Cuffs - 44

Cell # 5
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey chingus! Here's our update for today! 

Thank you to all our subscribers and upvoters 😊

Peace yow ✌

-------

 

 


Soojung’s POV

 


Months went by and our business is doing good. Sooyeon unnie and I started adding drinks in the menu then some cupcakes and cookies too. Since unnie has a lot of friends in the entertainment industry aka those artists that she did the make-ups before and fellow professional make-up artists, our Bakeshop became famous via word of mouth and in SNS too that a lot started hanging out.

 

We bought the space beside our shop and had the store renovated. Now its wide so a lot of customers will fit in, just additional tables and chairs plus the ambiance of a Modern French Boulangerie. It was a hit to those who just wants to hang out and have coffee and smell newly baked bread, read books or just chill.

 

Since the business is growing, we decided to take in two staffs to help us. Guess who it is…

 

Hahaha… Moon Byul and Park Dara.

 

They already completed their sentence so I decided to give them work and start anew. Solar, Wheein, and Hwasa went home to their hometown leaving Byul alone in Seoul. She said she’s not going back there because her family won’t take her in. While Chae Lin unnie was welcomed by her boyfriend and is now planning to get married. Minzy will continue her studies and is now back with her family while Bom didn’t say where she is heading. Dara stayed in Seoul too because her family is back in the Philippines where her father is working.

 

I told them that the salary is not that big considering that we are still starting but their accommodation is free since I have the second floor of the shop converted into rooms where unnie and I stay when we take a break. There are 3 rooms with a bathroom each inside, all with a double bed except my room because it has a King bed hehehe… I like big, wide beds because I can roll like a burritto when I’m lazy. There’s also a small closet and a TV inside and all with windows facing the street.

 

The two of them quickly said yes with big smile on their faces. Even though that the pay is small they still considered it because they have nowhere to go.

 

“Its okay Soojung… What’s important is we have a place to stay and money to earn to feed our mouths. And we trust you…” Dara unnie beamed at me and patted my hand. At 28, Dara unnie still look so young like she just turned 22. Pretty and cute like Changmin oppa said when she saw her before in the facility when we celebrated Christmas.

 

“Don’t worry about it Soojung, but don’t forget to give us a raise hehehe…” I laughed at Byul’s funny face and nodded.


“Of course! I’ll give a raise especially if we meet our target. Sooyeon unnie is the one who acts as the Barista, she makes the coffees while I do the baking. You two will be the staffs assisting customers, you can man the Bread station and be the cashier. We are self-service here, so customers has to line up to order and they will be given a wireless order buzzer to get their drinks when its ready. You just need to clear up tables, we use paper cups and other disposable items here that’s why we don’t need to wash a lot of glasses, mugs, or plates. We also have a policy here that you have to throw away your trash before you go for the next customer that will use the table.” I smiled at their awe appearance upon hearing my speech.

 

Yup, we use disposable paper products such as paper cups and straw especially when we serve coffee. Our bread is also placed in boxes or paper bags when someone buys it, or placed in a brown paper sheet when they will eat it at the store. Saves time and energy washing plates and cups, you can also help the environment by not using plastic.

 

Its self service since Unnie and I started as two when we opened it and the response was marvelous because the customers will really fall in line just to get their bread fix and throw away their trash when they are over. We will be lucky if Yuri unnie or Bao Lian or even Changmin oppa is not busy that they will help us until closing time.

 

Imagine having a respected lawyer, a CEO of a big company, and an up and coming lawyer (if he will successfully pass the exam!) helping in a small shop, doing cashiering duties or bagging the bread they choose to buy. Their presence actually brought the female customers in, squealing and fan girling when they see the handsome oppas and pretty ‘oppa material’ in Yuri unnie hahaha!

 

She also has some fanboys getting in line and buying our breads just to get a glimpse of her. Whenever girls will squeal or boys will try to flirt with Yuri unnie and tries to get her number, Sooyeon unnie will give her a glare so cold and murderous she will immediately enter in my turf and assist me in baking or just hang around and be my taster for my newly baked bread.

 

Now that the shop has grown, I bet they will still help us together with Byul and Dara. I think our customers will grow even more when they see these two pretty girls assisting them.

 

 

 

----------

 


It was already Summertime and Summertime means Puppy’s birthday is coming up. I was preparing to leave the house when my phone rang inside my bag. Pulling it out, I saw it was Bao Lian calling.

 

Strange… what does this mushroom want?

 

I call him mushroom because he will suddenly appear in the facility every Monday when I do my volunteer work. Its either I will see him leaving the visitors room or just hanging out there and helping us and the other volunteers. Maybe he really misses Eomma that much because he’s always in the facility every Monday too.

 

“Yoboseo… Yah Bao Lian, what do you need?” I heard his laugh on the phone and snickered.

 

“Cousin, are you already leaving for the facility?”

 

“I am…” Na Ra unnie came inside the house and motioned to me that she will bring the box containing the food I have prepared. I went outside and pointed at her to put it at the back of the vehicle. “We’re just loading the food then we’ll head out. Sooyeon unnie won’t be joining me today because she and Yuri unnie is still in Thailand.”

 

“Yeah Sooyeon did tell me haha… you’re sister is still mad at me, is she?”

 

“Do I still have to open the fairytale book and remind you what happened that’s why she’s cold and ruthless when it comes to you, huh?!” I chuckled and remembered Sooyeon unnie making Bao Lian distribute flyers outside the store last week while wearing a Bear Mascot costume. Yuri unnie and Byul was laughing at him so hard when he took off the headgear looking like he showered from his own sweat.

 

“No need cousin, I already closed that fairytale book and buried it deep under the foundation of the Great Wall…”

 

“Silly… why did you call? Did something happened to Baba?” after making sure all things are complete, I entered the car and sat comfortably at the passenger seat while Wookie maneuvers the car going out of the garage. I pressed the button of the automatic window to roll it down and waved goodbye to the 2 security guys we have at the house.

 

Yep, now we have 2 security guys making sure that our house is safe from whoever wants to harm me and my family aka Madame Oh who is still harboring ill feelings at me. The security guys was assigned by Dad because of the incident one night, a week after Madame Oh was ousted out of Oh Industries.

 

It was in the middle of the night when a black SUV stopped in front of our house and started to throw bottles in our gate waking us up. Wookie was awake that time securing the house and managed to get the plate number of the car that was used and even shot the 2 wheels of the car.

 

She’s never gonna stop with her tactics in scaring me, trying to scare the out of me so I will go down and beg for her forgiveness.

 

If there is someone who should ask forgiveness, it should be her. Her family especially her son for what he did to me.

 

“Uncle Wu Fan is fine and he will be here again next week. Ummm… I called because I want to ask for a favor…. haha…”

 

Favor?

 

“Sure… what is it?”

 

“Can I join the volunteer activities later, cousin? I… I.. you know…” Woah… now he’s asking. What do we have here?

 

“Sure! Meet me there in the facility…”

 

He laughed shyly at the other line before answering me “Actually…. I’m already here but still inside my car…”

 

“Arf! Arf!” wait a minute…

 

“Is that a dog I hear?! And what did you say? You’re already there?!” What is Bao Lian planning now?

 

He’s already there! With a dog for Christ’s sake!

 

“Yessss… hahaha! I’ll wait for you here cousin. Take care drive safely bye!”

 

“Yah!” the call already got disconnected leaving me wondering.

 

We made a detour first going to the Bakeshop picking up Byul and Dara because they said they want to help too, missing some of our friends inside.

 

We finally arrived at the facility and when I got out of the car, a very cute miniature Dachshund greeted me wiggling its small tail enthusiastically. Bao Lian was there holding the rein while I cradle the cutie on my arms.

 

“Hey Cousin Soojung…”

 

“Why do you have this cute puppy here today? Huh? Aigoo~~ kyeopta!”

 

“Omo… That’s so cute!” Dara unnie squealed rubbing the Puppy’s belly. Byul patted its head and snickered.

 

“You’ll be breaking hearts inside this facility the moment you go home…”

 

“I brought Fudgy here to give happiness to the inmates. You know, Dog Therapy. They do this in Italy and in the U.S., it works. They give comfort and happiness that’s why its recommended. Fudgy is the offspring of jiejie’s dog back in Shanghai. I wanted her to see Fudgy because I know she misses her doggie.” Wow… how considerate of him to think about the other inmates and not just his sister.

 

“Have you asked permission from Director Kwon?” I patted and Fudgy’s head who is now resting its head on my chest. So cute!

“I did yesterday over the phone and she said yes. That’s why I’m here…” he was grinning at me excitedly. Why is he excited?! Excited to see Eomma?

 

We went inside the facility together with me still cradling Fudgy in my arms. Bao Lian said Fudgy is a He and his other 3 siblings

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter