Cuffs - 17

Cell # 5
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey chingus! Here's our update again. Is it boring? Am I boring you with the chapters? I would like to say sorry if I'm boring you guys but I need to build up the story hehe... 

Thank you to all the subscribers and upvotes! 

P.S.

Two characters from a previous story is having a guesting. Can you guest who they are? Hehehe...

 

Peace yow! ✌

 

----++----

 

 

 

Yuri’s POV

 

 

We contacted a few people we knew who are from China but help is really not clear right now. The Zhang’s are from the old money, that’s why getting in touch with anyone close to them is hard.

 

As what my favorite author Kevin Kwan said on his novel “Crazy Rich Asians”, the old money rich has their own circle compared from the new money who only became millionaires 10 years before when China is having their economic reforms.

 

These families go way back centuries basking in their riches from the dynasties, inter marrying into the royalty especially those in Thailand and Malaysia.

 

Dad’s family is rich but I don’t know how rich since he was already disowned by our own Grandfather when he married Mom who he met here in Korea when he was vacationing. Dad said Grandfather Liu owns a big house in Shanghai before and was a close friend of Mao Tse Tung.

 

I always keep the chuckle to myself when Dad will say it. Mao Tse Tung my .

 

That the Liu’s owns factories and real estate corporations until now that is being run by his younger brother that he doesn’t even tell us the name. I tried to Google “LIU” before but all I had was a big headache. There are so many Lius and its in Chinese for ’s sake!

 

I’m part Chinese that doesn’t have the knowledge of my other heritage. I know English and Japanese but not Chinese. My brain was blocking it hehehe...

 

It has crossed my mind to ask Dad if he knew something about the Zhang’s but I’m contemplating if I should. He’s just to arrogant and secretive whenever I will ask him questions regarding Chinese people.

 

Don’t get me wrong, I love my father. Dad is the most loving and hard working person I know, he will do everything and give everything for our family. Its just that when it comes to Amber... Its opposite.

 

That’s why when I found out that Amber was Mom’s daughter from another man, it made me understand what Dad is going through. I love my sister and it will never change, even though we don’t have the same father we still have the same blood in our veins.

 

Even though it was one mistake, Dad was heartbroken.

 

He does love Amber, i can feel it. Who wouldn’t love my adorable and sometimes dense-sometimes smart sister. When Dad vanished Amber to our household back then when my sister declared that she is different, I asked Dad why did he do it. Why does he treat Amber like my sister doesn’t deserved his love.

 

He said he loves my sister and he’s disappointed that she became like that. That he just wanted her to learn a lesson and be away from him, away from his vision.

 

Because even though he loves my sister like his own, he can never forget the mistake our mother did. She was a living evidence of Mom’s one night of weakness.... and unfaithfulness. I don’t know why he said that word - unfaithfulness - when Mom only managed to do the deed once with that guy.

 

Dad and Mom looks okay, they are still together. Mom is still the obedient wife who stays at home and do nothing and watch dramas all day long in the comforts of our entertainment room. Sometimes, i don’t know how she can stay at home all day or go shopping with her friends without even checking on her youngest.

 

Not once that she ask me how Amber is doing inside the prison. The last time she ask me about Amber was when my sister is taken in custody by the police after the raid on her apartment. She called me on the phone asking , “Did your sister really did that?”

 

When I answered her with a Yes, she became silent at the other line.. then disconnected.

 

I knew about Mom’s desire to have Amber aborted when she got pregnant. Amber told me all about the sad revelation she heard that day when Mom and Dad were fighting. She went to my dorm in the university crying, heart broken on what she heard. That’s when my resentment to our mother grew.

 


“Yuri...” I was distracted from my day dreaming when a voice so familiar called my name.

 

“Dad...” I smiled at him and stood up, bowing. She took my hand and squeezed it affectionately before having a seat.

 

I invited Dad for a lunch date today because I really have to know everything about that family in China. He’s the only one I trust that knows something about the Zhang’s since like he said, the Liu’s are rich too.

 

“How are you? Why are you looking thin? You’re not eating on time again I suppose?” always the caring old man.

 

“I do eat Dad... And i’m not thin! I go to the gym.”

 

He nodded while checking the menu of the Italian Restaurant I asked him to meet me. I was observing him, how his brows furrows while reading the menu list. I know him, the moment he scrunches his nose... he’s bound to ask a question I so want to hear.

 

One

 

 

 


Two

 

 

 


Three

 

 

 

 

 

 

“How is your meimei...”

 

Gotcha!

 

Hehehe...

 

You can never really lie to me Dad.

 

You still care for my dongsaeng... Err... Meimei...

 

“Amber’s doing good Dad... She was so happy when we celebrated her birthday inside the facility. I got a permission from the Director and her girlfriend was also with us...” his eyebrow raised when I said the word ‘Girlfriend’.

 

He cleared his throat and tried to look disinterested on what I said but I know there are a lot of thoughts running inside his mind now.

 

“I bought her cake with the money you gave me plus I made her a birthday soup and other dishes. One of her friends brought meat as additional because Soojung’s bosses sent it for her.

 

“Soojung?”

 

“Oh... Ummm... Soojung is the name of her girlfriend.” he nodded then looked up to me.

 

“Is... Is y-your sister well?”

 

I sighed at him and reached for his hand across the table, squeezing it with assurance. “She is well Dad... Amber is well and is serving her sentence dutifully. And someone is taking care of her inside so you don’t need to worry.”

 

Dad... Why don’t you just visit my dongsaeng and see for your self?

 

Let go of that pride and visit her... Because I know you miss her even though you don’t want to admit it.

 

But of course I can’t say that hehe... I don’t want to be disrespectful of Dad. He has to realize it on his own.

 

Dad took a deep breath and returned the squeeze with his handsome smile beaming at me, relief was written all over his face. “Then that’s good... That Soojung... She’s an inmate too I supposed? Why is she there?”

 

Before I can say anything, a waitress already came to our table smiling, ready to take our orders. My eyes went wide when I saw the face of the girl...

 

What sorcery is this?!

 

“Good afternoon Mam, Sir... My name is Bo Na and i’ll be your server for this afternoon. Are you ready to give your orders?”

 

Maybe i’m just hungry... Yeah i’m hungry and my vision is failing me.

 

Because this girl in front of me now is like a carbon copy of my future sister-in-law.... I mean Soojung hehehe.... Only younger..

 

Maybe she noticed my stupid stare at her that’s why she waved her hand in front of me. “Mam.... Is there a problem? D-do you want me to call another waiter to take your order?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter