Day Two (Part 2)

The Girl Who Never Cry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’ve been looking for you,” Yerin started. Her voice was calm but her eyes were telling the opposite.

Uh oh. Taehyung didn’t need to look twice to know she’s upset with him.

“Hi Yerin?” He greeted her nervously.  Crap. How can I forget about Yerin?

“Why didn’t you come during lunch?”

“Something urgent came up,” Taehyung gulped.  “I swear I wanted to tell you earlier but I just couldn’t find the chance. Besides, it was..urgent,” His voice shrink at the end, somehow feeling bad.

It is an urgent matter. I guess. Taehyung thought to himself as Lisa flash through his mind.

“The least you can do is text me?” Yerin sighed, obviously unhappy with his answer. “I was waiting for you till lunch break was over,”

“You did?” Taehyung looked surprised. “I’m sorry, really”

“What’s the urgent matter anyway?”

“It’s—“ Taehyung paused.

“It’s something to do with the coming competition,” His voice shrink again.

“Hm,“ Yerin sighed again with her arms crossed. “If I didn’t bumped with you here, I bet you won’t even bother to find me, isn’t it?”

“What? No,” Taehyung instantly denied.

“Look, it wasn’t intentional okay?” Taehyung said softly.  “I’m sorry I kept you waiting, I feel bad. I truly am. But, it just can’t be help. You know how important that competition to me, right?”

Yerin didn’t respond but just stare at him, looking not amused.   

“I promised I’ll make up to you soon. A day, just for you” Taehyung added, half pleading.

“Okay?”

“Fine,” She replied, finally giving in. She knew she can’t stay mad at him for too long anyway.

“You better keep your promise,”

“Don’t worry, I will!” Taehyung apologetically smiled. “So enough with that sour face? Come on. It really doesn’t suit you. Hm? Hmm?” He said as he deliberately move his face closer to her.

“Yah, stop that!” Yerin angrily push him away but she’s already subconsciously smiling. Seeing that, Taehyung feel an urge of relief.

“I like it better when you smile like that,”

“Hmph,” Yerin made a face. “You better come tomorrow,”

“Tomorrow.?”

“What?” Yerin narrowed her eyes, looking alarmed by his respond.

“No, I mean,” Taehyung quickly fixed his expression.  

“Yeah, see you tomorrow,” He replied half-heartedly. Yerin stares at him for a few second before she decided to let it go. She knew something is not right but there’s nothing she can do for now. Her driver has been motioning at her to hurry for quite a moment now.

“I’ll bring something delicious for lunch tomorrow,” She heave another sigh, ready to leave.

“So you better keep your promise,” She said with a glare.

“Don’t worry, I will” He assured before Yerin leaves.

“What should I do?” He scratched his head, feeling sorry and somewhat confused. “I didn’t meant to lie but I hate to see her getting upset like that,” Taehyung mumbles to himself.  

“Argh! I wish I could finish this quickly! Is it possible if I could make that cold hearted girl cry today?” He said in frustration.

“Where the hell is she anyway??”

~~~~~~~

I’ve been walking around the library for quite a while but I haven’t seen anyone that looking for me. Is it a wrong sender?

“The sun is up,”

That startled me. I instantly turned to that voice. This situation seems familiar. “Is that..?”

Hanbin. What is he doing here? I never see him in the library before.

“The sky is blue,” He continued reading out loud. His tone sounds funny. I don’t think he should read that out loud in the library. I slowly approach him but he didn’t seem to notice me yet.

“Today is beautiful,”

A poem?

“And so are you,” He said dramatically as he put the book down and look at me, making me froze.

“A poem by, unknown” He calmly added and looked away.

So he was reciting a poem after all.  That startled me. But isn’t this is a thesis section?

“This book is quite good,”

“I never knew you have a thing for books or poetry,” I bluntly commented. He stares at me for a few second before he turn away as he scoffed.

“Well,” He paused. “Maybe because you never care?”

I was a bit taken aback by his statement but where are the lies though?

“Right,” I reply short. He is right, I never care about anything or anyone except few people in my life. I should keep it that way. Nevertheless, that was quite embarrassing. What am I doing here anyway? Oh right, the message.

 “Hey” He called out and I turned around facing him again.

“Here,”

“What’s this?” I give him a confused look. Why does he always like to give me something out of the blue?

“Ticket for our high school final volleyball competition, this weekend,”  

“Oh,” I replied, not real

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter