunbi just nodded, and Yerin began explaining all the pieces she picked up. Crouched by the pile, Yerin picked up every item and wrote on the paper to explain what it would be used for or why she picked it up.

 

Some of what she found would be used for repairs, some could be repurposed, and some she just picked up because she thought they could be useful in the future or just cause she liked it.

 

As Yerin was going through her pile explaining things to Eunbi, Eunbi couldn’t help but stare. Not at what Yerin found, but at Yerin. With every item the girl picked up, her face would light up, her eyes would glisten, and she would produce the most beautiful smile Eunbi had ever seen.

 

The light that shown on Yerin, along with her hair still wet made Eunbi hold her breath at the sight in front of her. She previously thought the girl was cute but now, she thought she was stunning.

 

Caught in her daze, Eunbi didn’t realize Yerin placed something in her hand. Blinking a few times so that she could return her mind from the thoughts that had previously occupied it, Eunbi looked down at her hand.

 

In her palm was a multicolored, slightly chipped marble. Eunbi gave Yerin a questioning look after rolling it around her fingers a bit with confusion. Yerin replied by writing on her paper.

 

I found it at the bottom of the river. It reminded me of you so I grabbed it! What do you think?

 

Upon reading that, Eunbi looked at the marble again. ‘How could this remind her of me? What does that even mean?’ Her face started to scrunch up while trying to figure out the meaning behind it. Giving up she looked at Yerin again.

 

“Truthfully I have no idea what you mean by this…”

 

Yerin gave a look to Eunbi as if she was thinking about how to explain herself. Yerin then motioned for Eunbi to hold the marble up to her eye, and look through i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter