Day One (Part 2)

The Girl Who Never Cry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Yah, cold hearted girl!”

Lisa was only a few steps away from the library entrance when someone calls her from behind. It wasn’t familiar but she got a feeling that she know this person. Bobby? She thought to herself. I mean, who else would openly call me with that stupid nickname?

It didn’t surprise Lisa to know that she’s right when she turns around. It is Bobby. Lisa purposely make a face as he stands in front of her.

 “As expected from the cold hearted girl. Your attitude is really something,” Bobby comments with a playful smirk.

“What?” Lisa asks half-heartedly.

“Are you free this evening?”

 “Huh?” She stares at him blankly. What did he just asked?

“Are you free this evening?” Bobby repeats.

“This evening?—“

“This evening, would you joing me on a date after your duty at the library is over?”

Lisa instantly froze when the note she found earlier crossed her mind.

No way.

 “. . .Why are you suddenly asking me that?” Lisa give him a creeped-out-look. The thought that it could be Bobby who wrote that note makes her feel genuinely weird.

“Why can’t I?”

“Because it doesn’t makes sense?”

“Which part of my question does not make sense to you?”

“All of it,” Lisa replies, didn’t even bother to hide her sour expression. “It makes me uncomfortable, hearing that from you,”

“Heol,” Bobby shakes his head at her respond.  “Can you just answer my question? Yes or No?”

Lisa stares at him, contemplating. There was a long pause before she finally respond.

“I’m on duty,”

“What? Where? Library?” Bobby look surprise to hear that but Lisa simply responds with a nod.

“You have your answer—”

“I thought your duty is on Thursday?”

Lisa was stuns again. The only people who would know about her duty schedule at the library are the librarians and Rose. She didn’t remember telling anyone else, especially Bobby. 

“Err Hanbin told me,” Bobby says as if he had read her mind, surprising her more.

“How did Hanbin know something like that?” Lisa narrows her eyes, curious.

“I don’t know,” Bobby answers. “I guess you need to ask him that. In fact, you better tell him this too,”

“What do you mean by this?”

“Tell him that you’re not free this evening, you fool”

“Why should I tell him that?” Lisa give him another weird look.

“Because he is the one who ask me to ask you, duh” Bobby replies with a shrug, as if it’s not a big deal. Well, for Lisa. It is a big deal.

“Hanbin, what??” Her jaw drops. She didn’t see that coming at all.

“You heard me right,” Bobby heave a small sigh. “It’s Hanbin who ask if you’re free or not this evening,”

“And nope, don’t ask me why or what or anything,” He continue in a hushed tone before Lisa could say another word.   “All I know is I’ve done my work and now I want to go home. If you’re that curious, go and ask him yourself. You have his number right? I bet you have,”

“I don’t,” Lisa replied.

“Well, what a shame. But that’s not my problem either. Okay, I’m out of here,”

“Yah! Wait—” Lisa tries to stop him but her voice shrinks at the end. She knew Bobby is going to ignore her anyway. She helplessly watch him walk away, slowly disappears from her view.

“Hanbin?”

~~~~~

“Because he is the one who ask me to ask you if you’re free or not this evening,”

Bobby’s voice resonates inside my head again and I heave another deep sigh. I lost count on how much I’ve been sighing since the encounter with Bobby. What he said keeps bothering me, no matter how much I try to get it off my mind and try to focus on my work.

Why Bobby? Why didn’t Hanbin ask me himself?

Why would he want to know if I’m free or not this evening?

Does this mean Hanbin is the one who left the note inside my locker?

But why would he do that? I mean, he isn’t the type of person that do something like that.

Or could it be that Bobby just want to mess with me?

“Ugh,” I hissed in frustration. How I wish I didn’t found that note. All these questions are driving me crazy because no answer seems to make any sense. I timidly pause when I feel my phone vibrates inside my left pocket.

H: Good evening Lisa. This is Hara. I have something urgent to do at home so I’ll be leaving early today. I apologize for any inconvenience and I hope for your understanding.”

L: Alright. Noted that.

H: I’ll cover some of your work next time. Truly sorry for troubling you. I hope you didn’t take it personally *sad emoji*”

Her last sentence got me thinking. Am I that scary?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter