Chapter 14

Somehow

[Umji's pov]

I'm currently in the car on the way to meet Sowon. I was near the traffic junction when I saw Sowon unnie and Jin oppa. Jin oppa was dressed in a black turtle neck, jeans and grey coat that was ed. Sowon unnie was dressed in a red top and denim jeans along with a white coat and some sneakers. "Momo, stop the car." I said. Momo nodded and stopped the car near them at a roadside parking space just away from them.

Nayeon got out of the passenger seat and opened the car door. I began walked towards them after I slung on my clutch and hid behind a tree. "Sujong-ah, why can't you just accept my proposal?" Jin oppa asked. "I-I already have a boyfriend." Sowon unnie said. Boyfriend? Sowon unnie never told me about it before. I asked myself.

Jin oppa sighed. "I'm sirry, Jin oppa." Sowon unnie said and covered as she ran away. "O-oppa." I said after Sowon unnie left. "Umji-ah." He smiled. "Don't smile I know you're not fine." I said. "You're right. I'm not, why wouldn't Sowon accept me?" He asked and looked up to the sky. I held onto my clutch. "I'm not sure what the reason is but for one thing I know is. Sowon unnie doesn't have a boyfriend." I said.

"When we were in the States for my treatment, Sowon unnie was with me 24/7, the Twice girls had to run errands and Ailee unnie has some buisness to do. I can assure you that because of me, Sowon unnie doesn't have the time to date even after returning 2 years ago so don't give up! I'm sure she has a reason to do so!" I smiled. "Oppa, I'll see you around." I said and bowed. Momo drove the car up and I entered the car with Nayeon helping me to open the door. Nayeon ran to the passenger's seat next to Momo and we drove off.

We finally reached the newly opened café that I heard off and Sowon unnie was waiting for me outside. Nayeon opened the door for me and she bowed. "Thanks Nayeon. You can go now with Momo. I'll call you guys when I need help." I said. "Yes, My lady, they said. Nayeon entered the car and Momo drove off. "Unnie!!" I greeted. We hugged. Our necklaces glowed.

"It's been two years, Umji." Sowon unnie said. I nodded. I stayed in US to restart my life. I also had to prepare to be the women of Kim's Empire. I have already been the lady of Kim Empire's but tonight was the banquet to officially welcome me. All the buisnessmen and women will be there.

"Come on, let's go." I said. Sowon unnie nodded. We went up a steps and entered the café. A familiar voice greeted me. "Welcome." It was Yerin. "Umji." She was shocked. "Yerin unnie!" I greeted and we hugged. "This is your cafe?" I asked. "Nope, this belongs to Sinb and Jhope." She said. "They have already started dating?" Sowon unnie asked. "Sowon unnie!!" Yerin greeted. "They have already gotten married right after guarduating. They have a kid now, 3 years old Hoya." Yerin unnie said as she showed us our seats.

"Unnie, I saw you and Jin oppa before I came here." I said. "Where?" Sowon unnie asked. "At the traffic junction. I was in the car. Why didn't you accept Jin oppa?" I asked. "See Umji, I'm just scared that love will betray me." Sowon unnie said. I sighed.

Suddenly, a group of guys wearing black entered. There were no other customers. They started to knock over chairs and all. Suddenly, I saw a boy who was sitting near them. Yerin unnie came out of the kitchen with Sinb. "Hoya!" Sinb called and ran to get her son. "Pay up lady!! You said that you will pay up today." The man said. "I'm sorry. I'll pay it by next week." Sinb bowed. I stood up with my clutch and walked towards them. "Here." I handed them my chequebook. "Write the amount they owe you and leave." I said. They took the book and wrote it on one page. They tore the cheque and returned me the book. "Never return again." I said. The men all left.

"Thank you, Umji." Sinb said as she held onto Hoya's shoulder. I turned to face them. "Why did you guys loan money from Bigbang?" I asked. "It wasn't me but Jhope's father. He needed to save his company from failing." Sinb said. "The debt should be cleared." I said. Jhope oppa entered the cafe. "Sinb! Hoya. Are you guys hurt?" He asked as he entered frantically. "No, we're fine. The debt's been cleared." Sinb said. "How?" He asked. Sinb smiled and pointed to me.

"Umji!" He greeted. "You must be really tired to work for money." I said as I noticed his dark circles. "You noticed." He said. "Don't worry, they won't come and disturb you anymore." I said. "Thank you Umji. I'll do every thing I can to repay you." He said. I shook my hand and placed it on my clutch. "Just give me a free cup of coffee will do." I said. He laughed and Yerin gave me and Sinb coffee.

"Hoya-ah! Say hello of Auntie Umji and Sowon. They helped us to make the bad guys go." Sinb cooed after I returned to my seat. "Hello, Auntie." Hoya greeted. "Hello." Sowon unnie and I waved. "Umji, where's Ailee unnie?" Sowon unnie asked. "She said she'll come by soon." I said. Suddenly, Ailee unnie entered. She sat down and Yerin unnie served her coffee. "Sorry I'm late. Something cropped up at the orphranage." Ailee unnie said. "It's okay." Sowon unnie and I said. We drank coffee and soon left.

We decided to walk around the streets of Seoul. "Unnie. This shop!" Sowon unnie said. "Let's go go go!" We said in unison and laughed as we entered the shop. I found a off the shoulder dress whish has lace near the shoulder area and over the dress. I found a ppair of pastel pink heels and a diamond belt. I asked the sop assistant to pack up my dress. Ailee unnie found a black tight dress that was above her knees and a black diamond belt paied with some ankle heel boots and a black rectangular purse that hs a ring in front. I found a pink rectangular purse with diamonds near the perimeter of it.

Sowon unnie found a hot red dress that was wavy at the end and some red heels along with a red purse. We payed and left the shop with our things in hand. My company was just opposite the shop. The Twice girls were outside and ean towards us. "My lady! Where were you?" Nayeon asked. "Shopping." I said as I was exauhsted. "Get the ladies' bags." Nayeon said. Three of the members got the bags and bowed. We walked inside the comoany's dressing room and the stylist helped us get dress.

The stylist gave me a high ponytail and small pink earings. Ailee unnie had a side bun and a belt on with some metal beaded bracelet. Sowon unnie had her hair curled and some red earings. The Twice girls wore female suits. You know suot tops and skirt. They wore in-ears on their left ear. "My lady, it's time for the event." Nayeon said. I noded as Sowon unnie, Ailee unnie and I packed our phones and neccessities in the purse we just bought.

We entered the black car which Nayeon held the door on for us. The Twice girls left first. We left later with Momo and Nayeon. Nayeon and Momo sat in front, Momo on the driver seat and Nayeon on the passenger seat. "Girls station, we're on our way." Nayeon said while she pressed the in ear. We later arrived and it was 7pm already. We arrivedat a hotl entrance and saw reporters. I sat near the front and got out first. The Twice girls who arrived first were dressed in heels and ran to us. One of the girls opened the door and I exited the car first Ailee and Sowon moved out by my side and we began moving.

Reporters made it hard for us to move. As we moved along the red carpet tnat was spreaded out. Flashes blinded me and it was harder to move but since the Twice girls were here they asked security to move the reporters away. We moved up the stairs that led to the hotel. I entered with the Twice girls and Sowon and Ailee unnie. Two staff from the hotel opened the door for us to the banquet. It was lit with purple lights. I looked around and saw many food, wine and a band was playing. The Twice girls were splited up to follow me, Sowon and Ailee unnie. I moved around with Momo, Nayeon, Sana and Dahyun.

I saw Yoongi oppa there well he is the President of Min Enterprise. He was dressed in a black suit. "Hello." He greeted. "Hello, Yoongi oppa." I bowed. He smiled and we chattd for a while. Suddenly, a girl walked up to me angrily and swung her arm. Her arm landed on my face with a slap. I held my reddened cheeks and looked at her. "My lady!" The girls behind me said. "Are you okay?" Nayeon asked. "Yes, I'm fine." I said as I sighed.

"Everybody look! This is seducing my boyfriend!" The girl said. "You don't even know who you just slapped." Nayeon said. "Who the hell cares. Top ." She snikered. "Hello, I'm the heiress of Kim's Empire and you are?" I asked as I held up my hand for a handshake. "How can a top like you be a Kim's Empire heir?" She asked. I smiled and took out my locket and opened it. It was my family photo. "How can you-?" She was shocked. I just smiled and went to find Sowon and Ailee unnie with the girls behind me.

"Umji are you alright?" Sowon unnie asked as she handed me a wine glass. "Yes I am." I said. "My lady! This is the President of Cheom Bi Palace, Mr Wu." Nayeon said as she showed a man and what seems to be his wife. "Hello." I bowed. The man beamed. "I apologized for my daughter's being just now." Mr Wu bowed. "No no, it's alright." I was flustered. "Here." I said and handed both of them a drink. "We might meet again." He said. "Of course." I smiled. He then left with Mrs Wu.

"Today, we have a special guest." The host said. We all turned to the stage. "She is the one and only heir of the Kim's Empire, Kim Yewon." The host said as the spotlight shone on me. I smiled and walked towards the stage to give a speech. "Thank you for giving me this opportunity to show my abilities. As the first lady for Kim's Empire, I wish to live up to my name and continued building the Empire that my parents once build. My parents passed away when I was young, so I taught myself to become independent. I hope to become a legend in the buisness world. I want to inspire young people who are new to this industry this days. Thank you." I stepped down to bow.

I was walking down the stage when suddenly one person ran up to me holding huge bucket and wanted to spalsh me but Sana and Tzuyu held up umbrellas and blocked the water. They closed the umbrellas after a while. "My lady! Are you alright?" Nayeon asked as she ran up to me with two security. "What are you doing? Get this person out." Nayeon said. "Yes." The security took the person and dragged him out. I sighed and returned to my seat with Sana, Tzuyu and Nayeon.

We went home after a while as the banquet ended