14 Days

The Girl Who Never Cry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 15 (EDITED)

Meanwhile at Taehyung’s house, he had just finished his shower. Casually humming to some random tune, he was about to jump into his bed when his phone suddenly rang.

“Who?” He raised an eyebrow at the unknown number but continue to answer it anyway.

“Hello?” Taehyung answered.

“KiM.. Taehyung?” The voice replied, sounded nervous. It was a girl but Taehyung was not familiar with her voice.

 “Who is this?” He asked.

“This is Rose speaking,” Rose replied after a pause and Taehyung’s eyes instantly widened in shock. He never give Rose his number and he have no idea why she is calling at this hour.

“How on earth did you get my number??”

“From your contest form, you idiot.”

“Ah… W-why? Is there anything you want to talk about?” Taehyung gulped nervously even though he slightly have a hunch of what Rose is about to say.

“I heard that you already made your move with Lisa today” Rose started. “But it failed, isn’t it?”

“Of course she would know about that,” Taehyung murmured.

“I tried.” Taehyung sighed, didn’t want to comment anything about his failure. Silently, he prepared himself for whatever that will come out from Rose’s mouth. He deserves it after all. However, all he could hear is the sound of his fan swirling in his room, giving him the slightest feel of cold air.

“Er.. are you ther—“

“... what’s next?”

“What do you mean by what’s next?” Taehyung replied, surprised by Rose respond. He was expecting some harsh warning but instead, he got a question.

“You are not... mad?” he bluntly asked out of curiosity. Rose didn’t instantly answer but let out a long sigh. “You should have asked me about it first, you silly. I know your method won’t ever work on Lisa. I’ve tried it before.”

“WHAT! You should have told me!” Taehyung’s jaw dropped.

“You never asked.”

“Well.. yes but you could have just said me so that i would know!” He replied in irritated voice. “Not only I have failed, I probably made Lisa hate me more than she has!”

“And why is that EVEN my fault?” Rose replied coldly with a hint of disappointment. “Who asked you to use such method anyway? I warned you not to hurt her right?” Taehyung bit his lip again, knowing he is somehow at fault.

“Right? I warned you. You didn’t listen.” Rose replied, knowing she is right.

“Do you really expect me to make her cry without hurting her?!” Taehyung countered. “And for your information missy, I did prepare for the worse. I bought some milk to soothe the spiciness!”

“Tsk. Stop boasting about your useless effort. Did you even give it to her?”

Taehyung gulped. “I, I leave it in front of her house just now...” He uttered. “Since she asked me not to bother her anymore.” Another big sigh escaped Rose’s lip.

“And you actually listened to her? Wow Kim Taehyung. I didn’t know you have such obedience. I wonder why you didn’t listen to me when I asked you to quit the singing competition. Hah?” Rose scoffed sarcastically. Taehyung silently cursed because he knew he can’t win this argument.

“Fine. I’m sorry! Is that what you want to hear?”

“Ugh. No!” Rose let out a sigh again. Frustration is building up inside both of them and they know it. But neither of them is backing off.

“Listen,” Rose demanded, breaking the silence. “You started this so I expect you to finish it. Make Lisa cry and I’ll let you in into the competition. As simple as that. I know it’s not easy to make someone cry without hurting them but,” Rose paused, searching for the right word to say it. “But, please don’t hurt her more than she already is. At least, not physically.” She continued, sounded pleading.

There was a long pause before Taehyung responded. “I don’t understand you, really. You want her to cry but at the same time you don’t want to hurt her? You are so confusing!”

Rose stiffened at the truth laid in Taehyung’s statement.

“I, I don’t expect you to understand.” She replied short and both of them went silent for a few moment. “Anyway, let me know if you have come out with a new plan. I don’t think it’s going to work if we only depend on that brain of yours.”

Taehyung was obviously upset at her comment, but he keeps his mouth shut.

“And let me remind you again. You only have around two weeks left. Or else,” Rose paused dramatically. “You can kiss that singing competition goodbye.” She said firmly and ended the phone.

“Damn!” Taehyung threw his phone on his bed out of frustration. “That girl is really a pain in the !”

2 weeks? How the hell am I going to make that cold hearted girl cry in just two weeks?

“Argh!!” He lays back on his bed as he whines.

“What should

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter