Awkward First Move

The Girl Who Never Cry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4: Awkward first move (EDITED) 

ZZEET. ZZEET. ZZEET.

With one swipe, I snoozed the alarms on my phone for the third time since I actually woke up. Didn’t even bother to check the time, I kept my stares at the ceiling with zero intention of going out from my bed, yet. What happened yesterday have intensely bothering me since last night.

First, why her? Why it must be her, that cold hearted girl out of everyone else?  

Everything that happened yesterday instantly flashback inside my head. I can still hear Rose’s voice loud and clear.

Make Lisa cry and I’ll accept your registration for the contest.

I don’t get it. I really don’t get it. Isn’t Lisa is her best friend?

Lalisa Manoban, the infamous cold hearted girl in our school. She’s in the same class with Rose, who is also her best friend. Everyone knows that. Strangely, this cold hearted girl also happened to be my neighbour. I remembered mom mentioned it once that she only live with her mom and that’s it. That’s all I know about her.

“That’s all I know about her?” I sat up on my bed, couldn’t believe what I just discovered.

“Wait, how am I supposed to make her cry then?”

“KIM TAEHYUNG! WAKE—“ Mom suddenly burst into my room but stopped middle way when she saw me sitting there, wide awake.

“You’re awake?” Mom blinked in disbelief.

“Yeah mom. Your handsome son is awake,” I told her as I get up and grab my towel. I could still feel mom’s staring at me from a distance.

“Is that really my son?” Mom titled her head in confusion.

I headed to the bus stop with heavy feeling. The deal has been bothering me more than I thought. I wonder if I should tell Jimin about this, maybe he could save me from this misery. Oh and Yerin too, since she’s a girl. Who else? Jin hyung? My eyes flickered in hope. That’s right, Jin hyung probably know what to do! Deep in my own thought, I was suddenly distracted by a tall slim figure who just overtake me from behind, walking in a fast pace.

Heol, talk of the devil. That’s her, Lalisa Manoban. Weird, we rarely run into each other here. Glancing at my watch, I instantly could figure out why. She must be a regular passenger for the final bus. Just look at her, she look like she just woke up with that hair bed. Me on the other hand usually take the earlier bus thanks to mom who never fail to wake me up on time.

“Thankfully I managed to make it on time, again” I heard she sighed, didn’t notice my presence yet. Casually, she took out a mirror and starting to comb her hair using her fingers. She comb it twice before she stopped, finally noticing me staring at her. Our eyes locked for a few second and I instantly feel a tingle in my stomach. Is this a sign? I took one deep breath and proceed to sit beside her. Glancing sideway, I decided to make my first move.

“What a nice weather today!” I cleared my throat before speaking and turned to her.

“Don’t you think so?” I force a smile but instantly regretted what I just said when I saw her glancing weirdly at the dark sky. 

“Are you talking to me?” She made a face and I awkwardly nods with a nervous giggle.

“Who else could it be? It was just us two here,” I said.

“Um, okay. Nice weather,” She replied. She didn’t even bother to hide her displease face while glancing at me coldly.

“So do you always take the last bus to school?” I tried to make conversation again but instead of actually replying, she just nods. What an unfriendly person. The bus then came and she with no hesitant went inside before I could say anything more. Well, this already look like a bad start. I didn’t need to look twice to know she didn’t want me to sit beside her but I did it anyway.

“Do you mind if I sit here?”

“Sorry if I scared you at the bus stop” I started. “I’m Kim Taehyung from 3-1C, we already met the other day. I don’t know if you know this but we’re neighbours,” I said, looking at her nervously but she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter