The Cold-Hearted Girl

The Girl Who Never Cry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Chapter 1: The Cold Hearted Girl (EDITED)

“Lisa, get up now or you’ll be late for school again!”

“It’s still early…”Lisa groaned whilst still laying in her bed, unmoved.

“You only have less than 15 minutes to get ready if you want to make it to the bus top in time”

“What?!”

Another chaotic morning for Lalisa Manoban, a high school student at Mokbang High School. Just like what her mom, Madam Seo had mentioned, Lisa precisely got dressed and ready for school in 15 minutes time before she rushed for breakfast. She always choose breakfast over combing her hair bed.

“Why can’t you be early for once?” Her mom shook her head in disbelief.

“I’m fine,” Lisa replied and continue to shove two pieces of bread into , ignoring his mom glared.

“See you later!” She told her mom and exited their house. Lisa didn’t waste any second and rushed to the bus stop. It only took her less than 10 minutes from the intersection of her house to reach the bus stop. She reached the bus stop just in time for the final bus.

“Good morning, Lisa” MR JYP, the bus conductor greeted Lisa with his fatherly smile.

“Morning,” Lisa smiled back and proceed to sit at her usual spot, near the window. She never intentionally wanted to be late for school but a part of her actually like it because the final bus usually less crowded. The passengers are mostly workers too and not students.

“Honey, come on. Don’t cry anymore” An elder who was seating two rows from Lisa caught her attention. He is persuading his wife who was sobbing softly besides him.

“He will be okay right? He’s my only grandson. What if something happen to him?” The wife replied, sobbing harder as she leans on her husband’s shoulder. The husband slowly patted her back while let out a deep sigh. Watching them for behind, Lisa get a tight feeling in her chest.

“It must feel nice, to be able to cry your heart out when you’re sad,” Lisa sighed as she stares aimlessly outside the window.

10 years? 11 years? When was the last time I cried?

~~~

Lisa’s morning started with PE class. Her class, 3-1A was combined with 3-1C for a volleyball friendly match as their activity for that day.

“Lisa, have you heard about it?” Rose, Lisa’s only best friend asked after she took a gulp of her water.

“About what?” Lisa replied, looking curious.

“About the singing contest in our school!” Rose said excitedly. “Listen, the winner will be given a chance to attend an audition at one of the BIG3 companies. From what I heard, the winner will have more than 90% chances of getting recruited. Amazing isn’t it?”

Lisa only smiled at Rose’s reaction. She knew better than anyone else that Rose always passionate in singing and becoming an artists. Sounds like a good opportunity to achieve her life time dream.

“Will your parents allowed it?” Lisa asked and Rose’s expression instantly turned grim.

“I haven’t tell them about this yet,” She replied weakly. “But having a strict parent won’t stop me this time,” Rose added afterwards, looking determination.

“Anyway, would you like to give it a try? I’ll be handling the registration” Rose winked at her and Lisa just scoffed.

“No thanks,” She replied short.

“Hmph. Don’t coming to me crying if I did become a successful artist in the future,”

“I wish I could,” Lisa said after a moment of pause and Rose instantly twitched.

“I’m sorry Lisa. I didn’t mean that,” She looked worriedly at Lisa, feeling guilty.

“There you go again, with that expression. It’s not like it’s your fault I couldn’t cry,” Lisa said.

Maybe for others, it was nothing but for Rose, she feel like it is a sensitive thing for Lisa. Why? Because Lisa suffered from a strange disease which prevent her from crying under any circumstances. It was one and half year ago when Rose noticed Lisa didn’t shade any tears after she ate one teaspoonful of wasabi. Worried, Rose insisted Lisa to meet the Doctor and she was diagnosed with that disease, known as Lacrimal Gland. No matter if Lisa was bullied, beat up or even the death of her dog, Lisa never shade a tear. It’s not because she didn’t want to, but because she can’t.

“Rose,” Lisa called out for Rose, bringing her back to the presence. “I’m going to buy some drinks. You want some?”

“Mango flavour,” Rose answered and Lisa just nodded.

“Our class is leading,” Lisa said to herself as she walks on the side of the court where the volleyball match is currently happening. Slowly, her eyes search and then fixed to someone inside the court.

“Hanbin definitely is on fire today,” She commented.  Hanbin is Lisa’s classmates and also the leader for their volleyball team hence Lisa could spot him without any difficulty.

“Hanbin oppa~!” Girl’s voice echoed inside the hall when Hanbin managed to score a point.

“He’s popular as ever,” Lisa muttered

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter