Chapter 9

Somehow

[Umji's pov]

I suddenly felt that the world was spinning as everything turned white. I held my head. "Umji, are you okay?" Sowon unnie asked. It was during physical activity class. "Yes." I answered. I was still really dizzy. Suddenly, I collapsed and everything turned black.

[Sowon's pov]

I'm currently in the hospital now with Ailee unnie. Umji looked really pale after the run so I got worried. She suddenly fainted which shocked me. The teacher called for an ambulance and now here I am. Anxiously praying for Umji's safety. "The doctor came out of the surgery room...

[Umji's pov]

I woke up and saw white stuff. I felt pain in my arms and saw that I had a drip on. I remembered that I fainted and concluded that I was in the hospital. It must be it again. I sighed.

[Sowon's pov]

The doctor suddenly announced that Umji had blood cancer and I was shocked. The doctor then left. I fell on the ground as I looked at Umji's ward. "She must know." I said as I barged into Umji's room.

[Umji's pov]

"So you know now?" I asked. Sowon unnie came in followed by Ailee unnie. "How could you keep this away from us." Sowon unnie asked. "I'm sorry." I said. Sowon unnie's eyes flared red. "At least tell us!" Sowon unnie was fustrated. "It wasn't intentional." I whispered. "If keeping such a secret was called unintentional then I don't know what we are friends for." Sowon unnie said as she took out the necklace and placed it in my hands. She closed my hands into a fist and left the room with Ailee unnie.

[Sowon's pov]

I was upset. I was crying as I ran out of the hospital with Ailee unnie chasing after me. Suddenly, a figure stood infront of me. It was Yerin. "So, your friend left you huh?" She snikered. "What do you want?" I asked. "Join our gang." She said as she eyed me and Ailee unnie. I clenched my fist tightly...

[Umji's pov]

I removed my necklace and connected both parts and it formed a heart. The necklace began to glow but stopped after five seconds. I sighed. 'This could possibly end our friendship.' I thought. I only have a week left before I leave for the US for my treatment.

The next day...

Umji was feeling better so she went to school and was greeted by Gfriend with Sowon.

[Umji's pov]

My shoulder collided with Sowon's. I looked at her sadly before turning away to move off. I then saw another gang. The girl walked up to me and...

~*~*~*~*~*~*

Author's note: Clift hanger!!