Cuffs - 5

Cell # 5
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey chingus! Here's our second update for today. Hehe yep we had a double update...

This chapter is on Soojung's POV on the day of the crime and then present day at the end. 

Shoutout to all our subscribers and to those who upvoted the story. Komawa! 😊

See you all tomorrow​! ✌

------

 

1024’s POV

 

Flashback

 

“Eunhyuk-ssi! It’s my last shift tonight... Will you cook some beef for me?” I asked the bar cook in a joking manner.

 

My name is Jung Soojung, 22 years old and works as a dishwasher on this dance bar at Cheongdamdong. This has been my part-time job ever since I started in the university and the owners, Shindong-ssi and Heechul-ssi are nice enough to keep me employed up to this day.


They said their bar has been catering to those rich good for nothing kids who don’t study and party all day and night. So for them, having me work in this bar is like to clean their conscience and also to help me. They treat me as their dongsaeng and gives me the freedom to see the management of their bar too.


My graduation will be in a month and I can’t wait to wear my graduation gown. Unnie already had it ready, laundered and stored inside our dresser.


Unnie has been my inspiration all these years while studying. She has been my mother and sister ever since Eomma and Appa died in a car crash 10 years ago. I was 12 back then and unnie is 18, after finishing High School she started working to earn money for the two of us.


The money that our parents left for us is not enough. Although the house is ours, but still, we need money to pay the bills and to buy other necessities to survive.


When I turned 15, I took a part time job in a cafe near our house. The money I earn there is what I used to pay for my school projects and other fees. Unnie told me I shouldn’t have but I insisted because i want to help her.


Sooyeon unnie was always on the go, be it a waitress on some catering events, being an extra on some dramas or chicken delivery girl.


That’s why i told myself, after finishing my studies i’m gonna work hard and support unnie.

 

“Soojung-ah, Shindong-ssi calls for you! He said go inside and meet him at the bar!” one of the waiters told me while i’m putting the pots aside.


“Be right there!” I took off my apron and fixed myself before going out of the kitchen.


Loud EDM noise welcomed me as I walked the short distance going to the bar. The people are all busy grinding to the beat that our in-house DJ is playing.


I don’t really know why these people are so crazy dancing in this kind of music. I prefer the laid back kind of tunes and not this kind of noise.


I saw Shindong-ssi inside the bar helping one of our bartenders, Henry, to mix drinks for the guests. I guess we’re full house tonight, a lot of girls are swooning over him making Shindong-ssi shake his head in amusement.


Henry and I aren’t really close but we do greet each other and sometimes talk. He always give me a free beer when I deliver his clean glasses. Most of the time I spend my shift inside the kitchen.


I went inside the bar area and watched them make the drinks. They are so good with this, I wonder why these people are so fixated on having cocktails when you can just drink a hard one straight.


Cocktails or Soju?


Definitely Soju!


I can drink 5 bottles in one seating and pair it with Jjajangmyun. Hahaha...


It was unnie’s fault... She taught me how to drink!


“Soojung-ah, there will be a time in your life that even eating something sweet won’t make you feel good. Soju will help you with it!” she said drunkenly to me before she gave me my first shot.

 

 

After the rush of customers, Shindong-ssi smiled to me and signaled me to follow him in the office. We went inside and he motioned me to sit on the chair in front of his table.


“Soojung-ah! It’s your last duty tonight, isn’t it?”


“Yes oppa! I’m really grateful for all your help..” I call him oppa when the other staffs are not around. He’s like a big brother for me.


He sat down on his chair behind the desk and pulled something out on his drawer. It was a letter envelop and he slid it on the table in front of me.


“This is a little gift from all of us here Soojung-ah... I hope you take it, its small but it can help you especially that you’ll be starting in your new work after your graduation.” I looked at him with wonder as I took the envelop on the table. I opened it and seeing the content made my eyes turn wide.


It was a bank check and the amount was enough for me to buy sets of clothes for work plus shoes.


“Shindong oppa....” my eyes watered seeing it.


“Soojung-ah, you’ve been a great help to us all these years that you were working here. Although it’s hard to let go of an employee like you because you are one of a kind, we’re happy because all your hard work has paid off and now you are graduating. We want you to know that we are so proud of you and i hope you won’t forget us.” he said smiling at me kindly.


I nodded at him and brushed away the tears on my cheeks smiling. “Of course I wouldn’t forget all of you. You treated me like family and I was always thankful about it...”


“We admire your perseverance and dedication to your work and study. Imagine having 3 part-time jobs while studying and still maintaining the highest grade at the university?! Bwoah.... You are something...”


“ You know I have to Oppa... Anyway, thank you very much for this..” I lifted the envelop smiling at him. “I can buy the clothes I needed now before I start in the company.”


“Aigoooo.... Our Soojung-ah will wear boring office clothes now! We will miss you wearing jeans and t-shirts to work.” he teased me.


I sighed and pouted at him “Me too... I’ll miss this get up but there’s nothing I can do oppa..” I stood up and bowed at him. “Please send my regards to Heechul oppa and tell him how much thankful I am.”


“ Will do Soojung-ah... He will arrive tomorrow from Japan, you should come here tomorrow early and we will have a little get together. Soju is on me! Arasso?”


I smiled at him and nodded clapping my hands “Arasso oppa!” Yay! Free soju!!


He waved his hand to me joking “Ka! Ka! I don’t need you anymore! All you want is free soju!”


“Why not add some beef too?” I crossed my fingers behind my back hehehe....


“Tell it to Eunhyuk and say its on me! Ka! Be careful later when you go home and say Hi for me to your unnie..” he has a big crush on Sooyeon unnie but he’s too shy to tell her.


“Okay!” I gave him a thumbs up and placed the envelop inside the pocket of my hoodie while I exit his office.

 

“Hey Soojung-ssi!” I turned my head on the person who called me and it was Henry. I went to the bar and smiled at him.


“Hey Henry! Do you need anything from the kitchen?”


“Hehe... Some clean glasses... A lot of these heads are liking cocktails more than beer tonight. I have to stock up... Is it okay?” he scratched his head smiling.


“Sure! I’ll check the dishwasher if the glasses are ready then i’ll bring it to you.”


“Thank you Soojung-ssi! And by the way, congratulations! Shindong-ssi said you’ll be marching in a month. Beer is on me tonight! Drop by here after your shift..” he gave me a thumbs up and assisted another customer.

 

Wow... I think i’m lucky tonight... I received a check enough for me to go on shopping, free soju tomorrow, free beef, free beer later.. What more will I get tonight?!

 

As i was passing through on the corner, loud hoots from a group of party goers caught my ear. I looked at them and saw that they are already drunk.

 

Glasses and bottles of expensive liquor line up their table and some girls are sitting on their laps and some are engage in a disgusting kiss with the girls.

 

Eeeww...

 

Just get a room you people!

 

I shook my head in pity and continued on walking.

 

Without me knowing that a pair of eyes saw me looking at their group.

 

Upon entering the kitchen, Eunhyuk-ssi and the other staffs surprised me with a cake and banner with ‘Congratulations!’ written on it. I got free grilled beef like what I requested from him and we all tasted the cake they bought at the nearby bakeshop.


I went back to the bar with Henry’s request and also brought with me a slice of cake. He was talking to someone that time but all I can see is his side profile. He has blond hair but the black roots are already showing and he was wearing glasses and in a black hoodie.


From afar, I can see that he has nice nose... Wow... I’m a er for guys with nice noses. And horn rimmed glasses.


He said good bye to Henry and disappeared on the crowd without me seeing his face.


Sigh... It will be better if I have seen his face.

 

Oh well...

 

“Hey Soojung-ssi! Let me help you with that...” Henry saw me and went out of the bar to help me carry the tray of glasses.


I helped him set it up on the bar then after that he handed me a bottle of beer. “This is my payment Soojung-ssi! Let’s toast to your success!”


“Amen to that!” we clicked our bottles together and chug down the beer.


Ahhhhhhhh..... That taste good!

 

“My friend was just here a while ago before you arrived. Tsk tsk... I was planning to introduce my friend to you...”


“Is he the one who left?”


He burst out laughing on what I said. What’s wrong with it?!


“Ahahaha.... Sorry sorry... Yes, it was ‘Him’ who left.”
Weird... Nevermind...

 

"My friend passed by for a drink. He was rambling about his overjealous girlfriend..."

 

"Why? Maybe he cheated on her.." I snorted.

 

"Nah... My friend is one woman...woman.." I arched my eyebrow at him not understanding what he said. "Nevermind haha! He's a good person.."

 

"Then what's the reason his girlfriend is jealous? Surely it has a reason."

 

“His girlfriend is jealous because my friend always puts his business first. But he only does that so he can give his girlfriend all she wants. She has been draining his pocket for non-sense things. I don’t know why he is so in-love with that girl. That girl is a ! I know she’s doing something behind her back... I mean his back..” I raised my eyebrow at him again but didn’t say anything.

 

I took a chug of my beer then furrowed my brows “Maybe because he’s too blind to see. I don’t know... You guys are very hard to understand. I’ve been in a relationship before but it ended early... My ex-boyfriend broke up with me after a month because he said he wants to concentrate on his studies. The next day, I saw him on this bar, right there on that table at the far right corner chugging down his tongue on some girl.” he snickered and drank his beer then shook his head.

 

“What did you do?”

 

“I gave him a smile and told him, ‘Enjoy the night !’ and gave him a middle finger. God... I regret giving him my first kiss..” I cringe remembering it and shook my head to erase the thought. It was a horrible first kiss and it didn’t happened again. I'm just really thankful I didn't give myself to him.

 

“Hahahaha! I can’t really say anything about us guys that best describes us. But one things for sure, we have 2 brains and most of the time we use the brain down there than the brain up here when we deal with girls.”

 

"Well that's why I lost my faith in guys... No offense Henry.."

 

"None taken Soojung-ah, I know what you're saying because I admit I'm like that too sometimes." He grinned at me.

 

Both of us laughed while drinking our beers when suddenly, a crumpled tissue hit Henry on his face. We looked to the direction where it came from and there was a guy standing there with eyes looking droopy but angry. His hair is like Ron Weasly’s hair color from Harry Potter and his outfit is something you will wear when you’re vacationing in Hawaii, the buttons are unmade showing his flower tattoos on his chest.

 

Wow... Flowery outfit and flower tattoos... Maybe he’s into flowers...

 

He looks like a spoiled rich brat ulzzang with those gold chains hanging on his neck...


Good looking but I don’t like him. He’s not my type at all and I hate guys like him, acting like he owns the world.

 

“Excuse me sir, that was very rude of you..” Henry said meeting the stranger’s gaze. The gingerhead sniggerred and placed a smirked at Henry.

 

“Give me some beer bartender...” I feel very uncomfortable with the way this jerk stares at me. He looks like a ert!

 

Henry was busy opening the beer when some of gingerhead’s flower polo friends went up to him and started asking beer to Henry too.


...


All of them are staring at me now...


All 8 of them looking like they are going to eat me alive.


Okayyyyy.... I need to get out of here.

 

“Henry I think i’ll go inside now.. Thanks for the beer..”


“Better go inside Soojung-ah... These heads are looking so high right now... Go back to the kitchen..” he whispered to me and nodded. I made my way out of the bar and immediately walk going to the kitchen.

 

Gross...

 

 

 

-----------

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter