Chapter 17

Somehow

[Umji's pov]

I was awoken by something wet on my face. It was my puppy, Buddy. She was my face. I sat up and hugged her as a sign of saying good morning. I brushed my teeth and all. I decided to buy breakfast myself as the Ahjumma who worked for me had resigned since she needed to take care of her grandkids.

I decided on wearing a peplum top and black skirt. I took a beaded bracelet as the highlight, quickly packed my purse. I wore a black necklace with some rectangular gold shaped jewelry. I arranged my hair and got my coat. I wore my black heels and left. I walked to my car and drove out. The gate of my house closed after I left. I drove to the nearest café and ordered some doughnuts and a cup of coffee. I decided to eat in the office. I got to the office. I got out of my car and slung my bag on right shoulder, got my things and handed my car keys to the security.

Nayeon and Momo were waiting for me. I entered the company lobby and all the employees bowed to me. I saw Geum Sa Wol who was appointed the manager yesterday. I approached her. She bowed. "Thank you for this opportunity." She said. I nodded. "I hope you will use this wisely." I said to Sal-Wol. She had a group of shareholders behind her. "Please send the design team's final design by today after you comfirmed it." I said. "Yes, I got it." Sal-Wol said. I smiled as I entered the lift and she bowed to me.

[Sal-Wol's pov]

I feel so happy. I'm sure that Ms Kim is a nice person inside although she has a glum look on her face all the time. Ms Kim is really kind I don't really get why people say that she's really scary. I feel like she's a warm person. I entered the department and everyone stood up to greet me. "Congratulations on being the manager Umji, I mean Ms Kim." Yuji, a member of the finance team said.

"Thanks." I said. "We should hold a party." Dae-kyung suggested. "How about this Saturday?" Sam asked. "Sorry I have plans already!" I said. "Oh!! Are you going out with Canbin?" Yuji asked. "Heol! The MD Canbin of Bo Geum Group?" Dae-kyung asked. "No no, I'm visiting my parents in Incheon." I said. "Oh!" They gave me this Visiting-With-Canbin look. "Yah! Get back to work!" I said. "Yes." I opened the office door and sighed in relieve.

I looked around my office after that and sat down on the chair. A knock came. "Come in!" It was Huixiang. "This is the design." She said and had a smug look on her face. "The museum needs more space for people to rest and admire art. The mall needs more than this amount of shops. The library needs to be connected to the mall and the café above needs a ventalasion system. I'm sorry but you have to redo it!" I said.

"Has becoming a manager made you proud? This is the best that I can do." Huixiang said. "But this is not the best that I want. I can't rush the design and give Ms Kim a crappy blueprint. People will not feel safe." I said. Huixiang grabbed the blueprint and stormed out of the room.

I decided to explain to Ms Kim. I grabbed my things and left the room.

[Umji's pov]

I was in the office with Huixiang standing infront of me. "Ms Geum will not accept the blueprint but this is the best that I can do." Huixiang said as she placed the blueprint in front of me. "I got it, I'll talk to her." I said. Huixiang nodded and left the room. "Nayeon please come in!" I said through the intercom. Nayeon entered dressed in a femal suit and some middle length hells her curly locks were tied up and she bowed.

"Make sure that Wu Huixiang packs her things tonight." I said. "Yes." Nayeon said and left. She opened the door and I saw Sal-Wol. "Ms Kim, please give the design team another day. I cannot accept the blueprint! I promise to have it on you desk by tonight!" She said.

I smiled and came down from my desk that was on a platform. The platform had stairs. "Sit!" I said and sat down on the single couch. Sal-Wol smiled and took a sit. "I too cannot accept the blueprint." I said. "The museum needs more space for people to rest and admire art. The mall needs more than this amount of shops. The library needs to be connected to the mall and the café above needs a ventalasion system." I said. "We said the exact same things." Sal-Wol said. I smiled. "It might be fate." I said.

I decided to go for lunch. Huixiang saw Sal-Wol at the lobby, she was carrying a box and approached Sal-Wol. I was downstairs since I headed to the toilet first. I saw Huixiang slap Sal-Wol

"What have you done? Did you poison Ms Kim or did she fell for your beauty?" Huixiang asked. "What are you doing?" I asked as I approached with Nayeon and Momo behind me. "I fired you not because you couldn't produce the best blueprint but because you showed me laziness and that you liked to be a spoilt princess sorry this is not the place to be a princess. Kim's Group doesn't need such a person." I said.

"Security!" I called. Two guards ran up and bowed. "Bring this unauthorized person out of the company." I said. The security brought Huixiang out and threw her out. "Don't ever let her enter the company and black list her." I said. Nayeon nodded. Sal-Wol bowed and went for lunch. I was in a bad mood and decided to return home and continue work tomorrow