Chapter 22

Somehow

[Umji's pov]

After the banquet...

I went to the office and changed into a white top and some skinny jeans along with a navy blue jacket. I got blue heels with some ribbons behind and tied the crown of my hair. I took a blue clutch sling and walked out. Twice greeted me. Sowon and Ailee have left earlier. I decided to return to the mafia quaters. It was around night time and it was raining. The banquet actually ended pretty late due to showing some art pieces at the gallery.

Nayeon held up and umbrella and escorted me to the car. I entered and she gave me a towel before closing the door. I smiled as she took a seat next to Momo who was at the driver's seat. Momo usually drives. We reached the mafia and Nayeon opened the Umbrella again. She opened the door and I exited. Momo went to park the car. Nayeon and I walked to the mafia entrance and saw some of my men kicking a man out.

I walked closer towards them. The men who were from Seventeen bowed. I nodded and they looked at the man again. "Didn't I already pay enough debts?? Now return me my salon and house!!" The man cried. "This is how you treat a human?" He asked. "You might have forgotten that this place looks at money. This is a mafia ground and not your apartment!" I said and turned to Seventeen. "Do not lend him money anymore." I said "I got it My lady." S.coups, the leader said. I looked back at the man and entered the mafia. Nayeon closed the umbrella and Seventeen all entered.

 The next day...

I woke up in my pavilion. Well, I went to the mafia for some buisness and I returned home yesterday. I'm currently at the office in my white top and pink pencil skirt. Nayeon entered wearing a female suit. Well, actually all secataries and staff under me wear suits be it male or female. The servants at home wear a skirt and a coat above(you know like those detectives clothing without the hat) the highest ranking servant wears blue and the lower ones wear a caramel colour.

"My lady." Nayeon greeted. "Are the preparations ready?" I asked. "Yes." I stood up ans got my clutch sling. I walked out of the company with Nayeon and Momo behind me. Nayeon and Momo sat down on their indidividual seats and drove off. They drove me to a memorial park. There was a tree in the middle of it. It was to remember the kids who died in Geum Im Ophranage.

Yeji was one of them. If you're wondering why she was in an ophrange it was because at the time of her birth, our family had financial crisis. I came along and soon everything was back to normal. We had a company that was doing well and wanted to fetch Yeji back. Yeji was sent there because grandpa and our parents were trying hard to get money. We finally have enough money but sadky on our way there. I remember seeing the orphranage collaspe before my eyes. The bodyguards held me back. Some of our men were trying hard to find Yeji unnie. Grandpa told me that Yeji unnie died in an accident because he thought that I was young and naive. I put up an act that I bought the story but till this day I still remember how Yeji unnie died.

I walked towards the tree and some of my men were there. They bowed to greet me. Nayeon and Momo followed me and joined the train. They stood in a line behind me and bowed to the tree. 'Yeji unnie, are you watching me? I'm here unnie, I finally found your killer after 19 years. For this 19 years, I tried to find them and I finally did. I'll seek revenge unnie. I will.' I thought and bowed. "My lady." One of the men handed me a bouquet of flowers. I got it and placed it by the engravement board were all the names of the 25 children who died in the accident and along with the orphrange leader, Mr Guem.

I kneeled down and touched a name that caugt my eye 'Kim Yeji, 1991-2000'. I got up and turned around to leave. The men bowed to me. I walked off to the street where Nayeon and Momo drove me back. The rest of the men left to the house. I went back to the family home...

When I reached the family home I saw Soji, she's now my sister-in-law. If you didn't know, Yugyeom oppa married her a few months ago. Some servants were carrying Yeji's photo out from her pavilion. I walked towards them with Nayeon and Momo and some men behind me. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" I shouted. The servants bowed to me. The head servant who's wearing blue bowed too. "Who gave you the permission to move Yeji's photo? Move it back immediately!" I said. "I'm so sorry." The head servant said. The servants bowed and rushed back to the pavilion.

"Grandpa is going to sell the pavilion soon, so I wanted to keep Yeji's photo properly." Soji said. I caught Soji rolling her eyes. "From now on, without my permission do not enter the pavilion." I said coldly. "And you have despiced Yeji ever since you entered this place you have never liked her, you're just an orphan am I right, Guem Soji?" I raised an eyebrow. "I know everything about you Soji, you're not a Kim. You were abandoned since birth." Soji was furious and was about to slap me. I caught her hand and slap her.

"Know your place." I said coldly and walked off.