Chapter 1

Somehow

[Umji's pov]

I was up since the 6am since school started at 8am. "Mom and Dad wish me luck" I said after tying my blonde and curly locks up into a ponytail and looking at myself in the mirror. I sighed and got my backpack. I adjusted my ribbon around my neck and rushed out of the house. I rushed to the bus stop and just in time the bus arrived. I pulled up a cold look and entered the bus...

[Sowon's pov]

I was in the car while my driver-Yes yes, I can here the gasps and shocks people here now. I'm the heiress and daugther of Kim Konzact. Well, I'm not bratty like you would expect me to. I wish to do well in life and excell as a good buisness wo- I was interrupted by my driver.

"Miss?" He asked. I relieased that we arrived already and I nodded. I grabbed my backpack and thanked him. "Have a nice day, Miss!" He said as I entered the school. I messily tied my red locks and entered the school with my backpack slung on my left shoulder and my left hand holding on it as I slowly proceeded to the principal's office to get my scehdule.

[Umji's pov]

I thought I was going to be late but thank the Gods and my parents. 'Mom and Dad wish me luck.' I thought to myself as I touched the locket I had hidded underneath my top. It was a family photo of my parents and I at my 7th birthday 3 months before they passed away. I entered the school and walked to the Reception counter. "You must me KIm Sojung right?' The girl asked me as I entered. "No, I'm no-" I was interrupted by the door opening. "I'm Kim Sojung. Sorry I'm late." I heard a voice said. I turned around to see a red headed girl who had curls like me.

[Sowon's pov]

"Are you Kim Sojung?" I looked at my watch and relieased that I was late. I immediately rushed in. "I'm Kim Sojung. Sorry I'm late!" I said. I saw a girl who has blonde curls in a ponytail like me. She turned around and looked at me. "Oh, hello Sojung and try to be on time next time." The lady at the reception counter said. "And who are you" The lady said lookignat her clipboard. "I'm Kim Yewon." The girl wit blonde locks introduced. So she is Yewon. I took a look at her face and saw that she blushed and looked away from my gaze. I smiled. She turned around to leave and I followed after I received my scehdule and she received hers. It seems like we're in the same class.

[Umji's pov]

That girl that just barged in was so beautiful. I wander if I can ever be friends with such people. "Hey, Yewon right?" Sujong asked. "Yes, but please call me Umji." I said. "Umji?" She asked putting her thumb up. Umji means thumb in korean. "Yes." I said. "You can call me Sowon, instead. Sujong sounds like some Old ladies' name." Sowon, previously known as Sujong said. "Sowon? Wishing star?" I asked. Sowon meant wish in Korean. "Which month are you born in?" Sowon asked me. "December." I said. "December? You're my dongsaeng then." She cooed and petted my head like I was some puppy. I scowled and walked off. She caught up. "Arasso, Unnie won't do that!" Sowon unnie said. I nodded as we proceeded to the principal's office. "Thank you for noticing me." I said before we entered. Sowon unnie knocked on the door and hummed in response. We got out classes and slight breifing from the principal and was led to the class by the principal himself. I was so shocked.

[Author's pov]

Umji and Sowon were led by the Principal into class 2 year 1. The principal introduced them as they entered and stopped infront of the class. "We have two new students today. Umji and Sowon. Please take care of them." The principal said. "You girls may choose your seat." The principal said he left soon. Suddenly, a girl from the back row shouted. "My name is Yerin. This is Eunha and Sinb in front is Yuju and don't even think of sitting with us." Yerin said.

"I wasn't thinking of it anyway!" Umji said. Sowon walked first then Umji. Yerin stood up and approached Umji who was infront. Yerin wanted to grab Sowon's hair as a sign of warnin her and of course, Sowon knew what she was going to do and ducked. Umji did a hurddle jump over Sowon and spun her legs causing Yerin to trip and fall on her bum. Umji picked up her backpack and smirked before walked past Yerin with soown as Eunha proceeded to help her.

Sinb glared at Umji and walked over to her proceeding to strangle her. Umji sensed Danger and ducked, she punched Sinb's stomach and Sinb flew. Sinb grumbled in pain as her stomach was in pain. "Amazing, where did you learn this?' Sowon asked. "I have a black belt in Taekwando." Umji whispered. Umji continued preparing for class. Sinb was lifted up and surrounded by 7 boys. Umji and Sowon felt their table surrounded by 7 boys and in font of Umji was a mint hair boy. sowon was sitting next to the hallway while Umji was sitting next to her.

The mint hair boy slammed his hair on Umji's table. Umji didn't flinched but Sowon did. "How dare you hurt my friend?" Suga asked. Umji looked up and the boys gasped.

[Suga's pov]

I was mad of course, at that blonde girl named Umji who hurt Sinb and Yerin. I am their friend so I felt over-protectivenesss over the younger ones. I proceeded towards her table and slammed her table. Surprisingly, she didn't even flinched but procceeded to read her English book. "How dare you hurt my friend?" I asked as I clammed my hand on her table. She looked up and I saw something I didn't expect. Yujin. "Why? You seem over protective over them." She asked me. "They are my friends." I said.

"It seems like you have some girl problems. You're overprotectiveness over girls must mean you don't want them to leave you. Tell me did you have a break up?" Umji said loudly. I froze as everyone in the class gasped. I saw that she smirked at me. "You-How did you know about this?' I asked. "So it is true, my powers didn't go to waste then." I heard she said. "I'm just a normal girl with more concentration than you." Umji said. I looked into her eyes. Yujin. I left her as the teacher entered. The other boys also returned to their seats. The teacher's lesson was on.

{Time skip to 2 months later}

[Author's pov]

The Bangchin gang were having a meeting. "We need Umji in our gang." V said earning a glare from Yerin. "No, I can't just have her take away my place away from my hands. I did all the dirty work, all you guys did was watch by the sidelines." Yerin said. "Whatever but wait till, Twice has her and Sowon." Jimin smirked. "Then they will be the top elite mafia in all of Korea.' Jin said. "So?" Sinb asked. "Wait I'm saying is that, you guys need Umji in your gang." V said. "No, she's on a different level from us." Yerin said. "Sowon is the Kim Konzact's heiress, that makes it alright. But what's funny is that Umji's data cannot be traced." Jungkook said. "What?" Yerin said. "Something must have been concealed to hide her identity." Jin said. "I'll try to dig for more." Jungkook said. Class was over so there was no one in class except the Bangcin gang.

The the door opened and revealed Umji and Sowon. "What I'm saying is if you can try to use method x instead to raise the shares in your company." Umji said. "Don't you think method Y sounds better." Sowon asked. "Believe me many say method Y works but never try method X thinking that its the best way to do things. Don't just look at the surface. Maybe method X will be better, lthough it takes more effort. At least you will be different from the others." Umji and Sowon giggled then they saw BTS and Gfriend looking at them. They shrugged and then took a seat.

"How does she know about this?" Yerin asked. "There's no way a commoner will know this, this is a method used in only the upper class." Sinb said. "I have an idea." Yerin said. Yerin moved over to Umji and Sowon.

Yerin walked up to Umji and blocked her path. "Move." Umji said. Yerin refused to budge. Umji sighned and moved her physically. "I want you to be my slave." Yerin said. "Be grateful many want this position." Yerin said. Umji smirked. She pushed Yerin lightly but Yerin refused to budge amd grabbed her wrist to make her face Yerin. Umji got angry and slapped Yerin. "Grateful? Why should I be?" Umji asked. Eunha and Sinb got Yerin who was really shocked and Yuju along with Sowon got Umji.

"Umji didn't mean it please forgive her." Sowon apologised. "No, unnie. I meant it by slappping her and I don't feel sorry." Umji said coldly.

Different thought ran over a simple action.

'Umji please don't make it worst.' Sowon thought.

"So this is the limit of her silence." Jin thought.

"Damn, if she was a guy, I would have recruited her." Rap Monster thought.

'She's evil but cute." Jimin and V thought.

"She sure knows what playing game means." Jhope and Jungkook thought.

"Poor Yerin, but they were right about her, we need her in our gang.' Sinb and Eunha thought.

"Where does she get the courage from? I like her already Yerin." Yuju thought.

'I can't look down on her, she's different.' Yerin thought as she furrowed her eyebrows.

Umji looked up and Yerin gasped.

Suddenly, a sound was heard "slap". Suga slapped Umji. "Suga!" The boys said. Umji looked at the person who slapped her. "Why did you touch her?" Suga asked. 'Mom, Dad. I'm just paying for whatever they've done to me, why is it that life repays me this way?" Umji thought as tears welled up. She pushed Yoongi and he stumbled a little before running out holding her redened cheeks. Sowon was angry and approached Suga. She grabbed his collar.

"Why you like it? Happy that you slapped a girl? Why??? TALK!" Sowon said as she grabbed Suga's collar. "Look bastard, you messed with the wrong people at the wrong time. Watch your back at night." Sowon said. Some jeering were heard. "Shut up cheap guy." Sowon said. before leaving the classroom to find Umji at the rooftop. "Oppa, you didn't have to do it." Yerin said. "I'm fine but you did to her was not." Yerin said as she left the classroom to find Sowon and Umji. Sinb and Eunha caught up with her. Yuju followed them shortly.

"Suga why did you do that?" Jin asked. "She reminds me of Yujin. I can't help it." Suga said. "Even so it's wrong to slap someone even if they did the wrong." Jin said. "She cheated on me." Suga said. "That was Umji you slapped and Yujin you were thinking of." Jin said. Suga nodded. "Come on you have to apologise to someone." Jin said.

[Yerin's pov]

I felt like I had to apologise to them. The girls caught up with me and we found Umji and Sowon in the cafeteria as it was lunch time but I saw the unexpected. Umji and Sowon were being beated up. Umji was sheilding Sowon to not let her get hurt and suddenly Umji fainted. "What are you all doing?" I asked as I shouted.

[Sowon's pov]

Umji was in the toilet and told me to go to the cafeteria first so I did and then a group of boys just attacked me. I was shocked Umji fainted as one of the guys swung a metal thing to hit me but Umji sheild me and got hit so she was semi consious now. I held her in my arms and heard a voice. "What are you all doing?' It was Yerin. I took the moment and carried Umji to the nurse's office as the teacher joined Yerin and took care of the group of boys.

The nurse wasn't there when I reached so I pleaced Umji on a bed and removed all the clothing I could and her shoes and along with the rubber band that ties her hair for comfort. I lifted her head with pillows and took the first aid kid. I fixed her bump on her head and after I applied ice after I covered it with cloth to reduce direct contact. I applied pressure on the ice part and soon heard the door open. It was Yerin. "I'm sorry." She said. I smirked. "If something bad happens to Umji, we'll see if your sorry can cure it." I said. I heard a whimper from Umji and approached her. I hoisted her as she woke up slowly.

[Umji's pov]

I woke up with my head hurting a lot. I looked around and saw Sowon unnie and some people infront of me. "Unnie!" I smiled brightly as she held me close to me. "Umji are you alright?" I heard someone call my name. I looked around and saw a girl with blonde locks like me ask me. "Who are you?" I asked. "She's Yerin, UMji you don't remeber her?" Sowon unnie asked. I shooked my head. "Unnie, why does my head hurt?" Umji asked. "Oh, hold on." Sowon unnie took a pill and placed it on my lips. "Here sweetheart, eat this. It will get rid of the pain in your head." Sowon said. I opened my mouth. She gave me a cup of water and I drank it down together with the medicine. Sowon unnie then laid me down. "Umji rest for a bit alright?" Sowon asked. I nodded as the dream train took me along with its dream passengers.

[Sowon's pov]

I was shocked when Umji didn't remember Yerin and the gang. I kept my cool so I don't startle my bestie. I laid her down after she ate her medicine. I was sure that Umji was feeling better. The BTS and Gfriend gang looked at me. I ignored their stares and took a seat next to Umji.


Changed the story plot a little, don't kill me!!

~ germaine_wy