Carnival Day

The Girl Who Never Cry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Day 7 

“Taehyung oppa!”

“Oh Yerin! You’ve come” Taehyung greeted her, looking rather startled.

“What’s with that look? Not happy to see me?” Yerin chuckled.

“Of course not,” Taehyung instantly denied. “It just, I was surprised you’re here early”

“Huh? What are you talking about oppa?” Yerin raised her brows questioningly. “I never late to our meeting” She chuckled again.

There was a pause before Taehyung answered with a small laugh too, “Right haha”

Right, this is Yerin. Taehyung subconsciously let out a small sigh. He couldn’t help but thought of Lisa who always made him rush to catch the bus in the morning.

“Oho, did you put on some makeup?” Taehyung gave Yerin another surprised look.

“W-why? Does it look bad?” Yerin look flustered. She didn’t expect Taehyung would notice her “no makeup look” that day, which was done by professional at the saloon. She purposely put extra effort to look nice for Taehyung.

“No, you look nice,” Taehyung bluntly answered. Little did he know his comment made Yerin flattered. The extra effort and money she put on her appearance today instantly feel paid off.

“I wouldn’t notice if you didn’t stand this close to me though,” Taehyung commented but Yerin was too busy smiling to herself and so she didn’t hear it. 

“Anyway, where should we go first?”

“Hmmmmm I’m not sure too. I seldom came to this area,” Yerin replied as her eyes roamed around. Nothing really caught her interest yet because for her being with Taehyung is enough.

“Let’s just look around first” Taehyung said after a moment’s of thought and Yerin gladly follow his lead.

~~~

Lisa POV

“Mom, I’m going to the carnival” I purposely said it half-shouting on my way out because she is nowhere to be seen. Right before I was about to exit the house, she appeared from the kitchen with a worry look as she said, “Don’t you have better clothes to wear?” She gave me a weird look that force me to take a glance at my appearance; an oversize grey hoodie with baggy pants and black sneakers. Looks alright to me.

“Besides, I thought Rose couldn’t make it?” Mom added before I could answer her first question.

“I’m actually going alone,” I replied and I saw mom slightly flinched. Her reaction makes me feel obliged to explain it more but I choose not to say anything.  

“I won’t be long” I told her and hurriedly exited the house before mom got to ask anything else. To be frank, I don’t know why I’m doing this either.

I need you to come.

“What does it mean that he need me to come?” I muttered to myself. What Hanbin said has been bothering me since last night.

“I’m just going to take a look, that’s all” Lost in my own thought, I didn’t even realized the bus already arrived at the town. Putting on my hoodie cap, I head up straight to the volleyball court. I noticed a lot of familiar faces from my school. Sora and her gang stands out the most thanks to their gigantic JIMIN sign and their energetic cheers.

“Chance ball!” Someone shouted and my focus immediately shifted to the court. I missed the first half of the game but the scored showed that our school is falling behind.

“Left!” Bobby called out to Hanbin but Hanbin miss the timing to make the pass. Luckily their teammate was there to save it.

“Over here!” This time it was Jimin who called out and second later, he smash the ball to the other side of the court.

 “OUT!” The referee declared and they were an obvious disappointment in Hanbin’s team faces. I thought they’re going to get that point too.

“Yah Kim Hanbin!” Bobby glared at Hanbin.

“My bad, let’s get the next one” Hanbin replied calmly but he obviously looked guilty.

“It’s okay, It’s okay, it’s okay!” Sora’s voice echoed through the crowd and second later, her gang started to cheer up loudly too.

“Their captain seem a bit off today, don’t you think so?” The person behind me said to his friend.

“You’re right. He look a bit timid” His friend answered. Captain? My eyes deliberately look for the yellow captain bandage and it lead me to Hanbin.

~~~~

“What the hell is wrong with you today?” Bobby asked in annoyance.  “This is only a friendly match but we got some reputation to take care of you know?”

“I know. We will get them back later” Hanbin replied as he wipes his sweaty face. Hanbin look calm as always but Bobby knew something is bothering him that day.  

“Don’t tell me it’s because of that girl?” Bobby looked at Hanbin and Bobby instantly knew he was right.

“Damn it,” Bobby sighed.

“……..It has been 3 years, you know? Nothing has changed, you’re still the school top athlete and she’s still the cold hearted girl. Besides, she didn’t even wish you on your birthday, again,” Bobby added bitterly.  

“….Shut up,” Hanbin finally responded, purposely didn’t look back at Bobby. Subconsciously, the memories from 3 years ago started to replay inside his head as he stared blankly at his red bottle.

“We’re so done,” Donghyuk said in disbelief as he stared at the shattered pieces of window on the ground.

“Yah, what happened—Heol, no way” Junhoe arrived with Chanwoo and they instantly looked terrified. The trio was on the way to the volleyball court when Junhoe accidentally broke one of the school library’s window while playing around with Chanwoo.

“L-let’s run before someone se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter