Chapter 27

Somehow

[Umji's pov]

I returned home the next afternoon and saw some letters outside. I looked through them and one caught my eye, it was a parking coupon. I opened it and I saw Soji's car plate number. I saw that Yugyeom oppa and Soji unnie returned. I immdiately hid the letter in my bag and held onto the other letters. "Oppa." I smiled and greeted him. "Umji, why aren't you entering the house?" Yugyeom oppa asked. "Oh, I saw some letters and so I thought of collecting them first." Soji saw the letters and snatched them. "Who asked you to touch people's letters?" Soji asked.

"This is my house." I fired and entered the house. We ate dinner together. Yugyeom oppa stood infront of Yemin and Yeji's photo and looked at it. "Oppa, here." I handed him the letter. Yugyeom oppa took it. "Oppa, I think Yemin's case is related to Soji." I said. Yugyeom oppa opened the letter and felt tears of anger rushing through his eyes. Soji entered and Yugyeom oppa hid the letter. "What are you doing here?" Soji asked. "We're just talking." I rolled my eyes and walked out of the pavilion and walked to my room.

[Yugyeom's pov]

I was still shocked by what Umji told me yesterday. I brought Soji to the Korea Plaza. She seemed uneasy as I dragged her along. "Yugyeom-ssi is there something wrong? Why aare we here?" Soji asked. "You brought Kang Dalai to the Korean Plaza to let her see that Im Shilu her current boyfriend see that she already has a wife, my youngest sister, Yemin. They broke out a fight and Im Shilu locked up Yemin inside his vintage car and brought Dalai and him to the church where they got married." I took out my phone.

"On SNS, this photo of you was uploaded." I opened a photo. "Yugyeom-ssi, we're husband and wife right? Shouldn't we truly trust each other?" Soji begged. "All the evidence is pointed to you so, would you still deny it?" Grandpa said. "Grandpa..." Soji was baffled. Grandpa dragged Soji away.

[Umji's pov]

I saw what happened between Yugyeom oppa, Soji and Grandpa. I walked towards Yugyeom oppa and stood next to him. We walked to the place where Yemin "died". I knew that she was still alive. Grandpa kneeled on the floor. "I already said that it wasn't me why can't anyone trust me?" Soji asked. "Because all the evidence is there." I said. "No one would want to trust a criminal." I finished. Soji was so furious and wanted to slap me. I grabbed her arm and slapped her back. "Shameless , how dare you enter my house as my sister-in-law knowing that you killed my sister." I said. Soji held her cheeks and looked at Yugyeom oppa. "Yugyeom-ssi, your sister slapped me..." I rolled my eyes.

"Turn yourself in." Grandpa said and stood up. "I did nothing wrong why should I?" Soji asked. "You did everything, your uncle killed my sister, you killed my sister, your cousin killed my parents." I poked her shoulder roughly and she fell. "I know everything, your cousin, Rhianna ordered men to kill my parents and if you did nothing wrong why would we be in this state, think about it." I said. Soji clenched her fist. "Why? I did nothing wrong to deserve all this so why should I turn myself in?" Soji said and walked away.

"As we had expected, she is shameless." Grandpa said. We walked to the car. Yugyeom oppa drove. I sat behind at the passenger seat and Grandpa sat infront.

At night, I recieved a call from Yemin. "U-unnie, someone kiled Yeji unnie." Yemin was crying. "Calm down, Yemin. Tell me where are you??" I asked. "In the h-house you asked to stay at." Yemin said. I immediately drove to the hidden house. Our mafia members were already there. Yemin was gone. I was Yeji unnie who had her eyes opened and blood stains down her forehead. I covered her eyes and closed them. "Bury her body safely." I said. The members nodded and carried Yeji unnie's body away.

I went to make a call with Yeji. I heard bells in the background and knew that she was at school I immediately drove there.

[Yemin's pov]

Umji unnie told me that she was arriving soon so I decided to wait for her at the school gate thinking it will be easier. I saw someone come out from the dark shadows. It was a man dressed in all black, he was carrying a knife. I ran away and he chased me. I entered the science lab and he entered too after I locked the door. I took some chemicals and spalshed it into his eye, I managed to run away via the back door to the back exit. I was so scared and was waiting for Umji unnie.

[Umji's pov]

I arrived at Yemin's school and saw a man wearing all black. He was covering his eye and groaning in pain as he walked towards me. I removed my hands from my coat pocket and hid in another hallway. I saw a scar near his ear area as he walked past me. After he walked away, I came out from hiding and stepped on something. I looked down at my black heels and saw a locket. It belonged to Kim Soji. I mean the locket was a stamp to start a mission in the Kim's family and it had Soji's initial on it.

I kept the locket in my coat pocket and went to find Yemin. I heard sounds of sobbing and a girl curling up in the stairway of the back exit, she was dressed in a turtle-neck and jumpers along with a grey coat. She looked up at me and smiled.

[Yemin's pov]

I was shaking with fear as I heard heels clicking down the stairway I thought I was going to get caught. I looked at the side and saw a gifl with silky brown locks. She was dressed in a white top and red pencil skirt along with a white coat. She had black heels on and was holding out her arms to balance herself on the narrow stairs. It was Umji unnie. "Unnie!" I smiled. "Yemin." I immediately rushed towards her. I brought Yemin to the car and drove off to the mafia grounds.

I let Yemin rest in the secret room as I returned home after checking that security was tight.