Cuffs - 28

Cell # 5
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey chingus! Here is our update for today, hope you like it. 

Some scenes depicted and words are a bit sensitive. 

See you tomorrow guys! 

Peace yow! 

---------

 

 

AMBER’S POV

 

Three days after Soojung’s birthday, Yuri unnie visited us again with Dad. They have collected the testimony of the missing CCTV operator that was hiding in South Jeolla, and had convince him to stand as witness for the trial. Soojung was listening intently to Dad discussing some things with her.

 

I left them on the table and stood beside Yuri unnie who was looking outside the window, like she’s thinking deep about something. I know she has been so stressed lately, with all the drama that happened, but I think this one is different.

 

She kept on playing with her retractable pen, actually she’s doing her habit that means she’s thinking - pen clicking. Her thumb repeatedly pressing down on the pen in a slow manner while she’s thinking deep.

 

Draping my arm on her shoulders, she took a side glance at me and went back to looking at the scenery outside. “What’s bothering you unnie?”

 

She sighed and rested her head on my shoulders before answering “We already have all the persons we need and their testimonies. I have in my care the original paper indicating the real results of Soojung’s kit. The Laboratory Technician was wise enough to keep it when he disappeared and took the money, he said he knew this time will come.”

 

There was silence between us, only the now rapid clicking of pen can be heard. Her phone suddenly rang breaking our peaceful moment. Fishing the phone on her coat pocket, the name of Detective Kim was blaring on the screen.

 

“Give me a second Ber, I’ll just answer this.” I nodded at her and went back to the table, sitting beside Soojung. My girlfriend gave me a look like she’s asking what we talked about, I squeezed her hand under the table and smiled at her.

 

“By the way, Amber…” Dad called my getting my attention. “Ummm… Has your sister told you about the test?”

 

I sighed deeply before nodding at him. It was Soojung’s turn to squeezed my hand giving me assurance and support.

 

Before Soojung’s birthday party ended days ago, I cornered Yuri unnie and confronted her about the information Sooyeon unnie told me about my real father. She said she plans on telling it to me that day… its just that some things has to be taken care of first. And she’s still getting Dad’s permission about the request of the man they met in Shanghai.

 

She haven’t told me the name of the man, the only information she gave me is that man and I has an uncanny resemblance. The possibility of him being my biological father is high, she said she showed my photo to the man and he’s obviously shock and wondering how the hell it happened.

 

That the story of the man and Mom’s story before was connected that’s why Yuri unnie said the stakes are really high. He requested for a DNA test just to make sure because even he is wondering if I really came from him.

 

Unnie said he is a good man, a rich Chinese businessman. I can feel that she’s keeping something from me but I didn’t ask. She will tell it in time…

 

“She did Dad… Do… do you think I should do it?” I asked him while looking at my nails. I’ve been thinking about it every night, weighing all the pros and cons of what I will decide to do.

 

What if he really is my father?

 

What will happen?

 

How about Dad?

 

Is he okay with it?

 

And Mom… What will she say once she finds out who was the man she slept with 26 years ago?

 

Soojung told me last night that I should do it. “Nothing to lose Am, positive or negative… you are still you. If its positive, another person will be added in your life and will complete your existence.”

 

“But you already completed my existence..”

 

“You did on mine too…” ahehehe…~

 

 

 

“Its for you to decide Amber… whatever your decision is, I will support you no matter what.” he smiled at me and patted my head like a kid.

 

I looked at Dad with gratitude, knowing that he cares for me even though he showed it late in my life. He never wasted time and made me feel it even though I’m inside this facility, even treating my girlfriend as his daughter in-law too.

 

Soojung and I looked at each other and she smiled at me lovingly, knowing that she supports too whatever I will decide.

 

“Okay Dad, I’ll do it. But before I do it… can I make a request Dad?” he chuckled smiling and nodded again “Whatever it is, tell me and we will get it.”

 

“Ummm… I… can I… can I talk to Mom and tell her about it?” there was a look of surprise on Dad’s face but he tried to mask it with a smile.

 

“Hmmm… S-sure… I’ll tell your Mom that you want to talk to her. When do you want her here?”

 

As soon as possible… I want to know something.

 

“Tomorrow Dad… if its okay. If she doesn’t have those annoying spa trips with her friends with bad perms.” he burst out laughing and Soojung too on my lame joke.

 

“Okay, I will tell her later when I get home. Even if she say no, I will take her here and you can introduce Soojung to her too if you want. Is that alright with you Soojung?” he turned to Soojung and my girlfriend nodded enthusiastically like a kid.

 

“That will be great Dad…” we smiled at each other cheekily, she resting her head on my shoulder.

 

We continued the discussion and he showed Soojung the evidences they have gathered, the copy of the statements that they got from the Laboratory Technician and the CCTV Operator. Even the statement given by Zhang Yixing and all of them are heavily protected and guarded somewhere in Seoul waiting for the day of the trial.

 

Even the original copy of the CCTV footage was kept by the operator saving it in a USB before he disappeared too when the Ohs paid him. Dad said the poor guy was leaving with regret because of it and kept the copy because one day the truth will finally come out. That what he really wants is for someone to offer him protection before spilling the truth.

 

The USB has been secured too and Dad said Yuri unnie already made multiple copies of it for safety.

 

Dad said they already submitted the petition to the court requesting to re-open the Frustrated Murder Case and the team of detectives headed by the Seoul Metropolitan District headed by Detective Kim also requested for the re-investigation of Soojung’s case because their team already has the needed evidences.

 

Justice will be rolling these coming days. Dad said the court will decide today if it will be granted. If granted, a trial date will be set so they can present the evidences and a possible face off again with the Oh’s legal team.

 

Dad is positive and confident about this case, he said we will win this. He promised Soojung that everything will be alright and there will also be a time where Soojung will have to appear in court.

 

I can’t be with her on that moment because I won’t be permitted to go outside. Sooyeon unnie will definitely be there and I know Soojung will be alright.

 

Yuri unnie finally ended her conversation with Detective Kim and she excitedly announced to us what the detective told her.

 

“Soojung, Amber… Detective Kim said their police raid operation on Park Chanyeol’s group is a success. Suzy is safe and no harm was brought upon her…” Soojung sighed with relief with what she heard. She was worried that Suzy might get in trouble but Yuri unnie promised her that Detective Kim will take care of her. She’s the best in her field.

 

“All 8 of them are now in custody of the Seoul Metropolitan Police, the footage taken by Suzy using the secret spy camera that Taeyeon’s team placed on her captured all the happenings inside his unit. Tae said the evidences they got was a lot… the stash of drugs inside the unit even in Park Chanyeol’s room is enough for them to be prosecuted. That’s not all…”

 

Yuri unnie’s eyes were shining, glory evident on it.

 

“What else did they get?” Soojung asked her.

 

She looked at Dad and Soojung before she answered in a confident voice. “They found USBs inside Park Chanyeol’s drawer, when they played the files… it showed the footage of what they do with the girls they make as a slave.”

 

Soojung and I looked at each other, our eyes widening on the find. “Damn…” I blurted out while holding Soojung’s hand in my lap.

 

“Oh my God… they are so going to get it..” Soojung muttered while smiling at me.

 

“They confiscated all the things deemed as evidence, even his desk top computer and lap top. it is being checked by the IT personnels and she said a lot of videos are also saved there. Detective Kim will update me later Dad, within today we will get the decision if they will be permitted to open Soojung’s case.”

 

“Oh God…” I pulled Soojung for a hug, knowing that this is very special for her.

 

“Am… I really hope they rot in hell especially that devil.”

 

“Don’t worry Soojung, just wait and it will happen.”

 

Dad’s cellphone rang at the table. We nervously stared at it knowing that it’s the most awaited call we have been waiting. He picked it up and swiped on the screen of his iPhone answering the call.

 

“This is Atty. Liu…. yes, please…. That’s a great news…”

 

The moment he said those words, Soojung started to tear up while her grip on my arms became tighter.

 

“Thank you very much and we’ll see you on that day.” he ended the call and placed his cellphone down on the table. Yuri unnie was standing beside him biting her nails, obviously nervous on what Dad received.

 

“Yah! Dad! What is it?! did we get it?!”

 

A bright smile suddenly appeared on Dad’s face and nodded at Soojung and me.

 

“We got it, we did it! The first trial will take place in three days… in three days! Hooo!” he stood up and embraced Yuri unnie who reciprocated it with a big hug. It was nice to watch them like that, Yuri unnie will always be Dad’s precious daughter.

 

Soojung and I looked at each other, her arms wrapped around my neck with a teary smile. I know what she is feeling right now, I know she’s happy and at the same time nervous. Court Trials brings back memories… bad memories that has to be discussed again.

 

Wiping the tears on her cheeks with my thumb, I planted a kiss each on her eyes and smiled at her.

 

This is it…. the moment we have been waiting for.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

YURI’S POV

 

 

After our visit on the facility Dad and I went straight to the Police Station to meet Taeyeon. She welcomed us at the lobby and brought us in a room where they keep the suspects for questioning. We were behind the two way mirror so the person inside that room can’t see and hear us.

 

It was Park Chanyeol inside that room being interrogated by one of Taeyeon’s team mate. The kid is looking smug, no trace of fear or nervousness can be seen on his face.

 

Hahaha… you are like that because you know that your money will save you.

 

Just wait you jerk… just wait.

 

We listened on the questioning being conducted on him.

 

“Mr. Park Chanyeol, this interrogation is being recorded. Anything that you will say or do will be use against you. You may answer the question or not, please be advise that you have the right to have a lawyer beside you if you deemed that you needed one. If you decide not to contact a lawyer, please sign on this waiver so we can start.”

 

He snorted and took the pen, playing with it on his fingers. “I need my lawyer… where is he? I’m getting hungry officer, can’t I just eat first?”

 

The detective let out a smirk and smiled at him “Of course! What would you like to eat Mr. Park? We can order and have it delivered here.”

 

“I want some…. Steak and Lobster from that restaurant that I like. Also a glass of wine if you may while we are waiting for my lawyer.” the devil of this !

 

Where does he think he is? At Lotte Hotel?!

 

C

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter