Chapter 16

Somehow

[Umji's pov]

I just had lunch with Sowon and Ailee unnie. Now, I'm back in the office for some meeting with the finance team. "Let's stop here for today." I said and the finance team sighed in relieve it was supposed to be Eunha unnie's job. That's right, Eunha unnie is the CFO of Kim's Empire but she's on medical leave today. I hurriedly returned to my office. It was already 3pm in the afternoon in 2 hours time all the employees are going home.

"Nayeon, please get me a cup of tea." I said. Nayeon nodded and went to get a cup of tea. I looked through tomorrow's schedule, I have a meeting with the Myeong Shin's Group's President, Mr Shin. Nayeon sent in tea and left. I decided to rest and went to my private bedroom, yep I have a bedroom behind my desk. It was designed by my father for me to sleep in whenever I was tired.

But as the President I decided not to rest yet I still have 4 more reports and documents not signed yet. I saw the blueprint of the new Museum Mall and decided to call in the Design team. "Nayeon, send in the Design team members who are in-charged of this blueprint." I said through the intercom. "Yes, My lady." Nayeon answered. I sighed as Momo brought in the design team leader, Wu Huixiang and her team members.

"Who designed this blueprint?" I asked. Huixiang tensed thinking that I wasn't happy about it. "It was my team member, Geum Sal-Wol." She said. "Who is Sal-Wol?" I asked. "Me!" A petite girl with middle length hair and a soft face raised her hand. "Good job, I'm really happy about this blueprint." I smiled. "Thank you, but this credits is to the team leader for guiding us." Sal-Wol said. I smiled. "You may leave now." I said. They all bowed and left.

"Nayeon come in!" I called through the intercom. Nayeon entered and steped up the stairs to my study and bowed. "Nayeon, please give the position of manager to Geum Sal-Wol." I said. The manager position has been empty for quite some time. "Yes." Nayeon bowed. I decided to let Sal-Wol be the Manager, I knew that I could trust her.

It was 5pm and I decided to go home. I was walking off with Nayeon and Momo who were dressed in female suits behind me and I wore my coat. I took the elevator and walked downstairs. I see the notice of Sal-Wol being the manager and a few staff gossiping. "Oh my gosh, how can the CEO let her be the manager? Is she crazy or what?" One said. "Yeah, she's so fake how can she become the manager." Another said. I approached them quietly with Nayeon and Momo behind me. "You there give me your name." I said.

All the other employees bowed to me. The two ladies kept mum. "I asked you a question?" I asked again with a cold face. "Go Jinah from the Communication Department." One said. "Lee Haru from the Fianance Department." The other said. "Go to the HR department now." I said.

[Author's pov]

Going to the HR or Human Resource Department meant one thing, Goodbye to your jobs. You will never return ever again to your working life. Hell the Kims are quite powerful in the buisness world so many big companies look up to them, the Kim's Group. The Kim's Group is the company that is seperated into two group Kim's group itself and Kim's Enterprise. The Kim's Empire was renamed again to Kim's Group since Umji thought that as a Group an Empire will be build.

[Umji's pov]

"Ma'am we can-" I had enough. "ENOUGH! The Kim's Group need real workers and not gossipers. Head off to the HR Department this instance." I said. "And the rest of you here take this as a lesson learnt." I said. "Yes, Ms Kim." They responded. I left the two workers who were sobbing and headed out of the company. The two workers were sobbing as they walked to the HR Department.

Nayeon opened the driver's seat for me. "My lady, are you sure you don't need anyone of us to accompany you?" She asked. I nodded and entered my car. Nayeon closed the door and I slide down the window. "Make sure those two employees get black-listed." I said. "Yes, I got it." Nayeon replied and stepped back. With Momo she bowed and I rolled up my window. I drove off as all the employees bowed.

I drove back to my mansion. I parked my car and entered the house. I hung my coat and the Ahjumma who worked at our house greeted me. "My lady." She greeted. "Ahjumma you can leave now." I said. She nodded and got her stuff and left. I ate the dinner that she prepared for me and took a bath in the bathtub. I returned to my room and let sleep drown me