Chapter 29

Somehow

[Umji's pov]

We're currently in court. Soji is being charged. She still doesn't want to give up. "Witness did you or did you not see the victim in the car?" The victim nodded. "Where was she seated at?" The lawyer asked. "The driver seat." The victim said. I gripped onto my handbag tightly. It was obvious that the victim was payed to lie. Yemin can't drive.

Soji's lawyer called on for me. I sat down on the witness stand. I sat down wearing a black top and a red pencil skirt with a shiny red heel and caramel coat and white clutch. "What is your relationship with the defendant?" The lawyer asked. "We're sisters in laws, she's married to my brother." I said. "One day, she asked one of my workers at the construction to change the blueprint of a house. She even asked an assasain to kill my sister because she was afraid of being found." I said. "You have nk prove so don't blurt out nonsense." Soji stood up.

"Defendant you have to stay quiet until it's your turn." The judge said. "I found this at the school." I said and took out the necklace that I found in the school. The lawyer took the necklace and handed it to the justice team. The team took it and handed it to the judge. "I found this at the school. Your Honour, this is the CCTV footage I obtained from the school." I said and took out a thumbdrive. I was then returned to sit with the audience.

"Your Honour, I would like to have another witness who is not in the witness list to stand as a witness." The lawyer said.

[Yemin's pov]

I just arrived at the court. I ran all the way barefooted and recently just arrived at the court. I placed on my heels. I wore a platinium white turtle nsck and red short pencil skirt. I recently straightened my hair. I wore a white long coat and red heels. Suddenly, I felt someone grab me. "Isn't this our Yemin?" Im Shilu. "If Leader Kim was coming, I figured you would too! You didn't die?" He asked. "We can send my niece to jail and spend forever together." He hugged me. I pushed him away. "Don't even think about it. I must have did something wrong in my past life to meet such a man like you!" I said.

I turned to entered. He was on the floor and grabbed my leg. I almost fell. "Who do you think you're grabbing?" I heard Grandpa. "Grandpa!" I said and rushed to him. Shilu walked towards him and bowed. I entered the court room with Grandpa.

[Author's pov]

Yemin entered the court and Soji was shocked. Soji stood up. "No, no! Yemin has died!! She died!!" Soji screamed. "Where were you on the day of the accident?" The lawyer asked. "I was at the Korean Plaza." Yemin said. "I met with Kang Dalai. The woman who my then husband was meeting. We fought. My husband placed me in the passenger seat and then took a taxi to the church with Dalai to recite the wedding vows." Yemin said. "No, Your Honour. Why would you listen to a person who's mind isn't normal?" Soji said and glared at Yemin. "Yemin it wasn't me!" Soji screamed. Yemin stood up and showed a bag strap. It belonged to Soji.

"Then why would you need to throw away a perfectly good bag?" Yemin asked. The lawyer took the bag strap and the handbag that belonged to Soji and it perfectly matched. "No no!! YEMIN IS DEAD!" Soji screamed. "No, you harmed me. You knew that I know about what kind of crimes you did thus you harmed me so that your crimes wouldn't be exposed." Yemin said and ed her shirt a little to show the burned marks on her body. Soji screamed. "Everyone return to your seats!" The judge said. Everyone sat down.

Soji's lawyer then called for Shilu to enter.

[Shilu's pov]

I sat down arrogantly on the witness stand. "Which part of the car did you put your wife at?" The lawyer asked. "The front of the car." I said. "The driver's seat?" Lawyer asked. "No, the front passenger seat." I said. "Im Shilu." Soji glared at me. "I was also paid to keep mum about the word." I said. "Im Shilu, you ran away with money for your wife's treatment so you have no right to say such things about me." Soji said.

"Right. I ran away with money for my wife's treatment. I left her with debts and two children, I went for the rich thinking that my wife was an idiot. But it was better than you who married into the house shamelssly knowing that you killed Yemin." I said and looked at Soji. She was bursting with flames. I then turned to look at Yemin. "I was also asked by you to keep mum about this and leave Korea." I smiled. "I know I'm a jerk who deserves to die, I abandoned my wife and children when they needed me the most. But this is the first and last thing I can do for my wife." I said and look at the judge. "What are you doing Im Shilu?" Soji asked.

"I'm telling the truth, so that you and I can eat jail food together. How does that sound?" I smiled.

[Author's pov]

The judge hit his hammer three times. "This is the desicion of the board. Kim Soji will be sentenced to five years imprisonment for attempt of murder. Im Shilu will serve three years imprisonment in helping the defendant to escape the law." The judge said. Everyone then left the court room afterwards.

[Soji's pov]

I called my mum. "Mum, forget me and leave life with dad happily." I said. I could see her down the stairs near the streets. She turned around and saw me, my hands were tied with a towel. She burst into tears as the bodyguards around held her. I turned around as three female officers escorted me. I met with my Lawyer. "I decided not to fight anymore." I said. "Why? If we could find out that the brake was malfunction, you can shorten your sentence." The lawyer said. A drop of tear escaped my eyes. "No, it's getting a little boring. I just want to end this quickly." I said.

I saw Umji and qalked towards her after my lawyer left. "Umji, no Kim Yewon. I lost this battle proves that you won." I said. "Soji, let's meet again in our next lives as friends." She smiled and held my hand. I retreated my hand and entered the bus. I felt tears streaming down my face.

[Author's pov]

Shilu was also taken away by officers. He stopped infront of Yemin, Yugyeom and Grandpa Kim. "Yemin, I'll come back for you! Take care of our Youliang and Meiliang." He then was brought to the bus. Yugyeom met Soji's eye. Grandpa and Yemin left first. Yugyeom stood there looking at Soji for the last time..