The Long Awaited Approval

The Girl Who Never Cry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 7: The Long Awaited Approval (EDITED) 

Taehyung POV

“Taehyung, dinner’s ready!” Mom shouted from downstairs.  Without hesitation, I paused my game and went downstairs. I never really excited for dinner but today was exceptional because I felt exhausted, thanks to that girl. Well, let’s just hope we both didn’t fall a sick. I bitterly thought to myself.

“Are you going to join it?” Eon Jin suddenly asked, glancing at me weirdly. I looked back, puzzled.

“You’re going to join it isn’t it, the singing competition at your school,” She smirked mischievously and instantly I know how this conversation is going to be. She’s going to report to my dad about the singing competition and then my whole family will be against me joining it. I was right.

“You know dad,” She glanced at me again before she turned to dad and continue to say, “The winner of that singing contest will be going to Seoul and become a trainee in one of the Big3 companies,”

“Yah! Mind your business!” I glared at her.

“Is it true, Taehyung?” Dad suddenly interrupts, staring at me curiously. I didn’t need to look twice to know dad look displeased by that news. Eon Ji, just you wait. I’m going to pay back for this.

“Heol. Look at him. He must have joined it for sure,” My younger brother smirked.

“Just forget it. You know we don’t have money to support you and your stupid dream. Isn’t that right, dad?” Eon Ji said again, obviously sneering at me. I was planning to tell him but not like this!

“I already saved money for it!” I countered.

“Don’t be stupid. There’s no way it will be enough”

“But this is my dream!”

“It’s better if you just help dad at the farm!”

“Enough you two!” Mom scolded, stopping our bickering at once.

“Your sister is right Taehyung! Don’t cause any more trouble for the family,”

“But mom!” I whined but only to be glared at. I desperately turned to dad hoping that at least he will stop me from joining the singing competition, like what happened before. No, I can’t let that happened again.

“This contest is different! It’s a certified and the outcome is guarantee!” I said, trying to persuade them but my sister just rolled her eyes.

“Yeah right. That’s what you always said before”

“But it’s true!”

“You’re such a troublemaker!”

“Just do it,” Dad finally speak up, cutting both of us from arguing more.

“What?!” Eun Ji stared at him, blinking in disbelief of what he just said. Me on the other hand

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter