Day 10

The Girl Who Never Cry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Day 10

 “HACHUU!” Taehyung sneezed for the nth time. “I should have bring an umbrella with me last night” He muttered to himself.

“Are you alright?” His mother entered his room with a glass of water and medicine. “What a bad timing for you to get sick now when the singing competition is only few days away,” She commented and Taehyung could only sighed deeply.

“Don’t forget to take your medicine” Her mother reminds Taehyung before she leaves the room.

“I know,” He sighed again. “My immune system has failed me when I was only out there for an hour,” Taehyung complained grimly. “Anyway….” His eyes turned to Lisa’s umbrella that he put at the corner of the room.

“I wonder if she will look for me….” Taehyung thought to himself.

“She didn’t call me yet so I don’t know her number.. Should I just ask Rose?”

No, I’m sure she will hate me if I do that. Let just hope she will give me a call soon. Taehyung then shut his eyes and fall into sleep.

~~~~~~

Lisa took a deep breathe before she opened the gate, mentally preparing herself as she knew Taehyung would nag her for being late again. She looked dumbfounded when she saw no one was there after she opened the gate. She was unbothered at first but when Taehyung didn’t appeared during lunch, Lisa can’t help but wondering for him.

“Did he skipped school?” Lisa thought to herself as she heads to the café alone. Rose couldn’t make it with Lisa as she was asked by MR YG.

“I noticed you haven’t submit your song for the competition yet, Rose. Is everything alright?” MR YG asked.

“Y-yes. I’m still trying to finalize my choice of songs that would really fit my voice and style,” Rose answered, trying to hide her nervous face.

“Even so, the rehearsal is approaching so please submit it before school ends today, got it?”

“Alright, sir” She answered short and hurriedly leave the scene before Mr YG could say anything more. She heads straight to Taehyung’s class but only to find him absent today from Jimin.

“Absent? All of a sudden?” Rose was surprised.

“Yes, he didn’t say anything to me too. Maybe he was sick” Jimin shrugged.

“Anyway since you’re here, how about we have a lunch together—“

“Sorry Jimin but not today. I got something urgent need to settle,” Rose gave Jimin a sorry. Jimin didn’t hide his disappointed face as Rose disappeared from his sight.

“Oh, right. Why didn’t I ask her to pass this to Lisa?” Jimin titled his head and tried to catch up with Rose but he met Lisa instead at the hallway.

“Sis in law!” Jimin said with a big smile.

“Please stop calling me that,” Lisa awkwardly responded. She was about to ask about Taehyung but Jimin speak up first.

“You lived in the same neighbourhood with Taehyung, right? Can you pass this to him?” Jimin told her.

“He’s absent today?” Lisa raised her eyebrow.

“You didn’t know? Yes. He rarely absent so I think he must be really sick or something. I’m surprised you didn’t know about this too,” Jimin answered.  

“Sick?” Lisa instantly reminded of what had happened last night.

“Anyway, make sure to pass this to him okay? He needs this for the upcoming singing competition”

“Singing competition?” Lisa look even surprised.

“You know, the one with rehearsal that will be held four days from now” Jimin answered as Lisa take a look at the papers Jimin passed to her. It was lyrics with music scores but Lisa was not familiar with the title at all.

“Ah, these are something that Taehyung and I worked together,” Jimin timidly told her.

“You guys..made songs?”

“Yeah,” Jimin looked shy. “Taehyung insisted he wanted to sing something original so we came up with this. I’m glad he didn’t lose his passion towards music despite his family being unsupportive of his dream” Jimin explained.

“Can’t you just, give this to him yourself?” Lisa gave him an unsure look.

“Ah, the thing is… I have volleyball practise this evening so, I can’t make it to his house” Jimin answered with a guilty smile.

“So please help me this time okay? I promise I will treat you soon for this. Thank you sis-in-law. I’ll be going first”

“W-wait!” Lisa called out but Jimin didn’t stop at all and leave.

“This is weird. Did Rose let Taehyung participate in that singing competition?” Lisa looked rather confused with everything Jimin just told her.

 Meanwhile, Rose was trying to reach Taehyung through the phone.  

“Why isn’t he pick up my call??” Rose muttered in annoyance as she called Taehyung’s number for the third time.

“Hello? Uhuk2 uhuk” Taehyung intentionally coughed out loud as soon as he picked up.

“Where were you?! What, so you’re indeed sick?? Rose said in disbelief because Taehyung look just fine yesterday.

“Yes, uhuk uhuk” Taehyung coughed again before he asked, “Why are you calling at this hour? Don’t you have class?”

“Your song, give me your song” Rose said instead, ignoring Taehyung’s question.

“Song?” It immediately caught Taehyung’s attention. “What do you mean by my song?”

“Your song for the singing competition, you silly. I need to submit it by today” Rose answered with a sigh. There was a pause before Taehyung excitedly exclaimed, “So I really could join the competition?!”

“Now you didn’t sound that sick anymore” Rose said with irritation. “And what are you excited for? You haven’t accomplish the deal yet,”

“Then why are you asking for my song?!” Taehyung excitement turned into disappointment upon hearing Rose’s answer. “Stop playing with my feeling like this” He muttered.

“Just give the title to me” Rose urged. “I’m doing this just in case—“ she paused dramatically when she realized what was about to slip from .

Did I really expect this guys to succeed making Lisa cry before the rehearsal? Rose thought to herself.

“Just in case of what?” Taehyung asked.

“Forget it,” Rose answered after a moment of pause. “Just forget everything I just said. Bye” She told Taehyung and ended the call.

“Huh?? Hello? Yah, Rose?? What the—what was that?” Taehyung titled his head.

“Get a grip of yourself, Rose. This is your chance to escape too, isn’t it?” Rose said to herself as memories from the past invaded her mind.

“Keep it down, will you?! Your voice is not that good but you still keep si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter