Cuffs - 9

Cell # 5
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey chingus! Ready for another update? Here you go! 

Thank you to all our subscribers and upvotes! 

Peace yow! ✌

----------

SONG QIAN'S POV

 

Days and weeks passed, 1024 eventually started to be more open about herself to us.


There was one night that I woke up and heard the two of them whispering at each other. I didn’t dare move on my position and just listened to them talking. She’s really comfortable now with Amber like how she is comfortable talking to me.


I can feel the sadness in Amber’s voice as she answered 1024 when the latter said not to call her Angel anymore. Then it all changed when 1024 told her Soojung...


Her real name.


She finally decided to use her precious name again and drop 1024 behind. The sad, ghost-like girl we met when she first came here.


I can’t help but smile on this feat we had. Puppy will be happy to hear about it and maybe tease Amber again.


The llama obviously has some attraction on the younger one and she’s hiding it inefficiently.


Morning came and Soojung announced to us over breakfast to start calling her in her true name. I can see how she has changed for the better and that’s good. Puppy and Ssul came to her and shouted group hug. I joined them and saw Amber hesitating on her seat.


“Yah! Amber! Come on group hug!” Puppy called her. She was scratching her head looking shy and smiling.


“Haha... I’ll just stay here and watch you girls.”


“Don’t you want to have a group hug with us?! I order you now, move your and join us!”


“Eomma...” she looked at me with hesitation and glanced at Soojung who was that time giggling with Ssul.


I understood what she meant and just smiled at her. She’s afraid that if she hugs Soojung, it might trigger something on the girl. Amber is still cautious especially on how she initiate skinship with the latter.


“It’s okay Puppy, maybe Amber is a little bit shy when it comes on this thing. Let her be!” she nodded and gave me a smile of gratitude.


Puppy suggested that we have an introduction again, we will introduce ourselves one by one and tell our stories on why we are inside.


“I’ll go first girls!” the con artist cleared and started her introduction.


“My name is Park Sunyoung and you can call me Puppy.”


“Hi Puppy!” we chorused giggling like kids.

 

“I’m here because of swindling and fraud... I have swindled a lot of rich people by pretending to be a nun, a police woman, and all kinds of characters I come up just to get money from them.” she chuckled then played with her hands while looking down. “Don’t think that I do it to everyone... I only did that crimes to rich people who doesn’t even give a to help those persons who are in need. Part of the money I get from them I give to the orphanages around the city. I was caught in an entrapment operation and all I can do is plead guilty. I was sentenced for 10 years because of all the multiple cases filed against me by the people I have swindled. So now I’m already in my 4th year! I still have 6 years till I get out of here and open my laundry business!” we clapped our hands when she bowed to us.

 

The next was Ssul who was sitting beside Puppy rubbing her hands “Ummm... My name is Choi Jinri and you can call me Ssul..”

 

“Hi Ssul!” we chorused again and smiled at her. She took a deep breath and opened up herself.


“I’m here because of attempted murder...” Amber and Soojung looked at each other then at me. I gave them a slight nod indicating that it’s true. Only me and Puppy knows about Ssul’s charge that’s why the two of them are a bit surprised to hear it for the first time.


“I tried to poison my Step Father because... He... He...” Soojung held Ssul’s hand and I saw how they shared a look of support to each other. Puppy patted her back telling her it’s okay.


“You can do it Ssul... You’re a strong girl..” I told her in support. She nodded and smiled before she dropped her story.


“My real father died when I was 9 years old... I don’t even remember how Dad died. When I turned 12, my mother remarried when she met this guy whom she met through a friend. My new step father was a nice man and provider... He gave everything my mother and I need and gave us a comfortable life.” she bit her lips and sighed. “That was what I thought..” she let out a bitter smile then continued “When I turned 15, that’s when my ordeal started...”


“Ssul...” Amber reached for Ssul’s shoulder giving her a pat “You don’t have to continue if you feel uncomfortable.”


“I can do it Hyung don’t worry..” she smiled and continued “Mom was on a business trip that time and will be arriving in 2 days time. He came home drunk and entered my room... He me...” she held on Soojung’s hand tightly and sighed. “He threatened me that if I tell my mother about it he will kill me and Mom. I was scared that’s why I kept it to myself. That was the start of my nightmare... Whenever Mom is away or even when Mom is just a room away and sleeping, he will come to my room and use me. It continued until I graduated from High School... When I was accepted for University studies I was really happy because finally I can get away from him. For me, living in the dorms of the university is more safer than living in our own house. That’s what I thought...”


“What do you mean?” Soojung asked her, listening intently.


Amber, me, and Puppy are actually on alert in case something about Ssul’s story will trigger Soojung’s anxiety but luckily there’s none. But still, I can see Amber was very attentive on the younger one’s expression and movements.


“He was threatening me that he will tell my mother he and I has a relationship. Since my mother is so in love with him, for sure she will believe him than I. So I gave in to his threats and meets him in a motel near the university anytime he wants... I feel like a e while having that kind of life. The only difference was I don’t even earn money from it... I dropped out of school without telling my mother when I found I was pregnant with his baby. He found out about it and brought me to an abortion clinic and had the baby taken out of me..”


Soojung gave Ssul a side hug comforting her friend. When Ssul told me and Puppy about her story before, we literally cried and cursed his step father. I can’t believe he has the guts to do it on a young teen girl who was just starting to enjoy her life.


“Don’t worry Soojung, I’m already over it and has been praying for the soul of my poor unborn baby even if it was still a speck of blood inside me.” Ssul jokingly sniggered and patted her friend’s hand.

 

“After that he made me live in an apartment and continued to lie on my mother that I was in the university. He will go to the apartment and act like we are a couple... I was really disgusted with what he did to me. I realized that I have to stop it, what he was doing to me. I went to my mother and confessed to her all the disgusting and unforgivable things his husband did to me. The sad part about it is Mom didn’t believe me and even accused me of seducing my step father that’s why he did it. I was really devastated... Imagine my own mother not believing her own child.”


“When he found out that I told Mom about it, he was so mad and started hitting me. That’s when I told myself it has to stop. And the only way for my nightmare to stop is to have him be erased on this world. One night that he came to the apartment, I executed my plan. I served him his favorite meal without him knowing that I added poison on it. Long story short, I thought he’s dead and I left him there and went to the police to admit my crime. But the devil seems like he has 9 lives because a neighbor came and heard him tapping the door. Instead of murder I only got Attempted murder and was sentenced 5 years imprisonment. So I still have 3 years till I finish this then continue my studies after I get out.”


Ssul didn’t regret what she did. She told me she wished that guy just died but he didn’t. The only consolation is a month after she was sentenced and brought here, the news of her step father suffering from Stage 3 Prostate Cancer was informed to her by her own mother who had the nerve to visit her daughter and throw harsh words even blaming her daughter on what’s happening to her husband. So he’s basically suffering slowly but surely.


We all clapped our hands and gave Ssul a big hug except Amber who was contented on patting Ssul’s back.


“So who’s next?” Puppy asked eyeing me.


Hmmm.... Okay..


“Qian... It’s your turn..” Puppy smiled at me and I nodded while looking at them all.


I took a deep breath and waved at them in a cheery manner. “Annyeong! My name is Song Qian but you can call me Qian or Eomma. I’m originally from a very affluent family from China and not a daughter of a mafia boss like Ssul said before. I transferred here in Korea because I married a rich heir to their company through arranged marriage. I was a Clinical Psychologist...” I said those last words with a smile while looking at Soojung who obviously was surprised when she heard it.


Yes... The reason why Director Kwon asked me to take care of Soojung is because she knew about my profession before. I was a clinical psychologist working with the police force dealing with cases such as domestic abuse and . She knew I can help Soojung like how I helped Ssul before when she first came.


Of course I’m not just a spoiled rich Chinese brat! I’m educated and has my own profession, that’s the reason my husband Changmin and I had our differences. Even though it’s an arranged marriage, we grew to love each other. Instead of giving him a baby, I was too busy working and helping people. That’s why he started to get involved with someone other than me...


“Hi Qian!” They all chorused and I think I even heard Moon Byul, Minzy, and Bom yelling from their cells.


“I’m here because of murder...actually it's Voluntary Manslaughter because I acted during 'The heat of passion'. My of a husband didn’t know that I will be coming home early from my trip from the US where I attended a seminar. I was going to surprise him because it’s our wedding anniversary and will tell him I’m ready to have a child with him. When I entered our room, I was the one who was surprised.” I chuckled remembering the past and shook my head smiling bitterly. “I saw him in the bed with his best friend..”

 

The three younger ones were quiet, waiting on what I will say further. Only Puppy knows my whole story that’s why she was looking at me with a kind smile.


“You haven’t heard the best part..” I smiled jokingly at them chuckling. They look so confuse because I was smiling. “Kids don’t look at me like I’m crazy! It’s just that whenever I remember it instead of being angry and sad again, I conditioned myself to just laugh at it now.” they nodded their heads and listened.


“His best friend was a guy... And my husband was the bottom. He was being ed by his best friend right there on our matrimonial bed.” Amber’s jaw dropped when she heard what I said. Ssul and Soojung looked at each other then at me with widen eyes. Puppy was quietly laughing, scratching her eyebrow.


“What the ...”


“...”


“Wow...”


“Hahaha.... My husband... Oh my God I hope he rest in peace.... He was w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter