Carnival Day III

The Girl Who Never Cry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I texted you,” Lisa said as her fingers fidgeted. “Why didn’t you check your phone even though you’re online just now?”

“Sorry?” Hanbin look a bit taken aback with Lisa’s reaction towards him before he proceed to check his phone.

“Ah.. Sorry, my phone was on silent,”

“…Uhm, I missed the bus” Lisa told him hesitantly.  

“I can send you home now, if you want” Hanbin casually replied and that make Lisa flustered. “No, that’s not what I mean! I can just wait for the next bus,” She said and divert her eyes away from Hanbin, not knowing what else to say.

“Here, the ticket. Sorry for causing you trouble but I really don’t want to waste it” Hanbin let out a small smile.

“You really like this movie that much?” Lisa raised her eyebrows.

“Not really. It just, the tickets come with few free vouchers to be used at the carnival”

“What do you mean?”

“I got these from my coach as a present for winning the friendly match. This ticket worth almost 5 thousand won but with one condition, it only can be used in pair. I was supposed to spend this with Chanwoo-“

“But he couldn’t make it?” Lisa interrupted, showing the ticket Hanbin gave her just now. There was a long pause before Hanbin replied with a nod.

“But don’t worry, I can still get some free popcorns if I watch the movie alone,” He added convincingly.

“You’re right, it does offer a lot of free stuff..” Lisa said after taking a look at the ticket once again.

“But, why me?” Lisa blinked at him, trying to read his expression before he answered. For a second Hanbin look alarmed at Lisa’s sudden question before he replied with another question “Before that, why did you came to the match when you said you wouldn’t?”

“I asked you first?” She looked flustered.

“Well my answer depends on your answer,” Hanbin smirks. Lisa blinked at him in disbelief, but instead of getting angry or annoyed, she found Hanbin’s smirk quite funny.

“You’re being weird” Lisa crossed her arms, somehow holding her smile. She always find it amusing how different Hanbin can be towards her when they’re left alone, like how he completely change into someone else and not the usual cold Hanbin.

“I came to watch the match,” Lisa answered after a long pause. She then glance at Hanbin, giving him the sign to answer her question just now too.

“Because you’re the only free” He replied.

“No way,”

“Yes way”

“How come I’m the only free? I bet you haven’t ask any of our classmates who also came to see the match right?”

“You’re my classmate” Hanbin replied confidently and Lisa instantly knew this conversation is not going anywhere if Hanbin continue to act like that so she just gave up.

“You’re really acting weird today” She remarks half-heartedly and Hanbin let out another smile.

“On a second thought, maybe you’re right. I think I really like this movie after all. Can you please do me the favour?”

Lisa was again caught off guard by Hanbin. Staring at the ticket she was holding, there was a long pause before she replied.

“Are you sure about this? I mean, a lot of our schoolmates could be there” Lisa asked as she keep her head low.

“I don’t think you should be worrying about me,” He let out a small bitter smile and Lisa immediately knew what he’s talking about. Hanbin is right, she should worry about herself if someone see them together. This is Hanbin, the volleyball prince she’s talking about.

“It has been a week since this movie came out at the cinema so I bet they will be less audience now. Besides, we’re not seating together”

“We’re not?” Lisa couldn’t hide her interested face at Hanbin remarks.

“Yours is 88, mine is 68” He replied as he motioned at the ticket Lisa is holding.

“There will be free popcorns and drinks too,” Hanbin added. “Sounds great right?”

“You really like this movie a lot, huh?”  

“I guess I am” He smirks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Oppa, what is our seating number?”

Why did she came here after she told me she wouldn’t?

“Oppa?”

What if she suddenly appeared here and saw me with Yerin? My plan could be spoiled!

 “Yah, Kim Taehyung!” Yerin called out again, finally getting Taehyung turned to her. They’re queuing at the counter to get their tickets for the movie but Yerin can’t help but notice that Taehyung looked so bothered ever since they left the café. He keeps checking his surrounding from time to time, as if he was looking for someone.

“Yes, Yerin??” He answered, looking bewildered.

“I’m really going to get upset if you keep on ignoring me like this,” She pouted.

“Ah sorry, I was just looking out for someone,”

“Who is it? Why are you looking for that person? Is it a boy? Or a girl? Did I know that person?” Yerin finally let out her curiosity she has been holding earlier. She been wanting to ask him but keep on missing the timing.

“I-it’s just a friend, haha” Taehyung answered, silently regretting what just slipped out his mouth. “Don’t worry about it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter