Let's Break Up

The Girl Who Never Cry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Still Day 11

“Sorry, I didn’t notice you were here too,” Yerin said, still smiling at Lisa. Lisa didn’t respond and she couldn’t hide her uncomfortable expression towards Yerin.

“Ah, please don’t get us wrong. Taehyung and I are best friend since we were kids,” Yerin told her as she cling to Taehyung’s arm.

“Huh?” Taehyung flinched. Yerin never act this way before which took him off guarded.

“We were just a good friend, nothing more than that,” Yerin remarked.

“That’s right, we were just friend!” Taehyung agreed as he put Yerin arms away from his hand. Yerin feel hurt but she make sure it didn’t shows on her face.

“I hope you’re not jealous or anything, okay?” Yerin didn’t back down yet. “Ah, but then,” Yerin pretend to be surprised as she continues, “It might be wrong for you to feel jealous when you already made your decision right?” She fake a sorry look at Lisa and then to Taehyung.

“What..decision?” Taehyung looked alarmed.

“I’ll let you guys settle it,” Yerin fake a sigh.

“What decision?” Taehyung asked again but instead of replying, Yerin checked on her watch instead.

“Oh, look at the time. I need to go now,” Yerin told them with a smile.

“If you want to know, you should ask your girlfriend. She have the answer,” Yerin told Taehyung and walked away. As she passed Lisa, she stopped and said in a lower voice, “Don’t back out now,”

“I won’t” Lisa answered with a straight face and Yerin continues to walk away. Once Yerin leaves with her car, Taehyung straight away asked Lisa.

“What was that? What decision?”

“Walk me home,” Lisa replied instead and walk away. Taehyung looked confused for a while because that’s the first time Lisa ever asked him that when she has been pushing him away all these time.  

“Wait!” He quickly went after her.

“What is this about? Why Yerin know something that I don’t?”

“Do you remember the story I told about my father and younger brother?” Lisa asked back.

“..Yeah,” Taehyung answered short.

“I genuinely feel it is my fault that my father died that night,” Lisa said. “But I am not a murderer,”

“What?? Who said that nasty thing to you?! Of course you’re not!” Taehyung replied.

“So I kicked that person who said that to me in the face” Lisa said with a straight face. 

“You what?” Taehyung look at her in disbelief.

“And I didn’t regret it at all,” Lisa added. Taehyung couldn’t find the right word to reply and so they went silence as they approach Lisa’s house.

“I’m telling you this because this is the kind of person I am,” Lisa stopped and look at Taehyung.

“People said that I am a cold person and I can’t deny that. I am bad with expressing my feelings and I look unbothered all the time,” Still fixing her eyes on Taehyung, Lisa clenched both of her fists as she continues, “I don’t know why are you doing this but I already rejected you many times before. You should know that the choice to leave is in your hand,”

“I’m sorry!” Taehyung said as he wrapped his arms on Lisa’s shoulder. 

“I’m sorry I couldn’t protect you!”

“No one asked you to protect me, you ” Lisa said, standing still in his arms.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter