Chapter 23

Somehow

[Umji's pov]

Suga oppa asked me out today!! I'm really happy as you can tell. I'm currently crossing the traffic junction and saw Suga oppa. "Oppa!" I waved. He turned and walked towards me. Suddenly, I saw a truck rushing towards Suga oppa. I ran towards him and pushed him aside. I turned towards the truck as it hit me hard. I fell onto the ground and saw Suga oppa before everything turned black.

[Suga's pov]

I saw Umji opposite the road. She looks so pretty. She was dressed in a white top and jeans with a pink coat. She slung on a pink clutch. I smiled and walked towards her. Suddenly, Umji ran towards me and pushed me aside. I fell on the floor and horror took over me. I immediately stood up and ran towards Umji who was bleeding and unconsious. The truck driver saw everything and ran away. A passer-by called the ambulance and I went to the hospital.

I was waiting outside the surgery room. Sowon and Ailee noona with the rest of the gang and Twice arrived. The doctor came out and I ran towards him. "How's Umji?" I asked. The rest of them ran and caught up with me. "She lost a lot of blood and might be in danger. We need someone to donate blood to her." The doctor said. "I'll do it." I said.

The doctor nodded and led me inside. I turned towards Ailee noona. "If something happens to me hand this to Umji." I hands Ailee noona a box. Ailee noona nodded and took the box. I remembered entering the sugery room before everything turned black.

[Umji's pov]

I woke up slowly and saw white. I saw Sowon and Ailee unnie rushed to me. I saw Twice bowed to me as Sowon and Ailee unnie slowly brought me to sit up. Doctors came in to check on me from time to time. "Unnie, where is Suga oppa?" I asked. I saw that both Sowon and Ailee unnie tensed. "Suga passed away." I was so shocked to hear it from Ailee unnie. "What? How?" I was so confused. "He saved the both of you." Sowon unnie said. "B-both?" I asked.

"Yes, Umji you're pregnant. The baby managed to survive the impact." I was so happy yet sad at the same time. "Here, Suga wanted me to give you this." Ailee unnie said as she handed me a red box. I took it and opened it. I saw two bracelets inside. Each wrote 'MYG+KYW'. I burst into tears. "Leave us." Ailee unnie said. "Yes." Nayeon said and directed the rest outside.

"Umji, don't cry." Ailee unnie and Sowon unnie were comforting me. The next few days were hazy to me. I was suddenly at Suga oppa's funeral then his burial. I'll miss Suga oppa. I looked up to the sky as tears flowed.